• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

likes dislikes

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
What did you like or hate about Hoenn. I liked the huge fight between Groudon and Kyogre it looked sick when raquaza came ;384;. I hated all the water in the game it was so annoing. So what did you guys like or hate about the games.

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
In Hoenn, you were really limited to pokemon that could have access to surf and waterfall. That always got annoying. But I did like the desert route, that was different.

razor fire

yeah, the desert route was something unique. the fact that you could get both fossils there was special.

Darkleaf

Hoenn is my all-time favorite region, because it had:
-Great Starters
-The best set of Pokemon
-The most varied areas (Volcano, hot springs, desert, ocean, forest, beach, underwater, abandoned ship, underwater cave, towers, caves, etc.)
-I liked the water, except for the Wingul and Tentacool, because you could explore it all, and find things like trainers and sunken ships afteryou beat the game as something to do.
-The best team (blank) plot, this was the only region where it was genuinely fun, because you weren't forced to fight everyone, and there were things you could skip, although you probably shouldn't, like the master ball.
-It had things you could almost describe as "side-quests", fun to do, rewarded, but by no means necessary. Like the abandoned ship, New Mauvile, The Winstrate family, and the Trick Master, Those are some of the funnest things to do in those games.
-The routes that served no purpose in terms of story progression, were fun to go to, and let you train and catch rare Pokemon, like route 115, north of Rustboro, or route 123, south of Mt.Pyre.
-Unlike the other games, which are somewhat boring at the start, the beginning of Hoenn is memorable in a way that makes it very fun, and sentimental in a way for me, as Ruby was my first game.

I really liked this region, And I don't really have anything bad to say about it, except they should have made Stadium 3 instead of Colosseum, 'cause Stadium 1 and 2 were great games, and Colosseum wasn't, except that you could use it to get starters from Jhoto.

Last edited:

razor fire

Darkleaf

Nope, it just got you thunderbolt, and a thunderstone along with some other items found there, I know 'cause I didn't do it until after I beat the E4.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
I liked the sandstorm because all of de cool pkmn there ;347;. I also loved the battle frontier it was cool.

-Pokemon. I loved the pokemon 2nd best after Johto. They were just amazingly awesome.
-The water. Some hate it, I love it. Don't ask.
-Battle Frontier. Nuff said.
-Secret Bases. Oh they were fun

Dislike
INTERANL CLOCK FREEZING AFTER SO LONG :B

EvilArbok

I agree i hated the water it got on my nervez.

But I liked the safari zone extension and the battle between Kyogre and Groudon. ;024;

pichu_power

But Never Again...
I liked the Desert route, as well as the fact that you cannot go in until you get the Goggles.

I really disliked how R/S/E didn't incorporate the effects of the daytime...getting dark, different Pokemon at night, etc...even when G/S/C for the GAMEBOY COLOR managed to do so...:\

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Liked:
-The general map and areas you would go to
-The moves
-The graphics
-The plot
-The bad guys-Team Aqua in the games are just awesome.

Disliked:
-Some of the Pokemon designs. They didn't look like they would be Pokemon at first and Volbeat is just so ugly.
-All the Tentacool and Wingull.

Shadow_lugia991

Fish sticks
What really bothers me is Sootopolis and all the water involved surfing is annoying! especially all the tentacool andf wingull! :(

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I liked TA/TM, not as good as TG or TR, but still good. The water is a bit much, but I liked the Gym types. The references to them being from Johto was kinda cool too.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Liked:
-The overall plot. Although Team Magma and Team Aqua are kind of lame as villains(imo), their storyline is actually quite good. I also like the fact that you are a Gym Leader's kid in the games.
-The weather features.
-Some Pokemon like Shroomish/Breloom, Salamence, the Mudkip line, etc. :)
-Battle Frontier.
-Hoenn has the most challenging Gym Leader set.
-Hoenn Contests are better than Sinnoh Contests imo.

Disliked:
-Lack of good rivals. At least to me, May/Brendan are the weakest rivals in Pokemon games ever. Wally's team is decent but I really miss a real rival.
-Tentacools in the water routes. I can get over the water routes just that I really hate Tentacool, so I have to waste my Repels. :mad:
-In Ruby and Sapphire, there is nothing much to do after the E4.
-Personally, I miss the visible day and night.
-As stated above, Team Magma and Team Aqua are kind of lame as villains. To me, they are not as threatening as Team Rocket and Team Galactic.

Overall, although I don't really like Hoenn generation as much as other generations, each generation has things that I like or dislike.

Last edited:

Void of Hearts

Dreams of Murderland
To me Hoenn seemed like a tropical vacation sort of place, I quite liked it and how they've added a desert and a volcano to go with it. The only thing I didn't like about the region was how easily I could get lost out in the open sea.

Edit: Team Aqua <3 they surely are pirates ~

Last edited:

Hotrod93

Dragon Trainer
Basing off Ruby:

Team Magma
Groudon
The music

Dislikes:
Rivals (They were just sad)
Nothing to do after E4
The Sprites (More bad than good)
Hoenn (Never really liked it :/ )

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
- Team Aqua
- Team Magma

Dislikes:
- Rivals
- Starters (except Treeko)
- The water...

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
-Team Aqua/Magma
-The Battle Frontier
Dislikes:
-The Sea got kinda annoying
-By the 7th and 8th gym the levels of the opponents pokemon were very high forcing me to train for a good hour >.>