• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie & Silvally: Memories Reborn! (992)

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
This episode is definitely one of my favorite episodes from the Sun & Moon anime so far. I really enjoyed watching it.

Faba is a real creep and I’m certain he is the main antagonist of the SM anime. I was glad to see Team Rocket refuse to do what Faba wanted them to do. It was great to see them stand up for Lillie and not allow Faba to do what he wanted. I’m so glad Lillie was able to regain her memories in the end and that she is now able to touch Pokémon.

I get why Gladion was upset in the beginning but I kind of feel like him blaming Ash was a little uncalled for. It’s not his fault. He did not tell Nebby to teleport Lillie to Gladion.

I give this episode a 10/10. There was nothing wrong with it at all.

DatsRight

I get why Gladion was upset in the beginning but I kind of feel like him blaming Ash was a little uncalled for. It’s not his fault. He did not tell Nebby to teleport Lillie to Gladion.

It is something that works with Ash's current development though. Gladion has been a bit skeptical about Ash being the supposed Chosen One all the time, and right now his handling of Nebby hasn't been that great, he hasn't managed to control him and cases like against Team Rocket it was dumb luck things turned out okay. If Ash wants to be seen as worthy of handling a legendary and a potentially dangerous Pokemon, he'll have to prove it in Gladion's eyes, especially when he's watching out for his little sister as well.

If they follow the games closely from this point, things will only boil further as Lillie gets into more trouble. I'm hoping Gladion won't just be a generic contrarian though, and Ash WILL slowly prove he can take the responsibility.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It is something that works with Ash's current development though. Gladion has been a bit skeptical about Ash being the supposed Chosen One all the time, and right now his handling of Nebby hasn't been that great, he hasn't managed to control him and cases like against Team Rocket it was dumb luck things turned out okay. If Ash wants to be seen as worthy of handling a legendary and a potentially dangerous Pokemon, he'll have to prove it in Gladion's eyes, especially when he's watching out for his little sister as well.

If they follow the games closely from this point, things will only boil further as Lillie gets into more trouble. I'm hoping Gladion won't just be a generic contrarian though, and Ash WILL slowly prove he can take the responsibility.

No one controls Nebby. No one. Nebby never stays in the bag.

DatsRight

On a side note, I loved Hypno and Wobbuffet being the stars of the episode's stinger. Wobbuffet needs more limelight this series.

PS: TPCI, please, PLLLLEEEEEEASE keep Lillie's theme used at the start and end of the episode.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I was personally on Ash's side during the scene where he was chewed out by Gladion, I have to admit Gladion was right to be to blame Ash for what happened. In a way, Ash getting blamed for Nebby teleporting Lillie to Gladion is no different from a parent getting blamed for something their baby did. It's technically not Ash's fault, but he should've paid more attention to what Nebby was doing.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
While I was personally on Ash's side during the scene where he was chewed out by Gladion, I have to admit Gladion was right to be to blame Ash for what happened. In a way, Ash getting blamed for Nebby teleporting Lillie to Gladion is no different from a parent getting blamed for something their baby did. It's technically not Ash's fault, but he should've paid more attention to what Nebby was doing.

Even if he had paid attention, how would he have stopped Nebby though? He doesn't have a Teleport proof cage.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought that it was interesting when Lilie had a serious conversation with Satoshi about her childhood, and also when she showed him her family photos. It was simply nice to learn more about Lilie's past. It was also neat to see someone else other than Satoshi play the hero for once, and Type: Null's evolution scene was awesome. Silvady looked splendid animated.

Spyro39

Great episode. Probably the best one so far imo (though next few episodes in the future might take that).

Loved seeing through Lillie's trip down memory lane of her childhood with her mom and Gladion.

My only gripe with this episode is: how come no one noticed Faba trying to sneak away?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Even if he had paid attention, how would he have stopped Nebby though? He doesn't have a Teleport proof cage.
No, but he could’ve either grabbed Nebby before it teleported Lillie, or try to follow them and keep Lillie as far away from Gladion as possible when they were in the cave

DatsRight

(Why not? They're all the rage after Electric proof ones). XD

Keep in mind Ash volunteered to watch over Nebby over letting the AF or anyone more capable try to care for it. He has taken responsibility for Nebby so when things go out of control it's down to him.

DatsRight

Poor Ash. He was robbed of doing something special for the 992th numbered 1000th episode by the Aether siblings.

He was at least good emotional support this time round. I suppose you could argue he stalled enough time for Gladion to step in as well.

I admit Team Rocket's rebellion seems a bit hypocritical given they had no problems manipulating Pikachu's temporary amnesia in AG, though this stance on the matter I admit works with their original characters well given their complicated and troubled pasts, ones that did shape up a lot of who they are (Meowth had similar beliefs in Mewtwo Returns as well). This leaves me with further hope that SM will have more respect for the Trio's characters.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I do kind of understand though that this was suppose to be a big moment between Silvally and Lillie so Ash being the one to be the hero is kind of out of question at the moment but I wish they let Ash in for a little action. He was mostly pinned down by Alakazam in that heated moment, lolz.

As of now, I really feel that Ash, Lillie and Gladion are the most important characters of this season and I'd like to see more plot involving all three of them and I feel like Ash has been more relevant here more than ever.

don't worry, ash's part in all of this is with nebby, not silvally, so he'll do quite a bit in the near future

xEryChan

Demon Child
Finally got around to watching this episode and I honestly think this was one of the best episodes from the SM anime.

I felt so bad for Lillie in the beginning of the episode. You can honestly feel the frustration she has about not being able to touch Pokemon again and it is breaking her heart, which also broke mine as well.

The scene where Gladion was yelling at Ash in the beginning made me confused. I was like, “why was he yelling at Ash over something he could not control?” But I thought about it and I realized that Ash has doing a terrible job at protecting Nebby. No wonder Gladion was angry at him, especially because it involves his sister.

I really loved the scenes where Nebby was teleported Ash and Lillie to different places from her childhood. I loved getting to see Lillie remembering these memories she had from before her mother become so busy. It was so heartwarming.

Man, Faba is a real creep. I was glad to see Team Rocket refuse to do what he asked them to do. While they may be involved in an evil organization, they all still have a heart which makes me happy. It is honestly come and go when it comes to Team Rocket in the anime. Some times I love them because of their roles in the episodes and other times, I can’t stand them and want them to leave the show. I did not mind them so much in this episode.

I was so glad to see Lillie remembering all of her memories and realizing that she was wrong about Silvally. Plus, she is also able to touch Pokemon again and I swear I started at the end when Lillie was hugging Snowy, Pikachu, and Nebby.

One complaint I have about this episode is that no one seemed to notice as Faba escaped except Silvally. I mean, come on? But it is setting up for the next episode so I guess I can let it slide.

I will give this episode a 10/10. It was a great episode from beginning to end, I really enjoyed it.

SONW

A curious thing is that the anime did not exclude the existence of Mohn.
He may not be present in lillie's memoir, but definitely the anime has shown that it exists there. In empty chairs and wedding photo.
I wonder if this can go something or not.

SH65

Victory Over All!
I think that the episode is fine, but I don't like how Ash is in the long run not helping how that much he can't control Nebby at all he failed to keep Nebby and Lillie safe so at this point I have to ask why is Ash here if he's not going to be able to do anything? I mean it's good that Gladion and Lillie are getting something, but if Ash is going to get worfed and turn into a damsel in distress or badass in distress, then whats the point of him getting Nebby in the first place?

DatsRight

I think that the episode is fine, but I don't like how Ash is in the long run not helping how that much he can't control Nebby at all he failed to keep Nebby and Lillie safe so at this point I have to ask why is Ash here if he's not going to be able to do anything? I mean it's good that Gladion and Lillie are getting something, but if Ash is going to get worfed and turn into a damsel in distress or badass in distress, then whats the point of him getting Nebby in the first place?

It was kind of necessary for Ash to be out of focus for this instance (though even then I thought he came out rather likeable in how devoted he was to Lillie in the face of being powerless here). While I am hoping Ash won't be outshone utterly throughout the whole arc, it is kind of necessary for him to take a back seat so others get their moment and can develop fully. He has got the lion's share of focus this series so far after all and the AF arc is more Lillie's story than his. I would like to see attempts at episodes without Ash though, rather than dragging him along even when it's just to be worfed or act as comic relief. Experiment with the others' star power.

In fairness the same thing occurred for Lillie the next episode and she's WAY MORE of a damsel in distress than Ash, who could at least try to fight to stall for time.

Last edited:

SH65

Victory Over All!
It was kind of necessary for Ash to be out of focus for this instance (though even then I thought he came out rather likeable in how devoted he was to Lillie in the face of being powerless here). While I am hoping Ash won't be outshone utterly throughout the whole arc, it is kind of necessary for him to take a back seat so others get their moment and can develop fully. He has got the lion's share of focus this series so far after all. I would like to see attempts at episodes without Ash though, rather than dragging him along even when it's just to be worfed or act as comic relief. Experiment with the others' star power.

In fairness the same thing occurred for Lillie the next episode and she's WAY MORE of a damsel in distress than Ash, who could at least try to fight to stall for time.

I'm fine with others getting their moments, but not if its at the cost of Ash being useless.

DatsRight

I'm fine with others getting their moments, but not if its at the cost of Ash being useless.

Ash did at least still seem helpful to Lillie emotionally and consoling her and while his fight was one sided he kept coming back long enough to give time for Silvally to save Lillie I suppose. In fairness he has been on a roll in SM so far battle wise and he's saved Lillie's life in previous episodes (and I doubt it'll be the last) having the odd time he's met his match but keeps going works for development for both him and other characters.

Also keep in mind Ash wasn't exactly made to look crap against Faba, Gladion got the same beating when he used his standard team, only the super powered Silvally was the game changer (I wish it had struggled a bit more against Faba to maintain his team's power level, but I suppose there was a lot to fit into this episode).

Last edited: