• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie and the Secret Ingenuity Princess! (1059)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1059.jpg

Lillie and the Secret Ingenuity Princess!

Since their trip to Poni Island made them realise that their father, Mohn, is still alive, Lillie and Gladion return to the Aether Paradise and investigate their father's old office. When there, Lillie discovers her father's old Z-Ring and the Mythical Pokémon, Magearna. Lillie approaches Hala and asks if it's alright for her to use her father's Z-Ring, and so they have a battle to see if Lillie can master the Z-Moves. Will they find more information about their father's location?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Lillie hasn't caught Magearna yet, because it is not fixed. It needs a Soul Heart.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Magearna is not broken. It's missing it's Soul Heart. The Soul Heart is basely the Pokemon not the body

DatsRight

Hard to really get much of this episode without subs, but it's nice that Lillie is getting arc focus again, if at the eleventh hour. I might wait till I understand all the context before I give a full opinion.

I appreciate Lillie didn't learn the Z Move instantly and this might be a long term thing she has to work on, I hope they keep this mentality, they seem to be intending several quick boosts for the league and I think I can accept this 'crash course' so long as the companions are shown to be TRYING.

Another case Hala is consultant is also fun, and they play Lillie's theme again, which is always a joy to hear. Also I like seeing another non-Ash heavy episode which focuses largely on the companion, his one big scene was at the start to show how Meltan plays out with the rest of the group, which is kind of irrelevant to the rest of the story, but still well appreciated.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
...Wow, she actually didn't do it? I was expecting her to fail, then succeed, but I guess we're gonna settle this plot later. That animation can't go to waste, after all.

As I predicted, Magearna wasn't activated today. Wonder where this'll go.

Mohn's Pokemon was a Zoroark? That's not a Pokemon I expected him to have. I guess we can scratch that off Gladion's team (not that he'd need it with Umbreon). Also, we've seen Lillie pose like Gladion before, but now we know they get it from the father's side of the family.

nuzamaki90

I really like the backstory this episode. Mohn seems like an all around cool guy that was respected in Alola. Seeing some of the characters 10 years younger was also really nice. I’m kinda miffed we didn’t see Kukui but I’m sure we’ll see that in a future Guzma flashback.

So let’s talk about Lillie. So this whole Z-Ring situation has really turned me off with how inconsistent it is. Mohn supposedly had to do a Grand Trial against Hala to get a Z-Ring, which is the same one Lillie is inheriting. Unlike Kiawe however, she doesn’t have to do a Grand Trial against a Kahuna in order to inherit it. Or her testing Subzero Slammer was the Trial, that she failed, but still got to keep the Z-Ring.

And before anyone says “but Ash got a free Z-Ring too?”, Tapu Koko saw how Ash fought off Team Skull at the Pokémon School as well as his interest in Z-Moves, and gave him a Z-Ring.

Lillie getting Mohn’s without actually doing anything for it is just dumb. Same with Magearna which I’m now obliged to assume the Soul Heart will just roll to Lillie’s foot at some point and then boom, Getto Daze. I had held hope that Lillie would battle Hala for a Trial and now I’m very disappointed. The episode was good for flashbacks and sad family moments but everything else was in the gutter.

DatsRight

I really like the backstory this episode. Mohn seems like an all around cool guy that was respected in Alola. Seeing some of the characters 10 years younger was also really nice. I’m kinda miffed we didn’t see Kukui but I’m sure we’ll see that in a future Guzma flashback.

So let’s talk about Lillie. So this whole Z-Ring situation has really turned me off with how inconsistent it is. Mohn supposedly had to do a Grand Trial against Hala to get a Z-Ring, which is the same one Lillie is inheriting. Unlike Kiawe however, she doesn’t have to do a Grand Trial against a Kahuna in order to inherit it. Or her testing Subzero Slammer was the Trial, that she failed, but still got to keep the Z-Ring.

And before anyone says “but Ash got a free Z-Ring too?”, Tapu Koko saw how Ash fought off Team Skull at the Pokémon School as well as his interest in Z-Moves, and gave him a Z-Ring.

Lillie getting Mohn’s without actually doing anything for it is just dumb. Same with Magearna which I’m now obliged to assume the Soul Heart will just roll to Lillie’s foot at some point and then boom, Getto Daze. I had held hope that Lillie would battle Hala for a Trial and now I’m very disappointed. The episode was good for flashbacks and sad family moments but everything else was in the gutter.

Meh, I'm used to plot armour boosts in the anime. So long as Lillie has to work on mastering the Z Move and it's not another thing that just easily and randomly comes to the protagonists like suddenly working against Team Rocket or something, I can accept it (I could argue Lana's sorta did that though they bothered to show training and learning precision beforehand and she did find the Z Ring and Crystals herself).

I do kinda hope Lillie does at least SOME legit battling before the league however. How about that battle royal she was so pumped up about?

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm glad Magearna wasn't activated yet, really helps considering all the legendaries showing up. Hopefully it can stay that way for a while longer

Not a fan of Mohn owning Zoroark though.... why do characters I hate get Pokemon I love? First Braviary now this.... -_-

p96822

Evolve me please
Really I don't Lillie devises the Z Ring yet. She need to do something that make seem ready for the Z Ring.

nuzamaki90

So long as Lillie has to work on mastering the Z Move and it's not another thing that just easily and randomly comes to the protagonists

I do kinda hope Lillie does at least SOME legit battling before the league however. How about that battle royal she was so pumped up about?

That’s the thing, what was really stopping them from showing a quick bout between Hariyama and Vulpix? It didn’t even have to be a curb stomp, just a small display of moves and then bam, Z-Move. Even if the Z-Move didn’t work, it’ll all seem a lot more deserved. Lillie hasn’t shown a single interest in that Z-Crystal of her’s since she got it, and it only reappeared as bait for Pheromosa, so for her to suddenly have this passion to use it is kind of bs.

p96822

Evolve me please
That’s the thing, what was really stopping them from showing a quick bout between Hariyama and Vulpix? It didn’t even have to be a curb stomp, just a small display of moves and then bam, Z-Move. Even if the Z-Move didn’t work, it’ll all seem a lot more deserved. Lillie hasn’t shown a single interest in that Z-Crystal of her’s since she got it, and it only reappeared as bait for Pheromosa, so for her to suddenly have this passion to use it is kind of bs.

I kind of agree with that. If the writers did more with Lillie trying to earn a Z Ring I think that would have been better

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Really enjoyed this episode.

First couple of minutes was great. I always like whwn the anime shows the cast interacting with their Pokèmon.

The picture of younger Lusamine, Faba, Wicke, & Mohn was a nice addition.

Poor Lusamine had to see her husband go through that. Doesn’t help that she would go through it too

I honestly forgot this was Pokèmon when they went to Mohn’s room until Vulpix spoke.

Younger Gladion is a blessing

Hala remembering him battling Mohn. Younger Hala made me laugh. Didn’t expect Mohn to have a Zoroark. Also is the “raised hand over eye” a family thing?

The animation with Lillie’s attempt at Subzero Slammer was nice. Kind of irked she didn’t battle Hala or at least fail once then get the hang of it but at least she has a Z Ring.

Magearna’s “dead” body still managed to look creepy lol
9.5/10

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Not a fan of Mohn owning Zoroark though.... why do characters I hate get Pokemon I love? First Braviary now this.... -_-
What's worth hating about Mohn? We don't know much about him in the anime other than that he was a brilliant researcher and a good father, and in the games he was an amnesiac who enabled storage pokemon to live in the lap of luxury.

Kintaro

Banned
The pacing is weird because we have titles up to SM120, the league is probably happening soon, and they really don't have much time left to develop Lillie's teams Z-move stuff, etc. The pacing of her development is really strange considering they had a whole year of her not doing much.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Yeah, but at least this is pretty good compromise. I can see Lillie keeping the Z-ring since it belonged to her father, & now she’ll have to work towards earning it (and eventually earning Magearna too). Plus, the writers could use the Z-ring as a way to keep Lillie motivated

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Yeah, but at least this is pretty good compromise. I can see Lillie keeping the Z-ring since it belonged to her father, & now she’ll have to work towards earning it (and eventually earning Magearna too). Plus, the writers could use the Z-ring as a way to keep Lillie motivated

The Z Ring itself was handed to her, I am not denying that, but being able to actually USE IT, she is going to have to earn. As for Magearna, that thing was handed over to us in the games and if Lillie wants to use that pokemon, she is going to have to find a way to get that Soul Heart working.