• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie & Silvally: Memories Reborn! (992)

SH65

Victory Over All!
Ash did at least still seem helpful to Lillie emotionally and consoling her. In fairness he has been on a roll in SM so far battle wise and he's saved Lillie's life in previous episodes (and I doubt it'll be the last) having the odd time he's met his match but keeps going works for development for both him and other characters.

Well I just hope that SM gets better at balancing out things like this before we get to the big things. But all and all this episode is fine 3 out of 5.

DatsRight

Well I just hope that SM gets better at balancing out things like this before we get to the big things. But all and all this episode is fine 3 out of 5.

To be fair, Ash's track record for 'standing there doing nothing useful' roles is the lowest of all the companions this series so far, even in this one he was moderately helpful, just not the hero itself. It's arguably the others that need balancing out more.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It was great seeing Lillie recover her memories and getting over her fear of touching Pokémon again after being saved by Silvally. This was probably one of Lillie's best development episodes imo.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Wow. Faba beat a Dark-type with two Psychic-types. That's certainly some skill.

No better time for Team Rocket to stand up to Faba. That was nice to see. Speaking of whom, it looks like I was right on the mark predicting he'd be this arc's villain, meaning the show is going off of USUM instead of vanilla SM. Good to see he couldn't make Lillie forget the incident that made her afraid of Pokemon, therefore meaning she could finally get over it completely.

I've always thought Ed Goldfarb is a better composer than Akhil Gopal is a sound editor. I mean, Gopal's nowhere near as bad as Masafumi Mima, but he's not infallible himself. Case in point, the Ash vs Faba battle had some messy editing and unsuitable music choices for it. That is, until Silvally showed up. At that point, the music got better. Still, I can't let that earlier slip-up pass.

And now this arc is back to being interesting.

DatsRight

I've always thought Ed Goldfarb is a better composer than Akhil Gopal is a sound editor. I mean, Gopal's nowhere near as bad as Masafumi Mima, but he's not infallible himself. Case in point, the Ash vs Faba battle had some messy editing and unsuitable music choices for it. That is, until Silvally showed up. At that point, the music got better. Still, I can't let that earlier slip-up pass.

I'm sorry but replacing Lillie's theme from the ending with generic happy music botched it royal. It's bad enough they wouldn't even use it for any of the diary entries. It's a character theme connected to the games and it's poignant as hell. It made me feel this climax to Lillie's arc, however rushed and awkwardly devised, fit perfectly (along with her Japanese VA's much more emotional acting of course).

Heck they wouldn't even use TR's motto theme in their scene.

Last edited:

Ryu Taylor

It's a character theme connected to the games

When Shinji Miyazaki remixes bastardizes a game track, the results are a disaster. I'd actually not be opposed to the show (any version, but I mainly direct this at the JP version since it insists on keeping Miyazaki around) directly lifting music from the games themselves like the Kirby anime did. And before anyone accuses me of thinking "Pokemon shouldn't have Pokemon music" or something like that, consider this: if a piece of music is composed for something with Pokemon's name on it, it's Pokemon music. Which means that yes, John Loeffler and his sound team made Pokemon music, as does Ed Goldfarb now. And also yes, I begrudgingly must admit the junk Miyazaki makes is Pokemon music, too (though nothing about that makes me have to admit it's good Pokemon music, let alone good music at all).

Not that any of this excuses the earlier gaffe I mentioned (I don't doubt that I gave people a little bit of joy in doing so).

And no apologies are needed, by the way. We've all got different taste in music.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Well that is definitely the case since I LOVE a lot of the game remixes, especially the orchestral version of Lillie's theme that played in the original end of this episode.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
A great episode :)

Lusamine is good after all!! I love it!

Wow, I'm surprised all this took place only 4 years ago.. it seems much longer ago than that. The characters don't look only 4 years younger in those flashbacks.

One thing I am surprised by is that everything appears to be resolved already? An episode like this one appears to me to be like the end of the arc.. what more could happen now?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Also, Mallow saying the phrase "GanbaLillie"... I see you writers... I see you...

Was this the part that was dubbed as "I can reallillie do it!" If so, I loved that pun! I had no idea it was something that came from the original!

Interestingly from where did Gladion get that Dark type disk? Maybe Lusamine gave her.

Who's "her"?

Very good writers, Nihilego looks very creepy

That would be the animators

This episode is definitely one of my favorite episodes from the Sun & Moon anime so far. I really enjoyed watching it.

Faba is a real creep and I’m certain he is the main antagonist of the SM anime. I was glad to see Team Rocket refuse to do what Faba wanted them to do. It was great to see them stand up for Lillie and not allow Faba to do what he wanted. I’m so glad Lillie was able to regain her memories in the end and that she is now able to touch Pokémon.

I get why Gladion was upset in the beginning but I kind of feel like him blaming Ash was a little uncalled for. It’s not his fault. He did not tell Nebby to teleport Lillie to Gladion.

I give this episode a 10/10. There was nothing wrong with it at all.

I don't think Gladion knows Ash doesn't command Nebby to teleport places.

I'm sorry but replacing Lillie's theme from the ending with generic happy music botched it royal. It's bad enough they wouldn't even use it for any of the diary entries. It's a character theme connected to the games and it's poignant as hell. It made me feel this climax to Lillie's arc, however rushed and awkwardly devised, fit perfectly (along with her Japanese VA's much more emotional acting of course).

Heck they wouldn't even use TR's motto theme in their scene.

@Ryu Taylor only watches the dub (as do I) so he has no way of knowing what was and wasn't replaced. it's the first time he's seen the episode.

Ryu Taylor

@Ryu Taylor only watches the dub (as do I) so he has no way of knowing what was and wasn't replaced. it's the first time he's seen the episode.

True, the dub was my first exposure to this episode (as the case has been since last April), but I do actually have ways of knowing what was replaced: others explicitly pointing out what's missing, PM(dot)net's music lists, and my general familiarity with each composer's style. All those things considered, it's no longer even necessary to watch the sub to know how much of the JP music leaks into the dub, as others save me the trouble.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Faba is the best villain since Pierce.
The TRio's speech to Faba was nice but made their entire inclusion in the whole Aether thing feel pointless as they don't even get to help..... at all. -_-

Silvally's my favorite Alola Pokemon apart from Lycanroc.... but it was way too soon to evolve Null given it only appeared three times previously and only one of those was an actual battle. It would have been nice to see Null at least have one more battle.... given I doubt we'll ever see one again.

Gladion actually has potential to go against Paul as Ash's best rival, something post-Paul rivals all lacked as they all sucked or didn't even get the chance in the game rivals' cases. I love how Gladion is turning out to be an actual good trainer, much like his game counterpart. However I suspect it's only because of his ties to the plot, otherwise he may have ended up like Tierno, Trevor, and Bianca or never appear at all like Hugh, Wally, and poor Hau. I hope they keep Gladion as Ash's main rival and don't make an OC, bring in Hau if he needs a second rival so badly. No need to make the game rivals look like trash just to make your glorified OCs look good.... for the third saga in a row.

8.5/10

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Faba is the best villain since Pierce.
The TRio's speech to Faba was nice but made their entire inclusion in the whole Aether thing feel pointless as they don't even get to help..... at all. -_-

Silvally's my favorite Alola Pokemon apart from Lycanroc.... but it was way too soon to evolve Null given it only appeared three times previously and only one of those was an actual battle. It would have been nice to see Null at least have one more battle.... given I doubt we'll ever see one again.

Gladion actually has potential to go against Paul as Ash's best rival, something post-Paul rivals all lacked as they all sucked or didn't even get the chance in the game rivals' cases. I love how Gladion is turning out to be an actual good trainer, much like his game counterpart. However I suspect it's only because of his ties to the plot, otherwise he may have ended up like Tierno, Trevor, and Bianca or never appear at all like Hugh, Wally, and poor Hau. I hope they keep Gladion as Ash's main rival and don't make an OC, bring in Hau if he needs a second rival so badly. No need to make the game rivals look like trash just to make your glorified OCs look good.... for the third saga in a row.

8.5/10
Wouldn't it be the fourth saga in a row?

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Faba is just pure evil, and was clearly the villain here. Really disliked his motives here. On the contrary, very happy to see Lillie regain her memories and have it fully resolved by the end of the episode. At least Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine could all go back to the old good times after all this...or so we like to think.

Good that Team Rocket refused Faba's assistance to kidnap Lillie. You don't go around erasing someone's memories. You help retrieve memories. Shows that Team Rocket is not truly evil.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This episode - and the past - only happened because of LOUSY security. First, Gladion wrecks a motel's room. Second, Faba somehow carries an unconscious boy without raising suspicion to the motel owner who clearly had a good view of his rooms AND still didn't hear the argument. Third, apparently the basement floor of Aether Paradise is so deserted that no one but Faba works there yet little children can wander in there without any trouble. Fourth, Silvally's apparent grudge on Faba isn't that bad enough to let it subdue him.

Ahh, so many photos of Lillie and Gladion as children. Too bad their father was always on camera duty...or...doesn't exist...which means they're genetically created children.

TRio once again shows that they are lousy villains. This is why they'll never succeed at their jobs.

Lillie's fear is so anti-climatically solved, which only reflects on how anti-climatic it was when it was revved up to max so suddenly in the previous episode.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Leonhart

Imagineer
Good that Team Rocket refused Faba's assistance to kidnap Lillie. You don't go around erasing someone's memories. You help retrieve memories. Shows that Team Rocket is not truly evil.

While the Rocket-dan tends to shift between having few morals and having compassion a lot throughout the series, I was also glad that they didn't sink as low as to endanger Lilie.

Last edited:

RShibby9

Just finished this episode at work, and I was almost in tears at the end when Silvally saves Lilly. Pokemon really hits me in the feels!!!