• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie, Take Good Care of Pikachu (973)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The trade was great and all, but what the episode really lacked was Vulpix developing unexpected fondness for ping pong and leaving Lillie to become a ping pong champion.

(+ 1 cookie for anyone who gets the reference)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(cry errytime #bringambipomtoalola)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The trade was great and all, but what the episode really lacked was Vulpix developing unexpected fondness for ping pong and leaving Lillie to become a ping pong champion.

Shiron finding a mate and flying off into the sunset is what's more likely.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.

Togedemaru decides to leave Sophocles for her newfound love of Mallow's leg. You can't get between true love. :D

I know Lillie imitated Ash in a few ways like when she showed everyone she can touch Pikachu. We got some shipping alright. (Lillie x Pikachu)

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah there was so much shipping in this episode, it made me realize Togedemaru is in an one sided relationship based on her actions.

p96822

Evolve me please
So anyone is not going to be talking about Pikachu using Quick Attack in the old style. It flash step when it move side to side

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

But how is Shiron going to play ping pong when it's a quadruped and doesn't have a third hand the way Ambipom does? :p

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
But how is Shiron going to play ping pong when it's a quadruped and doesn't have a third hand the way Ambipom does? :p

Ambipom has four hands, doesn't it? Shiron has six tails though.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Really nice episode! Everyone changing their Pokemon partners looked unique, they got along pretty well, except Togedemaru caused a lot of trouble and Shiron didn't initially get along with Ash. But just liked how Lillie, remembering Ash, managed to get along with Pikachu perfectly and defeated James' Oricorio. Pikachu-Lillie hugging moment was really nice! 9/10.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
The funniest swap was definitely between Lana and Kiawe, because I you automatically get the feeling that both characters were obviously uncomfortable with the other’s Pokemon (like, what do I with this Pokemon?!). Turtonator’s reaction to Lana’s sisters was funny, just like Kiawe’s reaction to Popplio at his home (it’s a good thing that Kiawe’s sister was there to play with Popplio). I also liked how Popplio jumped into action there, to help Kiawe, when the two Tauros were fighting/arguing, which was a reflection of Lana (jumping into action).

Not really much to comment on between Mallow and Sophocles’ swap, except that I liked how Steenee helped Sophocles with him going to sleep, without Togedemaru being there and Togedemaru eventually doing something positive for Mallow at the restaurant (even though it was indirect, cleaning the place), instead of cause the chaos it did, with it being so hyperactive and all. It was funny at the end though, when Togedemaru was staying by Mallow, instead of going to straight to Sophocles (poor Sophocles lol).

So, Ash and Lillie, I liked how Pikachu scooted over in the car, because it remembered Lillie’s fear. It also obviously seemed liked that Shiron is most comfortable around Litten (gave me a flashback between Serena’s Eevee and Clemont’s Bunnelby). Ash training Shiron a little was cool too and I was glad to see that Shiron finally warmed up to Ash. As for Lillie, I liked her determination (trying to be able to touch Pikachu), and the battle between her and James was good. I was hoping that it wouldn’t be interrupted or cut short, and if it wasn’t, I was expecting Lillie to win, because of how strong Pikachu is, and because Lillie has shown to be able to come up strategy in the past. I was a little worried there for a minute, when James was controlling the battle, but Lillie hung in there. I just wish we could’ve seen a little strategy from Lillie. Anyway, congrats on the victory Lillie!

Last, a meaningful moment happens at the end (Lillie showing everyone that she can now touch Pikachu as well), and Rowlet was in his passed out state. :p Heh, Festival Plaza music at the end of the episode. Too bad that we couldn’t witness the battle between Ash and Lillie, much like Kiawe and Ash, but oh well. Still was a nice episode and was progress was made with Lillie’s fear of touching Pokemon, so it’s certainly positive. Seeing Pikachu on Lillie's shoulder at the end was cute too. :) Lillie can be the main protagonist.

Janovy

Banned
It puts a paddle in its mouth and jumps around to hit the ball. :p

DatsRight

I've noticed this series is fond of having Ash and Pikachu interact with Pokemon of previous allies. In this episode they have Pikachu play specifically with a Bonsly and Psyduck, adding onto Charizard, Tauros and Kanto Vulpix in previous episodes.

I don't know if it's an intentional continuity nod or not, but it's a cute touch.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Switcheroo

Pros:

* All the switches were well-handled

* Lillie battling and holding Pikachu

Cons:

(none)

Thoughts:

* Serena could have used a Lillie-scene like that in XY

* Shiron and Litten: SM equivalent of Eevee and Bunnelby

Enjoyable episode. They've done a good job building up this tight-knit class bond. Still wanting the pace to pick up.

5.5/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 8.5/3/3/4/4.5/3/4.5/7.5/3/5.5 (including this episode)
Average of episodes 21-30: 4.65/10
Average of episodes 11-20: 4.95/10
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I forgot how hilarious Rowlet was in this episode, since the only thing it did was sleep and eat lol.
I liked seeing the group switch and interact with the Pokemon throughout their daily lives.
I liked how Lillie bonded with Pikachu and wanted to have a battle to help get over her fear of touching it.
The bgm at the end reminds me of the DP Symphonic Medley.
10/10

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
"You're able to touch Pikachu now, wow!"
"It's wonderful! Everything's fine!"

It's been present for a while and not just SM but for other sagas too. I really hate how it treats the audience as stupid, like I can see that she's fine on screen I don't need that exposition dumped on me in word form.

That said, was a nice episode. I think an arc getting used to each other's Pokemon and throwing a bit more focus on the Trial Captains (and even Ash) would have worked better though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Besides Lillie getting the wrong idea how Ash and Pikachu bonded, this was a nice episode.

Sophocles was the only one who didn't get much out of Steenee, though...and Togedemaru is ready to ditch him any time.

(Turn the music down, dub.)

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
"You're able to touch Pikachu now, wow!"
"It's wonderful! Everything's fine!"

It's been present for a while and not just SM but for other sagas too. I really hate how it treats the audience as stupid, like I can see that she's fine on screen I don't need that exposition dumped on me in word form.

TPCi has an unfortunate habit to literally translate certain things. Basically, any lines like that likely existed in the JP version, so it ought to be blamed for being that condescending, too (as well as, well, you know...).

(Turn the music down, dub.)

It might just be me, but the music doesn't seem that loud this saga. It's actually all the other sounds (voices, SFX) that are louder. But again, that might be me or my TV settings.

Anyway, the review...

Why has this general temporarily trading Pokemon for a long period of time setup not been done more times??? It made for some great moments. For one thing, who knew using moves would be a stress-reliever (somewhat sarcasm, considering attacking something inanimate can be therapeutic)? The one I like most was the one most important to the episode: Lillie taking care of Pikachu. At last, she can touch him (Jesus dude, PHRASING??).

So many literal translations, just as I said to Frozocrone... I wish Mr. Cathcart would adapt the dialogue more than he currently does.

The best music of the episode went to anything having to do with Snowy and Lillie. I missed those tracks in particular. Plus, another legit exciting battle theme appeared in this one: the BGM for Lillie and Hobbs' battle. But for the second week in a row, the JP music invaded the ending. It didn't ruin it, but damn it, I still wish that would quit happening.

I like last week's episode a bit better, but at least we're still at a point where the saga's out of its rut for the moment.

Last edited: