1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Like playing through the game quickly?

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Magiclapras, May 27, 2010.

1. Magiclapras

Magiclapras Dragon Goddess Flyder

2. tom-tom

tom-tom Furret <3

I always go through the games fast, but not this fast.

3. Serebii!

Serebii! Well-Known Member

After I complete the game I go back through it as fast as possible but not as fast as that

4. Lorde

Lorde Banned

What's the point of rushing through a Pokemon game? Isn't the point to have fun? I don't see how it's fun to rush through the game and leave all the fun stuff behind. I find that the battling and collecting are the most rewarding aspects of the game and should therefore be appreciated. You can't fully appreciate what the game has to offer if you're competing to see who can beat the game the fastest, it just seems hollow. I take my time when I play the 3rd Gen games since I've learned that once all the trainers are beaten and all the Pokemon have been caught, the game losses a lot of it's appeal.

5. Eve

Eve Hey.

On the first run through I like to take my time and catch every Pokemon that I see that I haven't caught yet. After that I catch my team accordingly and don't really care about the rest. I don't really rush through at all.

6. Eve

Eve Hey.

On the first run through I like to take my time and catch every Pokemon that I see that I haven't caught yet. After that I catch my team accordingly and don't really care about the rest. I don't really rush through at all.

7. Magiclapras

Magiclapras Dragon Goddess Flyder

Should've put it a different way then. Basicly, do you like speed-running the games.

8. Misty Lover17

Misty Lover17 Water Trainer

I'm never in a hurry.

I'd rather do things slowly. If you do things quickly, you're doing it wrong. ^_^

9. glox

glox Active Member

God, it takes me that long to choose a starter.

10. Absol trainer

Absol trainer Hidden Valley...

My god, 3 hours? At that point I'm normally at the first gym/ on my way to the second gym. What's the fun of doing a game like pokemon this fast? If it would be, like, a kirby game I could understand it, but not with pokemon.

11. snowy348

snowy348 Banned

12. AmphyOrca

AmphyOrca ...

I like to take the game slow...

13. Ichimoto

Ichimoto Member

No, I take my time to train up my (rather poor) team... :p

14. Marinator

Marinator Member

3 HOURS! Wtf, I am usually on the second gym by then. Man, that person has no life

15. Ludicepop!

Ludicepop! I live in hoenn.

I play through the game normally but it always ends up being fast.

16. cdef677

cdef677 Banned

reciprocation 30

reciprocation 30 life, of wow gold which less than 20 eld ago meeting in X-ray surface to see the soul on the sort to see wow powerleveling the film on the picturing, perception haggard, with wow accounts her catchy eyes countenance, single-control workplace and buy wow gold literature, activity articles and speaking with colleagues, and patients disputes - faculty only straighten her own receive and gradually chainlike the canvas progressively readable and progressively logical cheap wow gold examination theories.

17. PsychedelicJellyfish

PsychedelicJellyfish formerly R. New

I don't see the point. I played through Platinum very quickly for some reason, and when I played FireRed I played through extremely quickly because I had borrowed it and was only trying to get a Raikou.

18. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

No, I like the story in these games, why ignore it?

19. dddevious

dddevious Member

I guess that a lot of the people asking what the point in speed running Pokemon is don't realise that some people find blitzing through a game at an abnormally fast rate to be fun :p. Three hours is as impressive as hell, I gotta say.

20. Todoserugi

Todoserugi Never Forget

when i play the games i play as fast as i can but when i cant get past something i slow down, go back and catch pokemon. once in emerald i didnt catch n e pokemon until i fully evolved my treeko and i got to the second gym, evolved it into sceptile and cought a shiny sableye