• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie & Silvally: Memories Reborn! (992)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Right here lol. Remember when people were claiming Faba was the main villain in USUM, yeah it's confirmed Lusamine is still insane in these games as well. So it's pretty certain she's going to be crazy in the anime if not already

A crazily nice and overprotective mother, yeah.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Eh still think it's a facade. She was obnoxious in the games and she's obnoxious in the anime; just in different ways. I don't have any doubts she will be crazy in SM considering she is in both games

No, lol. She is even fighting Faba herself in the next episode. It's pretty evident at this point that she is just an overprotective and caring mother.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
As of this point, the only way I can see Lusamine turning insane is if Nihilego infects her while she's in Ultra Space, and that too, that would be an accident. We've reached too far into the plot to see Lusamine suddenly say "welp, I was evil the whole time". The Lillie abduction is over, she got over her fear, Cosmog is evolving into Solgaleo in the next couple of episodes, and the Wormhole has been opened already.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Can we keep USUM spoilers out of this episode discussion please? Not everyone wants the games to be spoiled.

Anyway, I don't think the scene between Snowy and Lillie in the classroom was supposed to be funny. It didn't feel like a gag to me at all, more an indication of where Lillie really stood with regards to touching pokémon. She really wanted to but was simply unable to.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This was an emotional episode for Lillie. She really empowered herself here and I'm so happy for her that she can finally touch Pokemon again!!! It was very sweet that Sivally saved her just like it previous did when she was little. I loved seeing the many different places they went to (the beach, the same resturant that Ash and his mother went to in the first episode, her and her brother's childhood room, her mom's room, and a garden where they used to pull out vegetables.) Ash didn't really steal the spotlight from her, nor did he become her knight in shining armor this time but it was actually her brother/Sivally!! I loved that Gladion's theme played. It felt like this is the first time hearing it in the anime.

Also, gotta save the best moment for last! :) USEFUL MALLOW MOMENT

Where are the ones who were saying that Lusamine still might be evil? :D:D
I'm right here my man.

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
One of the best episodes to date. I really enjoyed Lillie's character development these past few weeks and this one is the best episode for it so far. I liked Faba here as a villain, he's really making a good villain role so far and I loved that Lusamine isn't evil. The anime simply depicts her as a CEO that has a very busy life and that she has almost no time to bond with her children. But I feel like at some point, she'd turn evil against her will (Something like the Ultra Beasts possessing her or anything along that way). Silvally saving Lillie was a very nice touch, glad to see that Lillie was enlightened of what happened that particular day and she's now able to touch Pokemon again and not just Shiron. Perhaps my favorite moment of this episode is the part where Ash and Lillie were being teleported by Nebby into places that are reminiscent to Lillie's childhood moments with her family. I thought that part was pretty touching.

Ash didn't really steal the spotlight from her, nor did he become her knight in shining armor this time but it was actually her brother/Sivally!! I loved that Gladion's theme played. It felt like this is the first time hearing it in the anime.

At least Ash took Lillie out on a not-so-much-of-a-date in this episode, lolz XD

Overall a solid 10/10 episode for me.

Last edited:

Red Tiger 12

Wandering Trainer

DatsRight

Random scene of Litten and Lycanroc at it again, more developed training battle this time though. Nice we get some display from the two at least. Makes up for Litten's minimal battle screen time.

No one pointed out how completely unsurprised Gladion was that Faba managed to break into his hotel room?

Looks like Team Rocket seem to have standards about memories and the past, nice we keep track to some of their sympathetic depths. Wait they quit AF so soon? But so much potential.

Hard to tell Gladion and Lusamine's conversion without subs, but it looks like they're making Lusamine an honestly sympathetic character, I can still place bets on her taking the same role as the games, just this is substance to prove the abusive villainous Lusamine is not the real one but the effect of her experiences in the worm hole.

Silvally creamed Faba like nothing, considering his team dismantled Ash and Gladion's standard lot handily. Bit anticlimactic, but given the ending seemed a bit hastily done, I guess they ran out of screen time.

While I like Lillie can touch Pokemon again, it seems a bit abrupt. Like while it was a misunderstanding, it seems odd that realising that completely undone the trauma and reflexive phobia, and kind of makes the past few episodes seem wasteful. But oh well, hopefully we can focus on other elements of Lillie now it's gone. She has heaps of potential and I hope that isn't the end of her limelight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I do kind of understand though that this was suppose to be a big moment between Silvally and Lillie so Ash being the one to be the hero is kind of out of question at the moment but I wish they let Ash in for a little action. He was mostly pinned down by Alakazam in that heated moment, lolz.

As of now, I really feel that Ash, Lillie and Gladion are the most important characters of this season and I'd like to see more plot involving all three of them and I feel like Ash has been more relevant here more than ever.

DatsRight

Ash is fallible in this series, and he knows it, especially concerning his friends, and that is making him very sympathetic. We've seen this a lot with his team in previous series, but not as much his human companions. I wish we'd seen this emotional commitment from him to Serena last series, instead of just passive supportiveness like all the others. It would have made Armour more believable.

Ash being worfed worked in this episode, so long as he gets his moments as things go along. After all there's many other characters that need their limelight, Ash has actually had the lion's share so far (Lillie will likely need to take a level in badass too of course, she's still in damsel mode so far and I hold hope they're not rushing through the AF arc).

Actually Lillie and Gladion being the stars of the AF arc and Ash being the star of the potential Rainbow Rocket arc would be a good setup, since both would likely have more personal connections in each. I'm holding hope his earlier defeat against the TRio was a foreshadowing instead of a one-off fluke and their long running rivalry might reignite properly again.

(On a side note, I thought Ash and Rotom's pump when Lillie was cured was adorable. Not just a smile or generic 'That's great' quip, they were pumped Lillie had done it at last).

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
This episode certainly opened up on a tense note! First, we have Lillie weeping over her reawakened inability to touch Pokémon, including Shiron. That scene definitely tugged at my heartstrings. Then, we have Gladion chewing out Ash for unintentionally allowing Nebby to teleport Lillie to where he and Silvally were training, thus reawakening her phobia. While I understood Gladion's anger, I felt more for Ash, to be honest. You could tell he felt really awful about what happened, but it really wasn't his fault.

If I understood correctly, Lusamine was actually not aware of that incident with Nihilego. (Why neither Lillie nor Gladion ever told her is beyond me.) She was aware of Faba's "Beast Killer" project, but she didn't know or remember all of the details, and she was unaware Faba had managed to open an Ultra Wormhole and summon an Ultra Beast. I like that Gladion chewed her out for her lack of attentiveness toward her own children.

I enjoyed the trip through Lillie's memories. Not only was it touching, but it was also a much-needed calm among the tension. (I thought it was a nice touch that one of the places Lillie remembered visiting with Gladion and Lusamine was the same restaurant at which Ash and Delia dined in the first episode.)

Of course, the best part of this episode was the confrontation with Faba in the Aether Paradise basement. While I was hoping Ash would play a larger role before he was pinned to the floor, I'm not disappointed with Gladion taking on the role of Lillie's knight in edgy black armor. This episode was more about Gladion and Lillie, after all; Ash was more or less a satellite character. But it was Silvally who stole the show, breaking its confinement mask to rescue Lillie. It's great that the anime is going to utilize Memories. (Where did Gladion get that memory? From Faba's office?)

The ending was adorable—Lillie hugging Silvally; her realizing she had touched a Pokémon (I love how everyone looked shocked except for Ash, who fist-pumped); and Shiron leaping into her arms and Pikachu cuddling her leg.

I like that Gladion is living in a motel room, as he was in the games. I'd started to think he was traveling around Alola, taking shelter in caves. But how did Faba know where to find him? And what kind of motel manager lets unverified people into guests' rooms? You moron, anyone could claim to be Gladion's family member just to gain access to his room! Anyway, based on the preview, I thought Faba was going to try to kidnap Gladion and/or tamper with his memories, but instead, he just wanted to take back Type: Null.

No, lol. She is even fighting Faba herself in the next episode. It's pretty evident at this point that she is just an overprotective and caring mother.
Just because Lusamine is battling Faba herself in the next episode doesn't mean she still won't end up going insane like she did in the games. It's not as though game Lusamine was always insane; she became insane due to the effects of Nihilego's toxins.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Anime Lillie continues to be a precious treasure that (for me) outshines her game counterpart (maybe USUM will fix that, though I doubt it). That ending bit when she hugged Silvally was just a total squee-worthy moment for me. Yes, the pacing in this arc is definitely off-the-walls rushed. But I'm still having fun with it. Also, props to Gladion for (seemingly, need to wait for subs) doing a better job calling his mom out than his half-baked attempt in the actual games. And it was nice to see the RKS System working exactly how I imagined it based on that concept art from way back when.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Just because Lusamine is battling Faba herself in the next episode doesn't mean she still won't end up going insane like she did in the games. It's not as though game Lusamine was always insane; she became insane due to the effects of Nihilego's toxins.

Majority aren't ruling out Lusamine slowly turning mad inside Ultra Space. However, what some people are saying right now is that she's putting up an act right now, to which I disagree, since it's clear as of this point, she's completely sane and loves them like any normal mother. It'll be interesting to see what happens to her inside Ultra Space. Also:
She doesn't transform into Mother Beast in USUM,
and recovers much quicker. Infact, I don't think she's even the main antagonist.

Rajas

Anime Lillie continues to be a precious treasure that (for me) outshines her game counterpart (maybe USUM will fix that, though I doubt it). That ending bit when she hugged Silvally was just a total squee-worthy moment for me. Yes, the pacing in this arc is definitely off-the-walls rushed. But I'm still having fun with it. Also, props to Gladion for (seemingly, need to wait for subs) doing a better job calling his mom out than his half-baked attempt in the actual games. And it was nice to see the RKS System working exactly how I imagined it based on that concept art from way back when.

To be fair, it's much easier to call out Lusamine in the anime because she's actually good albeit ditsy due to being caught up in her work. She still loves her children a lot though.

Xuxuba

Lillie was a bit of a damsel in distress here... Hope they change that in the next episodes.

diakyu

Lusamine was changed in USUM-

Lusamine is genuinely nuts in USUM and not under the influence of toxins. She's pushed to the limit because she wants to stop Necrozma and save the Pokemon of Alola. Her want to stop Necrozma and the loss of her husband are what they blame Lusamine's actions on in USUM. They can still turn Lusamine into a villain once Necrozma and the Ultra Recon Squad are introduced in the anime.

Xuxuba

Lusamine is genuinely nuts in USUM and not under the influence of toxins. She's pushed to the limit because she wants to stop Necrozma and save the Pokemon of Alola. Her want to stop Necrozma and the loss of her husband are what they blame Lusamine's actions on in USUM. They can still turn Lusamine into a villain once Necrozma and the Ultra Recon Squad are introduced in the anime.

This arc is shaping up to be quite different from both SM and USUM though, which is not surprising, considering how the evil teams' arcs have been so different from the source material lately.

I do hope that the Recon Squad and Rainbow Rocket will appear later (especially Rainbow Rocket, that would fit the anime's anniversary so much).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Hmm, I read parts of this, but now I know the full thing. So if Lusamine is not under the influence of toxins, does she still hate her kids? Honestly, this sounds more reasonable than her SM self, since in USUM, she's being forced to the limit due to the threat of Necrozma.