• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie & Silvally: Memories Reborn! (992)

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I think TR's rejection to Faba was actually because he wanted to suppress Lillie's memories so that his past failures and mistakes doesn't come to light.

Which makes sense imo since James was referring to birthdays as well.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Even though I called what caused Lillie to be afraid of touching pokémon & how to overcome it, this was still a great episode. It was nice to see a part of Lillie’s life that was only touched upon in the games & I actually like the way they’re handling Lusamine. Granted, she had a bigger role in the games, but it’s nice seeing this side of her & it will make it all the more heart-wrenching if she does become evil.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
With each episode passing I am growing fond of gladion and lillie more and more. The character development lillie had in this episode was great. I liked the way she overcame her fear of touching the pokemon as it was related to her past. Silvally was a beat here and gladion is also playing a role of protagonist here along with being a rival to ash which is good.
I rate this episode 10/10. Probably the best episode of this series.

Supersonicbro

I feel like it could be a situation where nihilego appeared, Lillie came into the room by mistake, almost got kidnapped by it, type: null saved her (she probably only saw it charging towards her from her point of view, and that thing is huge), and lusamine probably told faba to cover it up by using his hypno to erase that part of her memory, or it was nihilego that erased her memory of the incident.

Cool I was pretty much right! This episode was great, I couldn't help but tear up at the point when lillie started remembering.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Suprised nobody has mentioned the fact that the anime went out of its way to crop out Lusamine's husband (Mohn) from their wedding pic. And knowing how his disappearance played a huge role on her character in the games and his lack of presence in the anime me thinks she's not as benign as she's been portrayed so far.
[IMG139]https://78.media.tumblr.com/bdfc141021b06f8de0769017ad6528b2/tumblr_inline_oz5bplSH0u1re81za_540.jpg[/IMG139]

Rajas

Suprised nobody has mentioned the fact that the anime went out of its way to crop out Lusamine's husband (Mohn) from their wedding pic. And knowing how his disappearance played a huge role on her character in the games and his lack of presence in the anime me thinks she's not as benign as she's been portrayed so far.
[IMG139]https://78.media.tumblr.com/bdfc141021b06f8de0769017ad6528b2/tumblr_inline_oz5bplSH0u1re81za_540.jpg[/IMG139]

Think I saw the whole picture on twitter but Mohn's part is blocked by the glare from the lighting. I honestly didn't notice it on first watch though.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Not only this but in all of Lillies' memories (last episode) it was just Lusamine spending time with her kids....alone. I think as well the anime has already implied Mohn is gone and you know what that means...

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Hypno's japanese voice is just creepy.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Not only this but in all of Lillies' memories (last episode) it was just Lusamine spending time with her kids....alone. I think as well the anime has already implied Mohn is gone and you know what that means...

She is trying to hide something!

diakyu

Yeah, the anime can still pull nuts crazy Luisamine at this point. Especially if they are going to do an Ultra arc.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Wow! What an episode! A fantastic setup of what is the true climax action of the Aether arc! Faba is surely one of the darkest and evil villians in the anime already. Lillie's true backstory came to the fore here and her backstory came a full circle in this episode. She has been fully restored to normalcy now. Silvally is a badass!

Where are the ones who were saying that Lusamine still might be evil? :D:D

Overall, 9.5/10.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Lillie’s character development is now at end. I guess we won’t see her anymore development from her or any of the other characters for a while.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Lycanroc/Litten rivalry is also becoming a thing. I wonder what will eventually come out of it.

Red Tiger 12

Wandering Trainer
That beginning of Lillie being unable to touch Snowy was a bit sad since she's the Pokemon she raised ever since she was an egg and now she just can't touch her because her phobia returned.

I was not expecting that straight after the intro, we would see Gladion chewing out Ash for (unintentionally) letting Nebby teleport Lillie to where he and Null were last episode which caused her fear to come back. Seeing the look on both of their faces during this; Gladion's understandable rage and Ash's downcasted look really nailed how serious that scene was. Ash did promise to not tell Lillie where he was and to look after her in Gladion's stead and he failed in both of those in a single episode straight after he made that promise to Gladion. I feel sorry for both of them during that. I feel sorry for Gladion to have to see his little sister face an obstacle she was already on her way to overcoming and I feel sorry for Ash for having been unable to do anything from preventing that accident.

Faba waiting for Gladion in that motel was quite creepy, but well-planned for most of the part. I wasn't expecting for both of Gladion's Pokemon to go down that easy. Although after his defeat, I was expecting Faba to take Gladion and hide him somewhere to make sure he doesn't say anything to others, especially Lusamine, which he eventually later in the episode after he woke up. Bad move on Faba for not doing that. The class cheering for Lillie to cheer up was real nice. Also, Mallow saying the phrase "GanbaLillie"... I see you writers... I see you...

It was also nice of Kukui and Burnet (them together again, whoop!) trying their best to help cheer her up. I do have to agree though, adding a comedic scene to what could have been an emotional moment between Lillie and Shiron was unnecessary. But it happened so, I'll let it slide now. That bit where Ash ran when school was over to look for Lillie caught my interest. I'm still gonna need subs to clarify what they said but I think Ash volunteered to walk with Lillie home, likely to help cheer her up too and to make amends for the mistake he (unintentionally) caused. During Ash and Lillie's walk together, I think I could roughly translate that Lillie told Ash that she found out about Ash having talked with her brother in secret already, which probably explains Ash's reaction when Lillie mentioned Gladion and the fact that Ash said the words "ore to Glazio", which we all means "Me and Gladion" if we're gonna be literal. But then again this is just my own take on what I could roughly translate from them, so if anybody's gonna take what I just said, please don't take it seriously since I could may as well be wrong.

It was really touching to see Lillie remember the fond memories she had with her brother and mother during the scenes where Nebby had her and Ash teleport through the places she's been to in the past. Also, I think the reason TR left Faba and quit was because he was ordering them to capture Lillie to she can erase her memories of the past and considering how Jessie, James and Meowth, while having trouble past themselves, don't ever want to forget what made them who they are now, and were against the plan and were reasonably enraged by it, hence why they quit. Gladion going to Lusamine and telling her about what Faba's been up to and later while they were scavenging through his office to find Type: Null was cool. Especially the moment where Gladion tells his mom upfront that her being neglectful of them and choosing her work over them is the reason the Lillie had to go through the kind of stuff she went through regarding her fear of Pokemon. Hearing Lusamine's sincere apology over that made me sympathize her, more than her game counterpart at that.

As for the confrontation between Ash and Lillie against Faba, I have to give props to Faba on his plan. Subduing not only Pikachu, Nebby and Shiron, but also Ash. Not only that, he made sure Ash wasn't spared any punishment too, seeing how he also sent him flying with the others and even holding him down. Hearing Lillie's concern for Ash and the Pokemon, as well as Ash's own frustration for being held down when a friend of his needs his help nailed the situation for me. Seeing Silvally finally break free from the mask was awesome and that roar though...

So it turns out that Faba really was trying to open an Ultra Wormhole beneath the Aether Foundation to summon the Ultra Beasts, but for what reason though (TRR perhaps? Necrozma? URS? All three?). So Lillie got lost in that area when she was little and a Nihilego tried to abduct her as was depicted 2 episodes ago. I'm glad that Lillie finally realizes that Silvally wasn't trying to attack her, but rather save her from the one that was trying to actually attack her. And she finally got over her fear and thanked Silvally and apologized for blaming it to be the cause. Amazing! All in all this episodes was just really amazing! One of my greater episodes in Sun and Moon thus far. Though I still need to wait for the subs to come out to actually judge it for real later.

Also, just a couple of questions: Does Gladion live in that motel that he visited and what move did Silvally use to knock both Hypno and Alakazam?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Also, just a couple of questions: Does Gladion live in that motel that he visited and what move did Silvally use to knock both Hypno and Alakazam?

Silvally used Multi Attack, with the Dark Type disc.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So Lillie's fear was caused by a big misunderstanding. Silvally was trying to save her but she witnessed it looking all feral as it went to strike Nihilego, who was holding Lillie at the time.

Eh, kind of weak, given how quickly she got over her phobia suddenly coming back and then suddenly going away for good. There was so much potential to be done if both phases had been extended, but alas, the writers are in Rush Mode this arc.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Silvally used Multi Attack, with the Dark Type disc.

Interestingly from where did Gladion get that Dark type disk? Maybe Lusamine gave her.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Wow! What an episode! A fantastic setup of what is the true climax action of the Aether arc! Faba is surely one of the darkest and evil villians in the anime already. Lillie's true backstory came to the fore here and her backstory came a full circle in this episode. She has been fully restored to normalcy now. Silvally is a badass!

Where are the ones who were saying that Lusamine still might be evil? :D:D

Overall, 9.5/10.
Right here lol. Remember when people were claiming Faba was the main villain in USUM, yeah it's confirmed Lusamine is still insane in these games as well. So it's pretty certain she's going to be crazy in the anime if not already