• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Liko and Roy

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Why is that?
Even if the new protagonists will explore the whole world, nothing prevents Liko from dropping by the Gyms from time to time.
It puts too much focus on Paldea. I think that it’s more likely that we’ll see the PWC again.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
It puts too much focus on Paldea. I think that it’s more likely that we’ll see the PWC again.
I think most fans would want "too much" focus on Paldea since one of the biggest complaints about Journeys was that the newest region didn't get a lot of spotlight in favor of Kanto

Akashin

I think most fans would want "too much" focus on Paldea since one of the biggest complaints about Journeys was that the newest region didn't get a lot of spotlight in favor of Kanto
Agreed, but the official description of the new series referring to it as a new adventure set across the entire Pokemon world doesn't paint a positive picture of this being a departure from the Journeys-style setup.

That said, I'm not sure I'd automatically assume the PWC to be the focus again. In theory, it wouldn't be any trouble to expand the Treasure Hunt to be a globe-trotting adventure.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
We need info asap lol or those 4 months will be straight up torture
How about we just enjoy Ash’s final 11 episodes before we get ourselves worked up over the SV anime?

Agreed, but the official description of the new series referring to it as a new adventure set across the entire Pokemon world doesn't paint a positive picture of this being a departure from the Journeys-style setup.
While it’s easy to make that assumption, I’m not sure I’d jump to that conclusion right away. We really don’t have enough information to go off of right now.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. With new protagonists, I can’t see them doing a JN-style world spanning adventure. I think travel outside of Paldea (at least in the first season) would be a little more limited to help us get settled with these new characters.

If Riko is Ash and Serena’s daughter then I will love her

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
In the unlikely event that Riko is Ash's daughter there are two ways I would want them to go about it. The first one is never directly reveal who the mother is, but give hints to every girl Ash traveled with simply to torture the shippers and drive them mad. She'd have quirks of Serena, Dawn, May, Misty, Lillie, you name it. That would be the perfect troll the anime could do and I would sit back with my popcorn and watch the Pokemon fanbase explode.

The second is the mother is Latias. Come on, Latias kissed Ash long before Serena did. This is the end pairing. And best of all Riko would have the quirk of only saying her name as she's a Pokemon spawn. Her friends would have to learn the "Riko" language similar to "I am Groot" the possibilities of that are endless.

But realistically the odds of her being Ash's kid are low. I'm sure others have pointed this out, but if you age them up you have to age up the entire Pokemon world too. Old guys like Oak, Pryce, and Blaine could be dead at this point and we cannot have that, especially if more remakes come.
Lol this was hilarious but the last paragraph is absolutely based!!
Like move aside any shipping quarrels and problems with the destiny child story trope and all that, put even all that aside!!
Having the next MC be related to Ash via being his progeny also sucks because of what it'll do to the timeline!! You'll have to skip a minimum of 20 years ahead
The timeline would make ZERO sense, esp when you have to feature older characters at some point

Xuxuba

Regardless of Liko and Roy's parentage, i think a time jump would greatly benefit the series and open up so many oportunities, like having even stronger trainers than we have at the present and getting glimpses of what happened to the past characters', how they grew up to be. Growing up was something the old show never allowed itself to explore.

That said, if we do get these glimpses, i hope they do it very subtly and very rarely, as to not overshadow the new characters.

A time jump would also allow for the world to change and evolve in ways we might have no expected, keeping things fresh even when exploring regions we already knew of.

As for the older characters like Oak, i am sure them still being alive around their 80~90s wouldn't be the most unrealistic thing this anime has done lol

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Regardless of Liko and Roy's parentage, i think a time jump would greatly benefit the series and open up so many oportunities, like having even stronger trainers than we have at the present and getting glimpses of what happened to the past characters', how they grew up to be. Growing up was something the old show never allowed itself to explore.

That said, if we do get these glimpses, i hope they do it very subtly and very rarely, as to not overshadow the new characters.

A time jump would also allow for the world to change and evolve in ways we might have no expected, keeping things fresh even when exploring regions we already knew of.

As for the older characters like Oak, i am sure them still being alive around their 80~90s wouldn't be the most unrealistic thing this anime has done lol
Prof. Oak will either be in a wheelchair or be a futuristic robot. Robot Oak actually sounds kind of funny for a "what if" episode lol. I get the appeal of a timeskip, if things were different I'd be curious to see how the Pokemon world progresses in the future. Sun and Moon games did show a older Red right? It just depends on how permanent they do it.

johno1995

I'm torn on what will be better for the series: a time-jump continuation of the Ash anime series, or its own alternate universe... Either has much potential. I think it could be beneficial for some game characters to show up in the new anime with a blank slate if they go the AU route, but it'd also be cool to see some old characters pop up here and there (even Ash) to see what they've been up to after a time skip.

Xuxuba

Prof. Oak will either be in a wheelchair or be a futuristic robot. Robot Oak actually sounds kind of funny for a "what if" episode lol. I get the appeal of a timeskip, if things were different I'd be curious to see how the Pokemon world progresses in the future. Sun and Moon games did show a older Red right? It just depends on how permanent they do it.
He'd probably be one of those health obsessed old men. I can see him being all muscly on his 90s lol

At some point he gotta learn how to defend himself from Muk.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Honestly, as long as Riko isn't Ash's kid I'm fine with both of them

Rune Knight

Do you guys think that any of the two will aspire to become a Pokémon Master or will their goals be entirely unique?

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I'd prefer a unique goal, they'd just be Ash with a different coat of paint otherwise