• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Liko and Roy

keepitsimple

site of lies
dont get the weirdos saying the designs are "generic", that's not a real point - you could say that about ash himself if he was a new character

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Liko's design is as blue-coded as Roy's is red-coded, so I'm curious on how the interplay between the two of them will go down. It's clear the two were designed with each other in mind.
It means Riko will catch every version exclusive from Pokémon Blue (same as Green in JP, which is why she has the Grass starter) and Roy will catch every exclusive from Pokémon Red.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It means Riko will catch every version exclusive from Pokémon Blue (same as Green in JP, which is why she has the Grass starter) and Roy will catch every exclusive from Pokémon Red.
This means that Roy will catch Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz while Riko will get Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I really love Riko 's design choices, all in all she's the ideal main female MC I wanted
Roy I'm neutral towards, don't really feel anything, hope he's a side companion and Riko is the main one
Absolutely happy to see a female MC succeed Ash and hopefully she's indeed a battler.
I also hope she isn't related to Ash at all!! Have her be inspired by him if anything.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It just dawned on me that Geeta chairs the Pokemon League, which has otherwise been absent all of Journeys. It's possible she created the Pokemon League design herself in the Anipoke universe.

That would be a decent explanation for Liko having that symbol as a hairpin, particularly if Paldea is kept as the focus region. Geeta has high expectations of her and so "designates" her with that pin, in a more direct way than the way Nemona is. Or Liko looks up to Geeta herself.

Sham

The Guardian of War
For the most part they both look fine. Their eyes are telling. Riko's eyes looks are similar to how they drew Dawn's in Journeys minus the greyish blue and Roy's are the same shape and color as Iris'. I didn't think they'd stick to Journeys art style since the new trend is replacing it every series but I actually like it. I'm definitely gonna be in the background and watching what the fans reception of Roy is gonna be.

Since Goh kinda kidnapped Hop's arc, I wouldn't be surprised if Roy battles the Titans with or without Arven while Riko is doing Gyms. Although I don't mind whoever ends up doing the Gym challenge since they are both battle oriented as long as one of them becomes Champion by the end of the series. Hopefully they both get equal attention and one goal isn't shafted like the others were like the PWC vs PM and Eevee stuff. Having two protagonist should make things easier not difficult.

Last edited:

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Since Goh kinda kidnapped Hop's arc, I wouldn't be surprised if Roy battles the Titans with or without Arven while Riko is doing Gyms.
Arven, Penny and Nemona might treated same as a Kalos trio from XY anime.
They might often together seen on screentimes.

Arven could probably become a Roy's rival for making a better sandwiches and fight together alongside against titans.
Nemona could become a Riko's rival for challenging gyms and compete battle in Pokemon League.
Penny might just be a trainer who wants to catch all the Eeveelutions - this was supposed to be done by Chloe in JN....

And here may be a problem - it's about Nemona, in the anime it may turn out that she is not a champion yet and only Geeta is, but if Riko and her fight to win the Pokemon league - Nemona might do it to win this title and Riko gets her first taste of defeat in the official league...

bmw9413

Sorry but i must dissapoint you, that's definitely fake.

That sound like some amorshipper wrote that fiction.

You DO know that Japan fans are big fans of Amourshipping and they're the ones who have the final decision on where it goes, right?

bmw9413

I just feel like Riko HAS to be Ash and Serena's child.....like she's from Kanto, she has the hair pin like Ash's symbol on his old hat, she has Serena's EXACT eyes, she's described as a lover for Pokemon battling and she's keeping her family surname a secret.....why? That means she's related to someone very well known from the past series but I don't think we will find out until the end of the first season.

Also this is a could way to bring in newer fans without COMPLETELY alienating the older fans who are hoping for glimpses of Ash and his previous companions.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I just feel like Riko HAS to be Ash and Serena's child.....like she's from Kanto, she has the hair pin like Ash's symbol on his old hat, she has Serena's EXACT eyes, she's described as a lover for Pokemon battling and she's keeping her family surname a secret.....why? That means she's related to someone very well known from the past series but I don't think we will find out until the end of the first season.

There’s been no info on the protags besides their names. All other stuff are fake.

ImBeVillain

No more six members

Also this is a could way to bring in newer fans without COMPLETELY alienating the older fans who are hoping for glimpses of Ash and his previous companions.
This might turn even out that May's child, because of hairstyle.
This might turn even out that Dawn's child, because of hair and eyes color.
Wrong predictions ever.

That make no sense everything for me. Stop fueling any shipping.
And i said still this is fake - that mean is NO!

SatoSereFan224888

You know I took another look at Riko and she reminded me of a fan design for a girl whose parents are Lillie and Kiawe. I am trying to find the pic on deviantart but I’m not sure if the user deactivated their account. I’m having trouble finding it. Hell I don’t even remember username.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
In the unlikely event that Riko is Ash's daughter there are two ways I would want them to go about it. The first one is never directly reveal who the mother is, but give hints to every girl Ash traveled with simply to torture the shippers and drive them mad. She'd have quirks of Serena, Dawn, May, Misty, Lillie, you name it. That would be the perfect troll the anime could do and I would sit back with my popcorn and watch the Pokemon fanbase explode.

The second is the mother is Latias. Come on, Latias kissed Ash long before Serena did. This is the end pairing. And best of all Riko would have the quirk of only saying her name as she's a Pokemon spawn. Her friends would have to learn the "Riko" language similar to "I am Groot" the possibilities of that are endless.

But realistically the odds of her being Ash's kid are low. I'm sure others have pointed this out, but if you age them up you have to age up the entire Pokemon world too. Old guys like Oak, Pryce, and Blaine could be dead at this point and we cannot have that, especially if more remakes come.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
They're the childen of Jessie and James.