• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Like It Or Lup It! (475)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ah, this was a good episode, but you can tell they really used a lot of extra padding toward the end of it. Team Rocket could have gotten blasted off for good by either the whirlpool or by Pikachu, but they kept coming back. They must have had extra time to fill in this episode and they didn't know what to do with it.

The preview made this ep look like a Hikari themed ep, but it really was mostly a Team Rocket-esque episode with some development for Pochama thrown in.

Is it just me, or is Pochama's appeal a little TOO perfect at the end? That appeals looks more impressive than most of May's appeals, and considering this is coming from a newbie who hasn't even entered a Contest yet, this is a little Mary Sue-ish. May's screwed up with appeals a ton and all her early ones were rather basic, yet Pochama has a winner already? A bit too perfect for my tastes.

I hate to gripe about Hikari again, but I have to agree with Gravy on Hikari's personality. She really is kinda bland, pretty much making the same girly squeals and concerns that May did over her run. But worst of all, Hikari seems like May during the worst part of her run, mid Battle Frontier May when she started to become somewhat stale.

Why is Hikari getting so much praise when her Pochama has more personality than she has? And speaking of Pochama, that thing ROCKS. One of the best Pokemon personalities in years, too bad its trainer isn't terribly interesting herself.

Ugh, here's hoping she'll be more exciting when her Contest arc starts, because being dull this early into her run is NOT a good thing. :/

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
To be fair, none of the main characters were very entertaining and interesting in this episodes - it was mostly the Pokemon and the Rocket Gang that were interesting.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
To be fair, none of the main characters were very entertaining and interesting in this episodes - it was mostly the Pokemon and the Rocket Gang that were interesting.

Indeed, but one could argue that Ash and Brock have been stale for a long time now, since they're such old characters.

Hikari was awesome in D/P # 1-3, but she seems to have lost it in all the following episodes. What happened to that awesome spunk from the original three-parter? In the following episodes the writers are pretty much writing her as if May were still here, and hell, I'm not even looking for the similarities anymore but the way she acts and talks is pretty much the same.

I really hope her rival spices things up a bit, or she goes back to the way her personality was in D/P #1-3, because that's LOADS better than the way she is now.

They made Pochama friggin AWESOME, that means they should be capable of doing the same with Hikari.

OMG, how adorable babish episode. I can't belive, some people at my age still watch it XD

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Were they looking up her skirt? xD

It was an interesting episode, total cliche of May's Squirtle (but you cant really help that can you) - I was surprised how amazing Pochama already is after only 6 episodes, wow xD

~Scott;229;

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
At least Pochama has a bad attitude which makes it up for the uberness. And at least it's practicing. Unike the terrible turtle that pulled Ice Beam out of its hind end.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
At least Pochama has a bad attitude which makes it up for the uberness. And at least it's practicing. Unike the terrible turtle that pulled Ice Beam out of its hind end.

True, although it doesn't help matters that her second capture, the bunny, knows Ice beam in the wild before Hikari even catches it.

I think the writers are going to hand her the TM moves easily just like they did with May, while only Ash will have to struggle and train to teach his Pokemon new moves.

As awesome as Pochama is, I do really hope she loses her first Contest. Her appeals are already a billion times better than May's was in early Hoenn, and winning her first Contest would make her look too much like a Mary Sue.

Thankfully if her rival debuts there, it would be a given she loses.

Pikafan

Ashfan for life
Hikari's pokemon practice performance was great I can't wait to see her in action pretty soon in her first contest!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
To be fair Cyber, it's not like spinning around and launching a few non-Corphish-orange-Bubblebeam-Bubbles is that difficult a performance. I thought getting over the dizziness (which was the only problem it had anyways) in a single episode was perfectly acceptable. Pochama hasn't really done anything ground breakingly astounding with the move. Thus far, at least :p

Geodude said:
Well, one thing we do know about Hikari is that she's a dreamer. We see again in this episode how she likes to fantasize about being in contests.
Thats the one thing about Hikari that really caught my attention. If they could just incorperate her blissfully silly dreams into her regular speech and personallity, then they'd have something to go by. As it stands, I'm once again left crossing my fingers tightly to the point of snapping. It would really help boost her character out of the duldrums.

I'd like to mention Masukippa now hisses "Su-Ki!", and entire head is now bigger then Golduck.
Whoever is voicing the thing must be having a hell of a lot of fun, that's for sure. I know the "Su-Ki" hiss was still different and all, but I'm starting to see an overall voice slowly coming together. I guess Maskippa just has a ton of different cries it can use~

And while we're mentioning Maskippa, I'd like to point out that he looks a lot like Mayor Cheesburger. Which, naturally, is beyond cool.
There's also the fact that it's ALWAYS smiling. Like the spawn of Koffing and Victreebel.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Who is the "Mayor Cheeseburger" you speak up? Surely you jest at the notion Sir Kippa is somekind of promotional ad for a restaurant of some sorts?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Who is the "Mayor Cheeseburger" you speak up? Surely you jest at the notion Sir Kippa is somekind of promotional ad for a restaurant of some sorts?

Well, you know what they say Koji: To get to the top, you've got to start from the bottom. Though if it's any consolation, starting as the Mayor of meat products in a bun is pretty damn sweet.

[img139]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Mayor_McCheese.jpg[/img139]
This sexy dude.

See the resemblence?

Edit: Dammit Gravy

Tapatio

OMG! Masukippa is like a vegetarian version of that "Mayor Cheseeburger" guy!

Icicle

I only saw part of this episode.

But all I have to say is. Pochama wins at life. And it needs to be made into a bobble head doll >___>;

Also, Golduck is pretty badass.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
When Pochama evolves I shall cry, because its about a billion times more amusing than that fat penguin we saw in D/P #4.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
I seen this a week ago, and when I seen the pics at first, I thought it was stupid. But when I seen it on motion, it is the most funniest episode I seen in a while. Pochama officially rocks now, I just love that little penguin, and same here I'm gonna cry when it evolves.

This was actually one of the best Team Rocket episodes and a Pokemon one as well. Its a first that the Ash and Brock were much on the spotlight which it is a start. But the expression owns it all. Awesome eppie!