• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie is Soaring Through The Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament! (1003)

xEryChan

Demon Child
I have to say, I really enjoyed this episode. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. There were several parts where I found myself cracking up while watching.

Seeing Hala’s Crabawler evolve into Crabominble was definitely a surprise. I’m kind of glad they kept its evolution the same as it is in the games.

Ash and Pikachu’s jump really had me laughing. It was an interesting idea to use the Z move but it completely backfired on them and sent them blasting off. I actually laughed when that happened, that was pretty funny to watch.

I loved the development that Shiron got this episode and the fact that it really wanted to participate in the sledding tournament. I also really loved the fact that it got to learn a new move in Aurora Veil. I really love Lillie and Shiron, besides Mallow, they are my faves from the SM anime.

The ending also made me laugh as well. Everyone’s faces when they saw the prize of the competition had me laughing. Like seriously, they couldn’t get better reward for the winner? Come on now.

Now lets move on to the real highlight of this episode and that of course is Bewear. Is this bear invincible or what? That scene when he just appeared behind James and Meowth, grabbed them and started running down the hill to grab Jessie was amazing. I swear I love that bear so much and he is, without a doubt, the best Pokemon behind Ash’s Rowlet. I am looking forward to the showdown of the century even more now xD #HYPE

So, all in all, I really enjoyed this episode. It was a little slow in the beginning but it really picked up when the competition started and of course Bewear stole the show from Lillie. I give this episode an 8 out of 10.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
This episode was really good, I actually really enjoyed it.

Both Lillie and Shiron got so much development this episode and I loved it. I loved the whole storyline of Lillie bekng afraid after fallong the first time and it was Shiron who snapped her out of it and got her to not give up. It was interesting to see that Shiron already knows Hail and ended learning Aurora Veil. That move was honestly so pretty, I loved the animation for it.

I have watched this episode twice and the first time I watched it, I never noticed that the judge was the same fisherman from the Wishiwashi episode. Interesting.

Can we just talk about Rica Matsumoto’s voice acting in this episode? I swear, I think she has been enjoying voicing Ash so much in SM. That scene when Ash and Pikachu try to use their Z Move in the competiton but it backfires on them and sends them blasting off, that was hilarious. I laighed like crazy but honestly, the highlight of that scene was when Rica’s voice in that scene. Instead of screaming, Ash seemed to be all excited, it was like he was having fun at blasting off. My gosh that was so funny.

Don’t get why Hala won the competition, his performance really was not all that great. Out of everyone, I think Kiawe had the best performance and I think he should have won. I’m kind of glad Sara’s performance was not actually counted and instead was more like a treat to the actual competitors while the judges tallied the scores. It makes sense since she’s a pro.

It makes me laugh that Team Rocket were in the competition just to participate. They had no interest on trying to steal Ash’s Pikachu and Jessie was doing actually really well, only for Bewear to show up and disqualify her. Poor Team Rocket, they just can’t do anything to Bewear :p

dman_dustin

Can't say I really enjoyed the episode.

This really did seem like a completely random episode that they just decided to sew together.

I mean first off they did a horrible job explaining Pokesled (unless I missed something) the point was to jump and use a Pokemon move? To what end? To be like a weird lesser cousin of contests or the worse version; Pokemon Showcase?

And then Hala winning, was so completely random, there was literally no reasoning that I saw behind it other than: Hala was "somehow" more competent than the other characters.

The only amusing thing was the fishing guy (judging) and his age gag, the thing he did or someone like he did in the Wishiwashi.

Honestly I feel like Snowy should've learned Aurora veil a different way. And I really fail to see why Snowy needed Hail and Aurora Veil on its moveset, except if Lillie is supposed to be a supporting trainer, supporting stronger trainers, which is weird.

The episode wasn't terrible, but it really didn't make sense, them shoving Ninetales in it was random, just to conveniently give Snowy new moves, and the whole Pokesled aspect was strange, and I feel is Hala was going to win, then maybe not have it be just because his Crabrawler evolved and because his secondary reasoning to being in the episode was because he wanted to participate. Maybe Lilie shouldn't have won, but the episode tried (and ultimately failed) to make the episode about her.

There was too much content, and it was too jumbled up (that I feel they clearly had no idea what to write about) for me to really enjoy this episode.

Rajas

Quick question, did Lillie's Vulpix use Hail? If so when the fk did it learn that?

p96822

Evolve me please
Another thing about this episode is more of that it could use more time setting up the reason why the on Mount Lanakala then them just being there with no set up or explanation. Is this a school trip or Hala invited them to see his Pokemon evolve? They could have made the excuse of that this is trip to learn about Pokemon evolving in different locations. You can cut of the fluf with the Pokemon in the Snow and given use the explation why they are on the mountain,Crabrawler battling Sneasel then evolving and then have the whole thing with Lillie and Snowball. This would have made the episode flow so much better. Also think Lillie should have failed maybe two or three more times before she though of using Charizard

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Another thing about this episode is more of that it could use more time setting up the reason why the on Mount Lanakala then them just being there with no set up or explanation. Is this a school trip or Hala invited them to see his Pokemon evolve? They could have made the excuse of that this is trip to learn about Pokemon evolving in different locations. You can cut of the fluf with the Pokemon in the Snow and given use the explation why they are on the mountain,Crabrawler battling Sneasel then evolving and then have the whole thing with Lillie and Snowball. This would have made the episode flow so much better. Also think Lillie should have failed maybe two or three more times before she though of using Charizard
There was an explanation as to why the class was on Mount Lanakila. They accompanied Hala there to watch his Crabrawler evolve into Crabominable. True, the writers probably could have added a scene where Professor Kukui or Hala explains to the students that some Pokémon can only evolve into certain locations (for the sake of audience members who may not be familiar with that), but it's not like there was no setup at all.

p96822

Evolve me please
There was an explanation as to why the class was on Mount Lanakila. They accompanied Hala there to watch his Crabrawler evolve into Crabominable. True, the writers probably could have added a scene where Professor Kukui or Hala explains to the students that some Pokémon can only evolve into certain locations (for the sake of audience members who may not be familiar with that), but it's not like there was no setup at all.

Really I think they could have not put them on Mount lankala so soon and could have paced the episode better

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Really I think they could have not put them on Mount lankala so soon and could have paced the episode better

What's wrong with Lanakila debuting this early?

Outside of the League, literally the only thing of note in that location in the games is Victory Road, which never appear in the anime at all.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
What's wrong with Lanakila debuting this early?

Outside of the League, literally the only thing of note in that location in the games is Victory Road, which never appear in the anime at all.

I'm not saying that. I mean them not having a set up for this episode

Rohanator

Strange that nobody has pointed out that Shiron DOES know Hail, to all the people wondering how it'll use Aurora Veil in the future. Sara told Lillie it needs to be hailing for Aurora Veil to work and asked if Shiron knows Hail and Lillie just said yeah. So, that's that lol.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Decent episode,had some boring moments.It's nothing special. No funny faces( thank God) and forced comedy. Bewear was random. This was better than baseball episode by far.Watchable once.Wish we had battling tournament for once instead of pancake, baseball, sledding tournaments. What's next basketball tournament?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Victorian Rush said:
Don’t get why Hala won the competition, his performance really was not all that great. Out of everyone, I think Kiawe had the best performance and I think he should have won.

Hala had experience in his favor I suppose, whereas Kaki didn't. I would've rather seen Lilie win even as a fluke at the end to show her bravery paying off, but I guess that would've been too good of an ending.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
I know Kiawe trains Fire-types, but that doesn't make him cold-proof. Glad the show had a joke about what a bad idea it is for him, Kukui, and later Hala to be shirtless on a snowy mountain. Yet apparently Kukui is cold-proof.

It's hilarious in a meta way to hear Ash ask "who's Sarah?".

The competition could've been more enjoyable if we got to see more of the contestants' jumps instead of skipping most of them to get to Lillie's jump. At least Snowy got a new move out of it, so this episode did have significance.

Music's nice. The only standout was the theme Sarah's Ninetales got.

Better than last week's episode for sure.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
All four islands have finally been visited after this episode.

I liked that Lana referenced Old Gateau.

Oddly, for the second straight week, the words NEW EPISODE didn't appear below the Disney XD logo until after the WTP.. From now on, I'm going to assume that's the new trend and not comment on it unless it does not happen.

When was the last time Lillie rode Charizard?

Using Dazzling Gleam on Aurora Veil was an awesome way to combine both Ninetales's Fairy and Ice types.

Why are they stunned the guy who actually came to the island specifically for this competition won rather than all these first-timers who just heard about the sport yesterday?
Lawl, that PokeSled ramp thing is actually a ski jumping hill.

This is one of the last things that I'd expect to see in the Pokemon world, even though the use is pretty different. But it's a fairly popular sport in Japan, so I guess it's not all THAT strange.

Not unexpected at all when it was the last episode to air before the Olympics. It was likely done on purpose, in fact, the exact opposite of what you thought.

Quick question, did Lillie's Vulpix use Hail? If so when the fk did it learn that?

Strange that nobody has pointed out that Shiron DOES know Hail, to all the people wondering how it'll use Aurora Veil in the future. Sara told Lillie it needs to be hailing for Aurora Veil to work and asked if Shiron knows Hail and Lillie just said yeah. So, that's that lol.

It was interesting to see that Shiron already knows Hail

Yes, and very upsetting to me, frankly. When was the last time a main cast member's main Pokémon learned a move offscreen. What a joke the SM anime has turned into compared to any recent generation in terms of such important things as learning a new move. They could have created a great episode or even arc out of Lillie and Snowy working together to learn their first new move together and instead just had it mentioned as a casual aside.

I have watched this episode twice and the first time I watched it, I never noticed that the judge was the same fisherman from the Wishiwashi episode. Interesting.

I only watched it once, and didn't realize it then, but his joke (adding 10 years each time) seemed familiar...

and it was after reading this quote that I realized it!:

...Wasn't the judge that guy from the Wishiwashi episode?

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Yes, and very upsetting to me, frankly. When was the last time a main cast member's main Pokémon learned a move offscreen. What a joke the SM anime has turned into compared to any recent generation in terms of such important things as learning a new move. They could have created a great episode or even arc out of Lillie and Snowy working together to learn their first new move together and instead just had it mentioned as a casual aside.

I agree completely. I just don’t understand why we couldn’t have seen Snowy learn hail. I can’t remember the last time where a main characters Pokemon learned a new move off screen, it has happened but I can’t remember when. As much as I love the SM anime, I just can’t understand why they did that.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not really sure either why Vulpix learned Hail off-screen. Maybe they couldn't think of a good premise for it to learn in an episode. But I don't really mind it either. I still love this episode. It really shows Lillie's character well. Scared of these physical challenges but also determined to bond with her pokémon and to overcome her fears. I don't think she needed to win, she already had a lot of growth this episode, she showed a great jump, and her Vulpix learned a new move.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode, though nothing outstanding about it, other than Snowy learning new moves and Hala gaining a new Pokémon via evolution. But it was awesome to see Snowy and Alolan Ninetales shine here. The sled competition was fine, but that fisherman guy was just as hilarious as he was back in SM33, joking about how long ago he used similar techniques. Oh no you didn't, you're just continuing that every 10 years gag.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
DirecTV's Summary: A trip to Mount Lanakila gives the heroes the opportunity to learn and grow in ways they hadn't imagined.

Keep up the cheesy summaries, DirecTV.

And the anime continues to weaponize Pokemon moves to act as if they had million uses. Like serious, are auroras supposed to be solid to act as makeshift platforms? Can Double Team affect more than the user?

I liked how Ash and Pikachu crash landed after the Thunderbolt but no one bothered to go look for them. All you could tell was they were in the background where that smoke trail was. Ha ha.

Epic fall right there, Lillie. Unlike how everyone else had worse falls. Drama drama.

"My mother wanted me to be a pianist but then I wanted to try sledge competitions." So what did your mom say afterwards? Nothing? Is she here to see you compete? No? Huh, oh well. She must think she has no daughter.

So...who was that random Sneasel and what happened to it? It just straight out disappeared once it got defeated. It's like Hala just picked a fight out of the blue to evolve his crab.

That competition was so extremely rigged because of the nutcase judge, who I believe is cousins with that weirdo from the Wishiwashi episode.

Honestly? I would have liked to see the NPCs rather than the "heroes." Especially that Snorlax team.

"We'll go back to Melemele quicker than a Quick Attack!" So Extreme Speed, then.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Good episode, though nothing outstanding about it, other than Snowy learning new moves and Hala gaining a new Pokémon via evolution.
In my opinion, a main character's main Pokémon learning two moves and a Kahuna's Pokémon evolving are all outstanding/noteworthy.