• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie is Soaring Through The Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament! (1003)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Lillie is Soaring Through The Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament! (1003)

Lillie is Soaring Through The Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament!

Ash & Co. have gone to Mount Lanakila on Ula'ula Island. When there, they learn about PokéSled Jump, a sport where trainers and Pokémon ride on sleds together to go down the mountain. Everyone decides to enter the tournament, including Team Rocket and Hala. Who will win the competition?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked the music that was used, especially with the ones from X and Y like the Friend Safari theme, Kalos Region theme and the Parfum Palace theme and especially one of Lillie's themes from Sun and Moon when she was practising for the tournament. Nice to see Snowy at least learn Aurora Veil and quite hilarious to see Bewear 'rescue' Jessie and the rest of TR, essentially disqualifying Jessie from the competition and Hala win the tournament.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Nice episode with Shiron finally learning Aurora Veil. But seriously, those final results of this tournament felt just random. How Sarah didn't even make it in the Top 3 with that performance?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nice episode, Shiron got good development and learned a new move. So this Pokesled competition was basically similar to the appeals round of the contests and showcases, with the Pokemon showing off their moves in an appealing manner. Overall, 7/10.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
...Wasn't the judge that guy from the Wishiwashi episode?

Is this yet another group of relatives that happen to look exactly alike?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Kind of bummed out that they debuted Alolan Sandshrew like this. Quite uneventful if you'd ask me..

But glad that Shiron learned Aurora Veil, which shouldn't work unless convenient hailstorms show up on Melemele or it learns Hail to go with it.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
An okay-ish episode. I wish Ash caught that Alolan Sandshrew tbh. Infact, none of his Pokémon this series have been caught the conventional way, since they all just joined him.

Nice that Vulpix finally learned a new move, though I still think Aurora Veil is kind of a pointless move since it can only be used during Hail conditions. Also, I did like that Hala actually accompanied everyone instead of randomly showing up for the race. Pretty cool that Crabrawler evolved on screen as well.

Lol sorry to say, but seeing Lillie fall off the sled was pretty hilarious to me. Anyway, she recovered and was brave enough to learn and compete in the race.

Finally, I'm also glad that Hala won the race, and that they didn't do the whole Lillie gets braver and learns and ultimately wins.

So overall, I give the episode a 5.5/10. It was a decent episode, but nothing too memorable that I'll watch it again.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Nice episode with Shiron finally learning Aurora Veil. But seriously, those final results of this tournament felt just random. How Sarah didn't even make it in the Top 3 with that performance?
I agree about the final results, it did feel random.

I feel like Kiawe should've won. I just loved his idea to use Turtonator's Flamethrower to propel the sled and then turning into like a rapid spin flame. It kind of looked like a UFO. :p

Also, I thought the one moment when Ash and Pikachu were going for their second pokesled ride and then telling Pikachu to use Thunderbolt, which resulted in Ash being shocked, was pretty funny. I mean, the expressions on Pikachu's face and the others watching, just felt like a classic Ash and Pikachu comedic moment right there.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
How Sarah didn't even make it in the Top 3 with that performance?

That's because she wasn't a participant, rather a guest doing a special ending performance.
Sarah is a pro, and the competition was for rookies.

Also, I did like that Hala actually accompanied everyone instead of randomly showing up for the race. Pretty cool that Crabrawler evolved on screen as well.
Actually its the other way around. The group actually accompanied Hala.
Hala actually came to Mount Lanakila so that Crabrawler could evolve and to take part in the PokéSled Jump competition along with Crabominable.
Ash & Co, joined Hala so that they could see Crabrawler evolve.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
An okay-ish episode. I wish Ash caught that Alolan Sandshrew tbh. Infact, none of his Pokémon this series have been caught the conventional way, since they all just joined him.

Nice that Vulpix finally learned a new move, though I still think Aurora Veil is kind of a pointless move since it can only be used during Hail conditions. Also, I did like that Hala actually accompanied everyone instead of randomly showing up for the race. Pretty cool that Crabrawler evolved on screen as well.

Lol sorry to say, but seeing Lillie fall off the sled was pretty hilarious to me. Anyway, she recovered and was brave enough to learn and compete in the race.

Finally, I'm also glad that Hala won the race, and that they didn't do the whole Lillie gets braver and learns and ultimately wins.

So overall, I give the episode a 5.5/10. It was a decent episode, but nothing too memorable that I'll watch it again.

I actually lol'd and replayed it :p thought that was probably the best scene of the episode!

Other than that, slightly boring episode. I like how they randomly put in a quick one-shot battle just to evolve Crabrawler lol. It works sure but wish it was a bit of a better scene.

Also for Snowy, as other's have pointed out, Aurora Veil is useless without snow, unless power snow works as "hail conditions" or something..

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So, it seems the initial purpose of the trip to Mount Lanakila was to watch Hala's Crabrawler evolve into Crabominable. It was nice to see Crabrawler evolve on screen, and it was nice to see Hala again, and even better that he had a good reason for being there.

It seems the writers might just completely disregard the fact that Aurora Veil can only be used during a hailstorm, since the weather was clear, with no snow or hail in sight, the first time Sara's Ninetails used Aurora Veil. Alternatively, the writers will have Shiron do what it and Ninetails did during the tournament—create snow prior to using Aurora Veil. Either way, I have a feeling the writers won't keep Shiron from using Aurora Veil in the future, even if it never learns Hail.

Anyway, Shiron finally learned a new move, and I'm quite happy with that. I ike that Shiron actively wanted to learn Aurora Veil after being inspired by Sara's Ninetails. It reminded me of how Popplio was inspired by I'a's Brionne. (I do like Pokémon being inspired by their evolved forms.) It gives me hope that Shiron will continue to develop as a Pokémon and learn new moves, and that Lillie might become a more active Pokémon Trainer.

I'm not surprised Hala won the tournament. I'm also not too surprised that girl with the Emolga won a prize, since I can see how the judges might have been impressed with that. But the Kangashkan kid? How did that kid beat Kiawe and Turtonator's rapid spin flame? I'm even a little surprised Lillie didn't win something, since the judges seemed rather impressed with her performance.

Also, the one time Team Rocket decides to enter a tournament and not cheat, Bewear swoops in to take them away, effectively disqualifying them. :p

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I enjoyed this episode. Lillie had a role model to look up to and her and Shiron practiced together to learn a new move. (Aurora Veil) It was pretty cool seeing Hala evolve his Crabrawler as well as showing the Pokémon (& people like him, Prof Kukui, and Kiawe) freeze to death in weather that doesn't suit them.

I absolutely loved seeing the practice scenes (seriously, what was Ash thinking when he told Pikachu to use Thunderbolt! :p) Team Rocket felt unnecessary and underused here I mean we didn't have to see them practice (as it wouldn't have mattered) but it was pretty amusing hearing "KIIIII" in the background as Jessie and Mimikyu started off sledding. I guess I expected more tension but instead, it was more towards Liliie's fear of heights and perfecting Aurora Veil with Shiron. I clapped as we saw Lillie and Shiron get better at Aurora Veil!!! :) I love that Lillie know her problems and weaknesses and immediately does her best to overcome them.

I also really enjoyed seeing the performances. Man, I wouldn't mind if Lillie or another companion got into PokeSled because it's pretty entertaining! My favorite performance was Ash.... of course (seriously, what was he expecting?! :p:p) I didn't understand why Hala got 1st place when I didn't enjoy it as much but hey, he's a popular guy! Poor Kiawe, I thought his performance was really good. Same with Lillie, they were great starts as amateurs. Sara's performance was stunning to see but she's a pro, I'm glad they used her as last and didn't include her in the judging. Her Ninetails and Shiron nudging was so cute in the beginning. It was fun seeing Ash and friends snow fighting a bit too.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Lawl, that PokeSled ramp thing is actually a ski jumping hill.

This is one of the last things that I'd expect to see in the Pokemon world, even though the use is pretty different. But it's a fairly popular sport in Japan, so I guess it's not all THAT strange.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ash should have used Rowlet instead of Pikachu, using Leafage in a creative way would have been interesting. Lillie did well in this episode and I like how Kiawe helped her get her nerve back by flying her on Charizard.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Ash should have used Rowlet instead of Pikachu, using Leafage in a creative way would have been interesting. Lillie did well in this episode and I like how Kiawe helped her get her nerve back by flying her on Charizard.

Except the beginning of the episode showed Rowlet unable to handle the cold weather, so I don't think it would have done as well as Ash's partner. And let's not forget the fact it's usually asleep during the day. It's not exactly the most reliable partner for a tournament like this.

p96822

Evolve me please
If I was Deadpool I would said this, "It so Boring!" It like the episode had bare any structure until four minutes in. I really didn't care for Lillie or Shino because they were kinda bland and boring.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
If I was Deadpool I would said this, "It so Boring!" It like the episode had bare any structure until four minutes in. I really didn't care for Lillie or Shino because they were kinda bland and boring.
This is the second time I saw you call Shiron "Shino". It's not Shino, it's Shiron/Snowy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was great seeing Lanakila Mountain in the anime, because the snow setting was refreshing after so many tropical locales. Shiron learning Aurora Veil was neat, as was seeing Hala's Makenkani evolve into Kekenkani. I wish Lilie had won the sled competition, but Hala winning was respectable.