• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie & Silvally: Memories Reborn! (992)

Xuxuba

Hmm, I read parts of this, but now I know the full thing. So if Lusamine is not under the influence of toxins, does she still hate her kids? Honestly, this sounds more reasonable than her SM self, since in USUM, she's being forced to the limit due to the threat of Necrozma.

From what i have read, her relationship with her children didn't seem to have changed all that much from SM,
she still says horrible things to both Lillie and Gladion

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
From what i have read, her relationship with her children didn't seem to have changed all that much from SM,
she still says horrible things to both Lillie and Gladion

Well, even though I'm not surprised, that's still disappointing, and in a way, worse than SM in regards to this. Atleast in SM, they could say she was affected by Nihilego, but if she's just naturally ruthless and evil in USUM, there's really no logical reason to hate her kids. So yeah, in this regard, there's still no change in USUM, so that means the anime is definitely taking a very different approach compared to both SM and USUM.

Well, even though I'm not surprised, that's still disappointing, and in a way, worse than SM in regards to this. Atleast in SM, they could say she was affected by Nihilego, but if she's just naturally ruthless and evil in USUM, there's really no logical reason to hate her kids. So yeah, in this regard, there's still no change in USUM, so that means the anime is definitely taking a very different approach compared to both SM and USUM.

That's not it at all. The reason she scorns her children in all versions of the game is because they ran away and, in her mind, "rejected" her love when she was literally losing her mind trying to hang onto the family she had left after losing her husband because of the Ultra Wormholes, which consumed her every other thought. In USUM, however, working alongside her kids helps her see that they were trying to help Pokemon that were suffering under her. You also get to speak with her after that, and you get a better sense of her remorse for how blind she was, and how she wants to both better herself as a mother and a president who has the right to say she wants to protect Pokemon.

In short, she always became like this at some point in her life; the neurotoxins just made it worse.

Last edited:

SONW

This arc is shaping up to be quite different from both SM and USUM though, which is not surprising, considering how the evil teams' arcs have been so different from the source material lately.

Yes, it has always been like this

Rajas

Does anyone notice how Lusamine "casually" allows Faba to escape and seak out?

Well none of them were paying attention tbf, Lusamine was fawning over Lillie, Gladion letting him escape is most surprising as he's the one who wanted to take him down mostly, even Ash should have been paying more attention and Rotom as well as that is his thing usually to be the 'detective'.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Well none of them were paying attention tbf, Lusamine was fawning over Lillie, Gladion letting him escape is most surprising as he's the one who wanted to take him down mostly, even Ash should have been paying more attention and Rotom as well as that is his thing usually to be the 'detective'.

I don't blame them because they're 10 year olds. However you'd think a 40 year old woman running a high class business would at least report to the police that there's a mad scientist in her facility; harassing her daughter. That or just fire him

Rajas

I don't blame them because they're 10 year olds. However you'd think a 40 year old woman running a high class business would at least report to the police that there's a mad scientist in her facility; harassing her daughter. That or just fire him

I don't think being 10 would be an issue here tbh, Ash has so much experience with bad guys that he hardly ever allows this and again Gladion is so driven on protecting Lillie that he made it known to Ash yet he lets Faba tiptoe away? Lusamine is already shown as ditsy when it comes to paying attention to things around her as well. I do think the next episode will continue from right there though so it may not be too bad.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I don't think being 10 would be an issue here tbh, Ash has so much experience with bad guys that he hardly ever allows this and again Gladion is so driven on protecting Lillie that he made it known to Ash yet he lets Faba tiptoe away? Lusamine is already shown as ditsy when it comes to paying attention to things around her as well. I do think the next episode will continue from right there though so it may not be too bad.

I choose to not acknowledge Ash's past experiences in regions since his development are all over the place each saga. However I understand your point. I just find it strange she didn't fire him on the spot like she should have. Yes Gladion and Ash should of said something but at the end of day Faba is Lusamine's problem since she hired and made him chief. To allow him to (possibly) keep working there after her harassaed and kindapped her daughter makes me suspicious. Remember in the SM games they tried very hard to make Lusamine look like a good guy (before going to Ula Ula) and it wasn't revealed until half way through the games she's loco. Maybe the anime is trying to emulate that

Rajas

I choose to not acknowledge Ash's past experiences in regions since his development are all over the place each saga. However I understand your point. I just find it strange she didn't fire him on the spot like she should have. Yes Gladion and Ash should of said something but at the end of day Faba is Lusamine's problem since she hired and made him chief. To allow him to (possibly) keep working there after her harassaed and kindapped her daughter makes me suspicious. Remember in the SM games they tried very hard to make Lusamine look like a good guy (before going to Ula Ula) and it wasn't revealed until half way through the games she's loco. Maybe the anime is trying to emulate that

Yeah I see your point but maybe they'll address it next week especially after seeing the preview with her calling out Clefable. I still genuinely believe they're going with her being good though for whatever reason but I'm sure her turning bad will be fully down to Nihilego. My guess is they want to make her saveable by Lillie and don't destroy her qualities of being someone Lillie and Gladion could love. Just a guess on my part though.

I want to take a guess and say that Lusamine and Faba's portrayal in the anime was at least somewhat influenced by USUM. These games helped emphasize Lusamine's more sympathetic traits that were only mentioned before, and even managed to do away with her role as a villain without overwriting her personality from SM. That, and Faba is about as big of a backstabbing scumbag in USUM as he is in the anime.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Seriously, what is with this anime and trying to make sure the protagonists are so pure and righteous that even their parents can't be evil? It is getting really annoying. Even if the parent turns evil because of enhancement of darker desires, it is still presenting darker passions within the parent.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I really enjoyed this episode a lot! 9/10

Gladion and Faba having a battle in a motel room was just out of place, literally, lol. However, seeing that Faba wanted Type: Null back, I can see why. I liked seeing Litten and Dusk Lycanroc still training together (some continuity). The time spent between Lillie and Ash, was kind of cute as well. Ash making those faces, seemed like he was describing Gladion or his talk with him, and I was glad to see that Lillie was cheered up a bit, after not being able to touch Pokemon still. I really liked seeing all the flashbacks to Lillie's past (moments with Galdion and Lusamine), just adds more to her character overall. I also liked seeing Lusamine having more screentime in this episode too and her minor role here (I still think she's going to eventually become the Lusamine in the SM games in some way, shape, or form).

Now, for my favorite part of this episode, seeing Gladion and Silvally coming to rescue. I loved hearing Gladion's theme being played, the shattering of the mask, which was triggered by Lillie, then Lillie finally understanding/remember what really happened in the past. The bgm being played during the flashback was good too (can't recall which one it is, atm). Of course seeing Lillie with all the Pokemon at the end was touching, but those moments toward the end of the episode with Silvally were definitely the best.

Anyone else feel that for such a grand episode, the animation was very middle-of-the-road? Silvally's mask breaking was nowhere near as cool as it did in the intro. I know there's a limit to the budget, but an episode this great deserves. I hope it's not a sign that this part of the anime actually was rushed...

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Aww, Lillie touched Nebby on her own, yay <3!!! Seeing her hug Silvally and thank him for saving her twice now was the sweetest though.

I'm so happy with how they are handling Lillie's arc and now I hope they start to develop her as a trainer. They already teased her getting a z ring so now all we need is a proper battle with Shiron and a new capture :).

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Seriously, what is with this anime and trying to make sure the protagonists are so pure and righteous that even their parents can't be evil? It is getting really annoying. Even if the parent turns evil because of enhancement of darker desires, it is still presenting darker passions within the parent.

Because the anime is mainly targeted for younger kids (i think age 6-7+, maybe?).

So, while they can showcase parents being ignorant or workaholic or insensitive, but they can't directly show the parent of a regular character being evil and doing bad things (that is for anime genre targeted for teenager and above).

Same reason as to why Giovanni's background has been changed in the anime (with no connection to Silver and him being Giovanni son as in the games or manga series).

Well possession or mind control type stuff can still happen though, so that Lusamine & Nihilego fusion is still possible.
But with the type of theme that the SM Saga is following, i have doubts of seeing that happening (if it was the Sinnoh or XY/XY&Z style theme, then it would have been possible, but less chance with SM style).

Last edited: