• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Like It Or Lup It! (475)

Littlemyuu

A good episode, Piplup who get lost..glad it was back to dawn again

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The fun thing about rewatching some of these episodes is that some age better than others. Here is one such example of the latter...

You know, I recall this episode being a lot funnier in 2006. Maybe it was the stellar off-the-wall animation or the fact that in my original post it seems I could not stop making racist references, but much of this episode is actually a chore to sit through. It is a testament to how much animation can make or break an episode, however, as it certainly spruces up what would otherwise be another mundane episode with Pokemon communicating with one another (Shinjo's wackiness has nowadays translated into Natsume goodness). Granted, those episodes are usually fun, and a psychotic Golduck helps here, but Team Rocket is actually a bit of a drag here. This also happens to be the point where Pochama begins to take the reigns of its semi-mascot status, but at least for now, the thing is quite entertaining.

Little touches prevent this episode from being too formulaic. Ludicolo is always a fun Pokemon who I still cannot stop smirking at today, we do get some vital contest practice that Haruka did not really receive at first, and Pochama's personality and not-well-thought-out leadership hits an early peak. Otherwise, it follows a very standard formula. We pointed out back then that it was the third consecutive episode not to have any new debut, and in a sense, this episode was a tad unnecessary this early in the game, but there even in Hoenn, we had early fillers that were worse than this. All-in-all, it's not as entertaining as I recall, but it's a cute episode regardless.

B-

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved to see all those water type pokemon.

especially Ludicolo and Golduck. i was happy to see tham in the anime again.

And Piplup was funny...

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Funny. Team Rocket has to ruin everything, including the wild Pokemon's food supply. I was all for Piplup back when this aired. We all thought Piplup would be the star for a few more episodes. I liked that it became the hero in early Sinnoh as a result. I liked that Dawn got some practice for the Jubilife Contest too. A decent Sinnoh filler episode. 6/10.

Last edited:

popcorn dragon

This was a pretty sucky filler. I liked the judges part, but this episode also shows Piplup is a complete wimp. I'd say 5/10.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode cracked me up. The funniest part to me was Dawn's reaction when she found out Piplup volunteered to protect the other pokemon, hilarious. I was happy that Ludicolo and Golduck made appearances because I like them. Another great episode.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
It was an okay thought. The feud between Ludicolo and Golduck (And the other water types) weren't too bad. Piplup sure was trying to be a hero/leader in this episode much like the other episodes.

I liked how Jessie was kind of mocking Golduck when she was saying his name wasn't on the berry lol.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Piplup actually didn't do so much things in this episode. The focus was on Team Rocket.
Ludicolo and Golduck - It's good to see them again. I missed.

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
I liked this episode. The facial expressions were funny and we got to see Ludicolo and Golduck which is always a good time in the anime. But considering that the DP Saga is almost over I can't help but think that this was the first of many, many episodes centered around Piplup. And I was also disappointed that that technique never got used in a contest. Well, this was a fun episode and pretty good for a filler.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Team Rocket as judges! To me that was one of their best disguises

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... TR was definitely a pain in this episode... They stole the berries the Water Pokemon worked so hard to gather, which caused a feud between them and the Ludicolo. It was cool to see the 3 Ludicolo dancing. The Boss fantasy with the Richard Simmons routine was hilarious! It was cool for TR to be exposed and then the Water Pokemon blast them off themselves.

20/100

wind21

Just want to add to this:

They are two nitpicks I have with this episode. The first one is a "minor" one, about the Remoraid machine things. That was definitely a not very creative way to force Piplup to have to use its contest bubblebeam. Remoraid was a nice choice, in terms of old pokemon showing up, I guess, so it's not all bad. The second thing would be the way Ash doesn't call out Starly or Turtwig or Aipom to help Piplup when it was struggling. So this whole scenario wasn't too well thought out.

But what I really liked was the way Ash, Brock, and Dawn observed what Piplup was doing, rather than intervene directly. I think that's the type of interaction that defines Sinnoh. You never get the sense that our heroes know exactly what the right thing to do is, and, really what exactly is the right thing to do isn't clear either. That's something I've always really liked about the Sinnoh episodes, b/c I believe real life is like that. Of course, many people don't prefer to observe and don't hesitate to just jump in there and take action, but I'm just not one of those people. So for me, I have an easier time relating to the Sinnoh episodes.

Every now and then, a topic will open up about the group dynamics of the Sinnoh group, and I think this epiosde was really good in showcasing the way it normally works. Though this is Dawn's home region, she's the "stranger" in this group. Ash and Brock have traveled together for so long and are pretty good friends. Dawn is also more hesitant to voice her opinion, mostly saying what she thinks in a questioning voice, b/c of her inexperience as a trainer compared to the relative experience of Ash and Brock. The differences in experience allow for variety in the storylines; Ash's storyline, in terms of the skill he has to show in order to overcome his obstacles in Sinnoh, is much more complex than Dawn's. You can see an example of that here. Last episode, Ash lost a very tough, tough match to Paul; here, Dawn gets character growth just by believing in Piplup. But to make up for that "simplicity," if you will, Dawn's journey is much more emotional; and it's fun to watch. I think one thing that's lacking next region is that all three characters of the group feel equal; they are the same, and there's no real variety, in terms of turmoil, of their journey (subjects are different, yet complexity of solutions and how the problems are solved feel similar).

This episode wasn't as horrible as other people make it seem.

Piplup spinning while using a move sounds a lot like counter shield. Ash even stole that idea from her. >:O

At least Dawn is returning, so he can steal her ideas again and become less of a joke. Hanging around Iris so much has made him a little annoying.

And I laughed at "Carnivine I am not a peice of fruit, no matter what anybody said!!"

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode was Hilarious, mostly because of Piplup. Also Piplup masters the spinning bubblebeam move, which I believe is the countershield move.
I give this episode an 8/10.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I cackled at Meowth's boss fantasy about giving Giovanni the Ludicolo trio, and I found the Golduck to be hysterical especially during the TR court scene and when Carnivine bit his head. I liked Team Rocket's use of fake Remoraid as ammunition, and seeing Piplup master his Bubblebeam appeal at long last was satisfying, especially during the sunset scene.