• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

likes dislikes

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I wish there were more trainers in the earlier section of the game. Its annoying level-grinding in Dewford Cave -_-

BeatsTehShiz

I <3 Silver
The only major thing I disliked about R/S was the "rival". I refuse to call him/her such because they did not stand up to the plate. I mean, I don't want the rival to be a total ****, but I don't want them to be a total pushover, either. It's hard to fill in Gary/Silver's shoes, I guess.

-Great pokemon
-Team aqua/magma
-Interesting cities, such as sootopolis

Dislike
-Berry glitch, ugh.

Relinquish

Addicted
Everything was great but i really didn't like the secret bases. They seem useless to me.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
-Lots of options early on
-Double battle gym leaders
-Steven

Dislikes
-Lots of water
-No trainers between Roxanne and Brawly
-Weak trainers

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
My likes would be
- Many of the Pokemon were good
- The battle with Groudon and Kyogre in Sootopolis
- Battle frontier
- Teams Magma and Aqua
- Decent Storyline
- Good Music (especially during important battles)
- Double battles
- Graphic design and scenery

Dislikes
- Difficult to train (especially in the first part of the game)
- Rival
- Secret bases (Like they're important, I'm not into having one)
- the Sea which is annoying and you'll never know what may happen
- Legendaries were hard to capture (particularly Lati@s)

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
-The music composition. (More people mentioned this than I thought would. Yay! ^.^)
-The interesting Magma/Aqua rival teams story line. Perhaps the leaders weren't as... fierce, but the philosophies each team had actually made the story more interesting as opposed to Team Rocket just stealing Pokes to make a quick buck.
-The elegant feel of the 3rd gen contests, as opposed to the 4th gen's hyper-kawaii atmosphere
-The scenic routes, and the scenic cities
-The glass-blowing house and the introduction of the color flutes
-Secret Bases
-The starters, Blaziken especially
-Diving underwater. Bring that back please, Gamefreak!
-The creative way to find and unlock the Regies. Reading Unowns: pushover and boring. Decoding Braille: a bit harder (you actually had to look in a book or online!), and much more fun and creative.

Dislikes (Since I started getting into Pokemon in the 3rd gen, my dislikes are rather strange and knit-picky):
-Not being able to choose who you were in your Secret base
-Drake was flippin' hard compared to the rest of Hoenn's E4.
-Blaziken's slow speed, especially when trying to flee from wild Pokes (I never wanted to see another stupid Linoone again! Or those Golbats on Victory Road! Ugh!)

Last edited:

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
-The Pokemon (especially the Mudkip line).
-The region. Hoenn's tropical environment had a lot of places to explore.
-The contest (better than Sinnoh contest in my opinion).
-The "Trainers Eye" function of the PokeNav.
-Secret Bases.
-Team Aqua.
-A lot of water Pokemon.

Dislikes
-The rivals were pathetic.
-Not much to do after beating the Elite 4 in Ruby and Sapphire.
-The plot seemed odd in Ruby and Sapphire, because one of the evil teams seemed good depending on what version you played. Emerald fixed that though.
-No day and night.
-No Vs seeker.
-Cycle road didn't have a down slope, but I did enjoy how it timed you.
-No many fire types.

Last edited:

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
likes: the battle frontier in emerald, the starters, the story line in emerald. dislikes: the fact that there isn't much to do in ruby and sapphire after the elite 4, gym leaders tate and liza.

I really do not like all of the surfing involved in the game. It gets quite boring after the first hour.

I love the story and villains though. Especially Team Magma.

Last edited: