• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Like playing through the game quickly?

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What's the point of rushing through a Pokemon game? Isn't the point to have fun? I don't see how it's fun to rush through the game and leave all the fun stuff behind. I find that the battling and collecting are the most rewarding aspects of the game and should therefore be appreciated. You can't fully appreciate what the game has to offer if you're competing to see who can beat the game the fastest, it just seems hollow. I take my time when I play the 3rd Gen games since I've learned that once all the trainers are beaten and all the Pokemon have been caught, the game losses a lot of it's appeal.

Eve

Hey.
On the first run through I like to take my time and catch every Pokemon that I see that I haven't caught yet. After that I catch my team accordingly and don't really care about the rest. I don't really rush through at all.

Eve

Hey.
On the first run through I like to take my time and catch every Pokemon that I see that I haven't caught yet. After that I catch my team accordingly and don't really care about the rest. I don't really rush through at all.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Should've put it a different way then. Basicly, do you like speed-running the games.

glox

God, it takes me that long to choose a starter.

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
My god, 3 hours? At that point I'm normally at the first gym/ on my way to the second gym. What's the fun of doing a game like pokemon this fast? If it would be, like, a kirby game I could understand it, but not with pokemon.

Ichimoto

No, I take my time to train up my (rather poor) team... :p

Marinator

3 HOURS! Wtf, I am usually on the second gym by then. Man, that person has no life

Ludicepop!

I live in hoenn.
I play through the game normally but it always ends up being fast.

cdef677

Banned
reciprocation 30

reciprocation 30 life, of wow gold which less than 20 eld ago meeting in X-ray surface to see the soul on the sort to see wow powerleveling the film on the picturing, perception haggard, with wow accounts her catchy eyes countenance, single-control workplace and buy wow gold literature, activity articles and speaking with colleagues, and patients disputes - faculty only straighten her own receive and gradually chainlike the canvas progressively readable and progressively logical cheap wow gold examination theories.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I don't see the point. I played through Platinum very quickly for some reason, and when I played FireRed I played through extremely quickly because I had borrowed it and was only trying to get a Raikou.

dddevious

I guess that a lot of the people asking what the point in speed running Pokemon is don't realise that some people find blitzing through a game at an abnormally fast rate to be fun :p. Three hours is as impressive as hell, I gotta say.

Todoserugi

Never Forget
when i play the games i play as fast as i can but when i cant get past something i slow down, go back and catch pokemon. once in emerald i didnt catch n e pokemon until i fully evolved my treeko and i got to the second gym, evolved it into sceptile and cought a shiny sableye