• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Likes and Dislikes of the Main Cast Pokémon?

Serzooka

Me @ the world right now....
Grookey only appeared in the opening because the writers were forced too since the other lines of starters showed up as well, and they knew they couldn't get away with making it not show up.

Anyways, I think the JN Pokémon cast is alright for the most part if we don't take in account of screentime, but the lack of chemistry brings them down to my least favourite Pokémon cast in the entire series because of it.

Edit: Wanted to organize my thoughts a bit.

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

Pikachu
Likes: Meh, his cheeks I guess. I did like him in ICY because friendship angst.

Dislikes: With everything he’s been through he should beat Arceus and take over the poke world by now. Also he a bit ...flat in this series

Dragonite
Likes: He big sweetie. I would wanna have that dragonite by my side every time I get nightmares at night.

Dislikes: Needs to show his mean side

Gengar

Dislikes: Needs more episodes, also give him a unique personality quirk and not just “generic Gengar personality”

Lucario

Dislikes: Same issues like everyone. Needs more personality(not just “insert generic Luca personality”) or some arc like Riolu had.

G. Farfetch'd
Likes: Meh, not my favorite mon, sorry I got nothing. Plus we barely saw him.

Dislikes: Same thing. NEEDS MORE SCREENTIME. And a better design. He just a bird with a stick.

Cinderace
Likes: Surprisingly I can say it’s personality. It got more onion layers than any other Pokémon so far. Now it needs an arc. I also liked how he annoys the aura out of Luca dude.

Dislikes: I miss Scorbunny.....also I would like to see more angst between it and Goh I actually liked that. Have them play/argue over football or something.

Sobble

Dislikes: NEEDS MORE SCREENTIME and 10 arcs. ALso have him replace PIkachu.

Eevee

Dislikes: Meh

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Welp I feel like it's time for another Update

Has anyone's thoughts changed on any of the Pokémon since I first made this Thread?

Mostly the same for me except 4

G. Farfetch'd - His Episode gave him some much needed depth thank Arceus!
I like that he comes off like a Samurai and he's the most serious member of Ash's Team to contrast with the goofy personalities of all the others. Can wait til Wikistrom to see how the rest of his development goes

Sobble - Well boy didn't this lil guy certainly get a Glow up last week? :p
It got some much needed development and it even obtained a new move and a Goal to work for.
I'm really looking interested in seeing whatever the writers do with him going forward since he's not in either of the next two Episodes...

Eevee - She's Funny! lol :p

Dracovish - Also Funny! Where tf did he go?!

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Ash
Pikachu
Dislikes: Go the hell away, please.

Dragonite
Dislikes: Hyper Beam? Really?

Gengar
Dislikes: It doesn't appear nearly enough.

Lucario
I liked its steady progress and evolution. Fun seeing it improve over time.
Dislikes: It's a Lucario.

Farfetch'd
He has an interesting personality, and I loved his battle with Gurdurr.
Dislikes: The species isn't interesting to me, and I find him reduntant on the team.

Dracovish
It's such a freaking oddball and I love its little song-cry.
Dislikes: Needs more screentime.

Go
Cinderace
Dislikes: I have a love/hate relationship with its voice. And I liked it better as a Scorbunny, when it caused trouble and was more of a bratty kid.

Sobble
The invisibility and crying gimmicks are cool.
Dislikes: Can't think of anything.

Darmanitan
Dislikes: Is not Goh's ace, despite being the best Pokemon on the cast.

Golurk
Dislikes: Give it something to do.

Farfetch'd
Like:
They're giving it focus.
Dislike: They're giving it focus.

Chloe
Yamper
He feels like a real dog, and he's had a lot of great scenes and episodes.
Dislikes: I ****ing hate corgis so much. They are so ****ing ugly and overrated.

Eevee
The Mimic gimmick and its "monkey see, monkey do" personality are really fun.
Dislikes: No complaints yet, but I feel like it'll get annoying if they overuse it too much.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Yamper:
It's adorable, I love his voice, he is aways ready to battle for Koharu.
dislikes: honestly none.

Eevee:
I love that she imitates the others and she is just so cute! Also, she is a great partner to Koharu and encourages her to be more adventurous.
dislikes: She won't evolve into a Leafeon ;-;

charinija

Pokemon Master
I love all of them except Farfetch. Especially Gengar reminds me of Squirtle.

He was a little naughty too. Very sweet. Moreover, I love Lucario. With that design, it could be the legendary pokemon. I don't like two of Ash's pokemon. Farfetch and Totodile.

And Eevee is a great pokemon. Very sweet.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I have now Updated the 1st Page with Grookey! (Among a few other things as well)

You can write if any of your opinions have changed on certain Pokémon too (since this is bound to happen eventually)

Icy-Snowflake

Pikachu:
Dislikes: Power inconsistency.

Dragonite:
Dislikes: Probably flying around the globe, so it's not easily available for battles.

Gengar:
Dislikes: As of now I consider it as a better prankster than a battler. Needs more participation in on-screen battles.

Lucario:
Dislikes: It's getting lesser screentime than it should be getting! I mean, it's a screenhogger, right?

G-Farfetch'd:
Likes: Great development arc. Sirfetch'd isn't that Farfetch'd now.
Dislikes: Late development arc.

Dracovish:
Dislikes: Dracowish it got more screentime already.

Cinderace:
Likes: Scorbunny -> Raboot -> Cinderace. Good character development.
Dislikes: Scorbunny -> Raboot -> Cinderace. Didn't do anything much for evolving twice.

Sobble:
Likes: It's learning, taking small steps episode by episode.
Dislikes: Why don't you stop hide-and-seek for some episodes?

Grookey:
Likes: Finally debuted. Had great interactions with everyone and was like a mischievous kid.
Dislikes: Debuted so late with not so impressive capture.

Yamper:
Dislikes: Isn't caught by Chloe. And got its jealousy episode way too soon.

Eevee:
Likes: It was a great choice for Chloe. They bonded very well.
Dislikes: Another Eevee for a Pokegirl. And she made Chloe seem weaker than before. Also stole Yamper's position.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Pikachu:
Dislikes: Power inconsistency.

Dragonite:
Dislikes: Probably flying around the globe, so it's not easily available for battles.

Gengar:
Dislikes: As of now I consider it as a better prankster than a battler. Needs more participation in on-screen battles.

Lucario:
Dislikes: It's getting lesser screentime than it should be getting! I mean, it's a screenhogger, right?

G-Farfetch'd:
Likes: Great development arc. Sirfetch'd isn't that Farfetch'd now.
Dislikes: Late development arc.

Dracovish:
Dislikes: Dracowish it got more screentime already.

Cinderace:
Likes: Scorbunny -> Raboot -> Cinderace. Good character development.
Dislikes: Scorbunny -> Raboot -> Cinderace. Didn't do anything much for evolving twice.

Sobble:
Likes: It's learning, taking small steps episode by episode.
Dislikes: Why don't you stop hide-and-seek for some episodes?

Grookey:
Likes: Finally debuted. Had great interactions with everyone and was like a mischievous kid.
Dislikes: Debuted so late with not so impressive capture.

Yamper:
Dislikes: Isn't caught by Chloe. And got its jealousy episode way too soon.

Eevee:
Likes: It was a great choice for Chloe. They bonded very well.
Dislikes: Another Eevee for a Pokegirl. And she made Chloe seem weaker than before. Also stole Yamper's position.
Congrats on making the definitive list! Totally agree with EVERYTHING stated here, pretty much my same view on the mons. Still funny how people thought Lucario is a screenhogger and blasted me for defending it when it literally hasnt screenhogged, its got appropriate focus it needed to warrant an evolution (the bare min) but the bias against it just make people scream for it having the audacity to be in any scene, so tiring

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I wonder why Cinderace has just randomly disappeared in recent Episodes?

Did they just get tired of animating it in every episode?
Every decently large mon’s fate in a nutshell.

Pikachu:
Dislikes: This little mouse has been with us for more than 23 years, there are many things that I do not like about Pikachu, but in general it is fine

Dragonite:
Dislikes: When Ash captured it, we all thought regional birds was another broken pattern, but at this point Dragonite has done even worse than previous regional birds.This problem exists mainly because the PWC is short on screen time

Gengar:
Dislikes: I don't like its design, it looks like a stuffed animal that only serves to hug, I liked the design more in previous seasons, like Agatha's Gengar. Also this pokemon has VERY LITTLE screen time.

Lucario:
Dislikes: I feel like it evolved so fast

G-Farfetch'd:
Dislikes: .

Dracovish:
Dislikes: Who is Dracovish?

Cinderace:
Dislikes: I feel like it evolved too fast

Sobble:
Likes: It is developing slowly, and I like that , When he's hidden, it's like he's practicing
Dislikes: I think he needs to have some battles

Grookey:
Likes: It's hard for me to think of something I like about Grookey
Dislikes : The way that Goh got it

Yamper:
Dislikes: ----

Eevee:
Dislikes: Actually, nothing

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly I like Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario but the former two don't do too much which is the big downside. Could care less about the other three so that would be my dislike.

Can't think of one Goh pokemon I actually like, like 90% are so irrelevant it's not even worth bringing it up lol.

nuzamaki90

I’d make a list but almost all of them barely show up so I can’t even give a good opinion on them lol! Like Lucario for example was cool as a Riolu and now it’s got this cool and collected thing going on as a Lucario but we only really saw that side of it once with Cinderace and now we haven’t seen it since. It did appear training with Dragonite and Ash did use it to protect Suicune but again that personality of it didn’t have a chance to be shown. All of Ash’s Pokémon this saga are great, they just don’t get enough time in the limelight or even a chance to interact with each other like previous sagas.

We got a great scene of Riolu and G-Farfetch’d training together in the 2nd opening which would’ve been great to see in an actual episode but we didn’t! Everyone’s quarantining in the lab, can we see them at least talk to each other :(

STICKTOPIA

Besides pikachu I like dragonite, gengar, and lucario. I don’t like the lack of action with dragonite and gengar. I know they’re fully evolved but the last time gengar actually did had a good episode was back with visquez. Look how long ago that was. Lucario has gotten a lot of screen time so I don’t really complain too much about it being MIA since suicune. I do hope they don’t make it MIA for TOO long. I couldn’t care less about galar farfetch’d because right after ash caught it, I saw the preview for the next episode with goh and sobble and that will never be forgiven. They made ash’s farfetch’d MIA for an extremely long time and then now they’re playing catch up. What can I even say about dracovish? Literally non existent till arceus knows when.

Now as for Goh’s Pokémon, I have absolutely nothing to say. That is all.

I’d make a list but almost all of them barely show up so I can’t even give a good opinion on them lol! Like Lucario for example was cool as a Riolu and now it’s got this cool and collected thing going on as a Lucario but we only really saw that side of it once with Cinderace and now we haven’t seen it since. It did appear training with Dragonite and Ash did use it to protect Suicune but again that personality of it didn’t have a chance to be shown. All of Ash’s Pokémon this saga are great, they just don’t get enough time in the limelight or even a chance to interact with each other like previous sagas.

We got a great scene of Riolu and G-Farfetch’d training together in the 2nd opening which would’ve been great to see in an actual episode but we didn’t! Everyone’s quarantining in the lab, can we see them at least talk to each other :(
it surely happened *O F F S C R E E N*

Lionel_B

Dragonite :
Like : A good personality and knows how to be strong.
Dislke : Very little fight

Gengar :
Like : A Ghost Pokémon for Ash
Dislike : I will have preferred that Ash catches Golurk, because there becomes fan service for the first generation.

Lucario :
Like : Ash finally has one !
Dislike : It happens too late. Especially for the role of Ace, if you wanted a lucario with this role for Ash, it was necessary to do it in the Diamond & Pearl series or, at the latest, in the XY series, there I don't agree.

Sirfetch'd :
Like : First Galarian Pokemon for Ash
Dislike : It's a regional form

Dracovish :
Like : Galarian fossils are the best !
Dislike : Where are you ?

Cinderace :
Like : His personality, and I'm glad he has finally evolved because I no longer support Raboot.
Dislike : It's a bit the new Greninja... In the sense that we want to impose it as "the pokémon that everyone has to love, otherwise, you are an idiot!" Fortunately, I do not feel it as much as with Greninja.

Sobble :
Like : Best Starter of Galar
Dislike : I will have preferred that it be Ash who gets it.

Grookey :
Like : It's Goh who catched it !
Dislike : Nothing for the moment

Yamper :
Like : It's Cute
Dislike : It's forgotten

Eevee :
Like : It's Eevee
Dislike : it imposes a little too much. And then it's the 3rd series of continuation where a main character catched one.