• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie, Take Good Care of Pikachu (973)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Lillie, Take Good Care of Pikachu

As part of a project, Professor Kukui suggests to everyone that, for a night, they should exchange their partner Pokémon to the others in order to make sure everyone is comfortable with more than just their partner Pokémon. Due to this, Lillie gets Pikachu but as she is still afraid to touch Pokémon other than Vulpix, she expresses concern. She then comes up with the idea that battling with Pikachu may help her overcome her fears so she challenges Hobbs to a battle. Will she overcome her fears?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Janovy

Banned
That was a clean victory lol.

Also Lillie can touch Pikachu now, yay!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So hyped for Lillie's potential as a trainer!

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I LOVED This episode (´ ∀ `) !!!

Mallow-chan got much more screentime than expected, everyone was shown nicely! Lillie did well and was cute through the whole episode too. Alola is precious, I'm enjoying every moment of it.

Also the old end-of-episode Kanto BGM played when Ash, Litten and Shiron went shopping. That was so nostalgic, I didn't expect to hear the classic OST here at all.

Pure Enjoyment!

BlazeKnight7

Episode was really fun, Glad they didn't make Lillie a total badass with Pikachu from the get-go and need a bit of time before she got the hang of battling.

That opening though, what a disapointment, Why bother making a new opening if you're just gonna mostly re-use episode footage and clips from the previous opening? Way to kill my hype and waste the great remix.

Also for anyone who's better with Japanese, What did Ash say to Shiron to perk her up after not eating? My guess was he suggesting they go see Lillie but since they didn't do that and Ash isn't the type to lie to a Pokemon I'm guessing he said something else? Was the only part of the ep I was slightly confused

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Episode was really fun, Glad they didn't make Lillie a total badass with Pikachu from the get-go and need a bit of time before she got the hang of battling.

That opening though, what a disapointment, Why bother making a new opening if you're just gonna mostly re-use episode footage and clips from the previous opening? Way to kill my hype and waste the great remix.

Also for anyone who's better with Japanese, What did Ash say to Shiron to perk her up after not eating? My guess was he suggesting they go see Lillie but since they didn't do that and Ash isn't the type to lie to a Pokemon I'm guessing he said something else? Was the only part of the ep I was slightly confused

Could be wrong but I assume Lillie makes it a special poke food like she makes the other pokemon so maybe Ash wanted to go to the store to get the ingredients to make it the same food??

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I felt it was more Shiron looking for Nyabby's approval.

BlazeKnight7

Could be wrong but I assume Lillie makes it a special poke food like she makes the other pokemon so maybe Ash wanted to go to the store to get the ingredients to make it the same food??

All I know is he mentioned something about Lillie and it perked Shiron up. It didn't sound like anything to do with food from what Japanese I can understand but perhaps I'm wrong.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
All I know is he mentioned something about Lillie and it perked Shiron up. It didn't sound like anything to do with food from what Japanese I can understand but perhaps I'm wrong.

I'm just assuming really cuz it wouldn't eat the food and they went to a food store tbh.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It was a pretty nice episode. I'm probably weird but I enjoyed the small moments of the classmates, like Mallow with Togedemaru, Sophocles with Steenee and Lana with Turtonator more than the Lillie and Pikachu part. And seems like Vulpix might be too used to luxury food in Lillie's mansion that it doesn't like eating much of any other food. Personally I'm mixed about Lillie winning quite easily despite being a novice, but I guess that really shows how powerful Pikachu is, so at least that pleases me. And of course the ending, where Lillie can finally touch Pikachu was a great moment for her development. So overall, I give the episode 7.5/10. Not amazing, but a good and enjoyable episode nonetheless.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
My only let down is that despite Lillie's fear being progressed in if not conquered, we still have no idea why she even had the fear in the first place.

Was still a good episode. The hijinks of the classmates were fun to watch.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ohh the new OP sounds niiiiice indeed. I was a bit disappointed that it's mostly compiled of old clips but we did get new scenes like Ash's upcoming battles and a few other things. :) I really liked how they rearranged the "Masara Town ni... sayonara bye bye" part. Delia got to appear which is always a plus. This new rendition is just so great to hear in it's full sample song form.

Yeah I enjoyed everyone's reactions right after Prof Kukui decided to become a killjoy. (Mwhahaha!!) I enjoyed most of the interactions with the Pokemon and their new Trainers. I do also like that there was a bit of a disconnection between them... most notably in Kiawe's, Sophocles', and Ash's case. I felt kind of awkward like, "Okay, what am I going to do with you". And all Lana did was wash Bakugames' shell. Sophocles barely had much to do with Amamaiko (aside form that last second decorated basket of malasadas). The outcome came out well in the end and I'm glad Lillie and Pikachu can finally touch. She'll need to battle with the others' Pokémon to touch them lol. Too bad we can't see who won Ash vs Lillie (ah, we know Lilie won!) :D

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That awkward moment when Lillie has officially won more battles than Serena

Serena has won more if you include multi battles.

(Was also Ash's Pikachu, not Lillie's own effort)

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Lillie is the best thing to happen to Pokémon. Cuteness overload.
So glad they're developing her character consistently so far!

Nafsika

I just watch the new episode and I couldn't wait to tell you about it!!! It was so awesome!!!
They exchange Pokémon by chance!!! And thank god all characters and Pokémon had enough screne time!!!

Mallow and Togedemaru was nice and really funny in the scene in which Togedemaru break everything in the restaurant and then when helped Mallow to mop the floor!!!! Really funny!!! And I liked really much the fact that Togedemaru liked so much Mallow that she didn't want to go and say hi to her trainer!!!

Poor Kiawe!!! At first he didn't know what to do with Poplio but in the time on need Poplio showed its strenght!!! I laugh so much with the Tauros and the bath time!!!

Lana and Turtonator was also a nice pair!!! Sarah and Harper asked for the blow!!! It was fun to watch them brush Turtonator and I have never imagine that a giant like him would enjoyn it so much!!!

Sophocles and Steene don't fit but they find a way to work things out!!! I liked the way that Steene put Sophocles on bed!!! Realy clever way!!!

Ash and Shiron!!! I liked how Shiron had a hard time to adjust and accept Ash but with his Pokémon help he manage to make Shiron liked him and taught him how to use his move better!!! I also liked that Ash tried to motive Shiron by telling him that Lillie would be impress if he knows more things!!!

And for the grand finale Lillie and Pikachu!!! I liked how she freaked out by only looking him or talk to him but Pikachu didn't show that bother him her behavior!!! The battle was really nice and I liked the fact that made Lillie to think Ash and Pikachu's batteling past and used it to turn things in her advantage!!! The moment that Lillie haged Pikachu was epic and when she mimiced Ash's way to call Pikachu was awesome!!!

But I have to say that I'm a little dissapointed with the writers because they didn't show their whole battle!!! It would have been awesome!!!

Generaly I love that episode and it gave a small to all of the characters but mostly to Lillie!!!

DatsRight

One of the best fillers so far, some nice development with all the trainers and their Pokemon and a bit more personality display (I welcome Steenee and Turtonator getting to do anything). Love how randomly and bluntly Kukui sets it up, the troll. XD

It was nice that, despite earlier predictions, all the characters got a small bit of attention and a little side arc in how they bonded with each Pokemon, even if Ash and Lillie got the bulk of it, largely due to the most experienced vs least experienced theme with both of them. Love the contrast with Pikachu who is quite used to being pally with another trainer (and acts like a little gentleman in Lillie's car XD) while Snowy, being the 'baby' of the group, is very uncomfortable without Lillie.

The battle was at least finished, if kind of uneventful, though I'll let it pass since it was just a warm up for Lillie, she did at least do more than spam one move. Again at least it was FINISHED. The embrace was adorable, granted while it was at least a different setup this time, I'm not sure about making EVERY Pokemon Lillie manages to touch a 'heat of the moment' type thing, could get formulaic. It seems Ash is rubbing a little off of Lillie though, maybe that mentor setup will happen a little.

Did you have to tease us with an Ash vs Lillie battle at the end? That....that was just mean.

The animation was pretty good this episode, especially during the battle, also love the selection of retro tunes. They're liking their Kalos music this series.

Serena has won more if you include multi battles.

(Was also Ash's Pikachu, not Lillie's own effort)

I can credit Lillie a little more since she has already demonstrated more battle tactics than 'Dodge and 'insert basic attack here'. Whenever that didn't work for Serena she was completely lost, which dumbs down the sense of accomplishment in the ones she won.