• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Lillie Fan Club~

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I have Worries about the upcoming episode. Like, I can see this overly affectionate behavior from a recovering Lusamine ("I have to make up for lost time LILLIE LET ME LOVE YOU!!!") but right now it just strikes me that they're changing far too much. Unless Mohn hasn't disappeared yet. But Gladion only left because Lusamine had become abusive, which means they'll have to make up a different reason for him leaving.

I'm so hesitant.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Seems like a millennia since I last posted here. Is this place deserted?! Anyway...

I have enjoyed the last few episodes of the Aether arc and it's interesting to see Lillie act like that to her mom. Can't wait to find out how she will turn into her Z-Powered form.

Also, am I the only one who finds her cute in that night dress she wears when writing in her diary?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I just have to wonder where they're going with this.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
So since Lillie's coming back in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, I wonder what kind of role she will play this time. I really hope she returns from Kanto as an actual Trainer and become a rival or Champion of sorts.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So since Lillie's coming back in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, I wonder what kind of role she will play this time. I really hope she returns from Kanto as an actual Trainer and become a rival or Champion of sorts.
Even if she isn't Champion or rival (to the player character) material, I would definitely like to see Lillie return from Kanto as an actual Pokémon Trainer. Her story would have come full circle—she would have evolved from someone who didn't like Pokémon battling and who didn't have a lot of confidence, to a strong Trainer with confidence in herself and in her Pokémon.

If the games do take that route, then I hope the anime follows suit, and Lillie, once she overcomes her fear of touching Pokémon, becomes a strong, or at least a decent, Pokémon Trainer in her own right.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Banner material right here:

[spoil]
lillie-jpg.90833
[/spoil]

Hoping USUM is kind to Lillie!

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
there's also this image as well. It's so adorable.
jCFhIv2.png

I heard that she becomes a trainer in USUM :D

Yeah, she does. At least that's what I hope. She has her Z-Powered outfit on in the official poster.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Banner material right here:

[spoil]
lillie-jpg.90833
[/spoil]

Hoping USUM is kind to Lillie!
That is indeed banner material, and now a banner has been made from that material! :D

56XEnYY.png

I'll also drop off my "Ice Cold" Lillie banner here, for anyone who wants to use it (since I am currently not using it in my signature). I still absolutely love this deadly expression on her face. It was a rare moment of anger from an otherwise calm, composed character.

ZStmgGW.png

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That is indeed banner material, and now a banner has been made from that material! :D

56XEnYY.png

I'll also drop off my "Ice Cold" Lillie banner here, for anyone who wants to use it (since I am currently not using it in my signature). I still absolutely love this deadly expression on her face. It was a rare moment of anger from an otherwise calm, composed character.

ZStmgGW.png

I gotta say her anger face is hilarious.

I'm currently playing ultra sun and it's nice to see Lillie again.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Vanilla girl, you put on too much outline(r)

vm75mJp.jpg

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

vm75mJp.jpg

I don't know why anime does that thing where they draw a shocked or frightened character with a thick black outline. :\

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

vm75mJp.jpg
I absolutely love some of the facial expressions in the SM series, and ones such as this are no exception (even though I'm not always a big fan of the overdone outline on the eyes of a shocked or frightened character). I hope to see more of Lillie's funny facial expressions as the series goes on.

Speaking of Lillie in recent episodes...

I've really enjoyed her active role in the Aether Foundation arc so far, as well as the character development she has received. She was long overdue for some screentime, and it's nice to finally see her get treated as the deuteragonist she is supposed to be. I really liked her "transformation" in SM50—how her change of clothes and hairstyle symbolized her courageous determination to rescue her mother. It may not be the same as game Lillie's "Z-Power form" transformation, but it still worked.

As much as I would like to see her play more than a supporting role in the battle against the Mother Beast, realistically, Shiron is not strong enough to go up against an Ultra Beast. Instead, I expect Lillie's major role to be a vocal one—she tries to break Lusamine free from Nihilego's control with words, rather than with actions.

DatsRight

Speaking of Lillie in recent episodes...

I've really enjoyed her active role in the Aether Foundation arc so far, as well as the character development she has received. She was long overdue for some screentime, and it's nice to finally see her get treated as the deuteragonist she is supposed to be. I really liked her "transformation" in SM50—how her change of clothes and hairstyle symbolized her courageous determination to rescue her mother. It may not be the same as game Lillie's "Z-Power form" transformation, but it still worked.

As much as I would like to see her play more than a supporting role in the battle against the Mother Beast, realistically, Shiron is not strong enough to go up against an Ultra Beast. Instead, I expect Lillie's major role to be a vocal one—she tries to break Lusamine free from Nihilego's control with words, rather than with actions.

In fairness, Lillie seems more liable to be physically important than Mallow or Sophocles, whose Pokemon can barely battle Team Rocket without heavy assistance. Snowy at least has had SOME degree of training and Lillie is very resourceful with her.

Granted I question whether battling is really the option for success here anyway, since even Gladion and Ash's best Pokemon couldn't faze Nilhego. Their biggest hope is Nebby, and we don't know how it'll turn out. Its hard to say Lillie would look bad if she doesn't hold her own in this case, if anything it would look contrived. The Pokemon of course could still be handy utility wise, and Snowy is handy in that.

Either way though, the redeemer here is that either way, there's plenty more time left in the anime, Lillie and Snowy can take a level in badass afterwards. No need to rush or glorify her with plot armour.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I really dislike that they seemed to skip from "good parent Lusamine" straight to Mother Beast. Like, why leave out the entire thing with her becoming horribly abusive? The show hasn't shied away from that in the past, and heck it's implied that Verity even ran away because her mother was so demanding of her.

It feels like the entire storyline is Lusamine Lite rather than the absolute monster she became. Though maybe they didn't feel like giving any screen time into HER motivations, like her abandonment complex leading to her creepy collection and refusal to let her kids be anything but her perfect dolls. Plus it would require they show Mohn.

But still, it's lazy storytelling. They took such an important story--one showing the consequences of what far too many players go through in their own lives and how people can get through it (even down to Lillie and Gladion taking diverging paths with their relationship with Lusamine later on)--and they just...rewrote it from the ground up. They give us the bread but no sandwich filling.

DatsRight

The sad thing is that this adaptation is still one of the anime's better examples of an 'actions having consequences' plot. The heroes are all too often reactors outside their tournament arcs and training, and often when a character is key to something going wrong the show scapegoats a villain like Team Rocket for them to band together against so they can forget about the consequences of their shortcomings. I think this is a reason the anime doesn't feel nearly as character driven as the games (though the SM series makes some genuine attempts it's still struggling against it's usual premise and short cuts, and it's blatant attempt to make the games story G-rated).

SM 50 was a good example of it trying harder, sure Lusamine's role was downplayed, but she accepted things went wrong with Lillie because of her negligence of her and what went on in her business, while Gladion very bluntly pointed out how Ash's lack of responsibility over Nebby traumatised Lillie big time. Lillie brings out a surprising amount of proactivity and responsibility from the cast, they know her condition is delicate.

On a side note, I've noticed that the Japanese opening/credits haven't been updated to Lillie's new clothes, compared to most other key character changes throughout the series. Wonder if she'll still stick to her old ones odd times like more formal occasions.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm hoping for Lillie to capture something soon. I also think that both her and Snowy need to battle more and to gain more battling experience.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm hoping for Lillie to capture something soon. I also think that both her and Snowy need to battle more and to gain more battling experience.
I agree on both counts. I really want Lillie to catch a new Pokémon and grow her team. I'm still hoping she decides to become a full-fledged Pokémon Trainer. I also want her and Shiron to battle more, gain more experience, and grow together.