• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie, Take Good Care of Pikachu (973)

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Awesome episode! Lillie is even more my favorite companion of the series now! She had great development in battling and touching Pokémon.
Also, even though Lillie doesn't practice battles that much, she has a great knowledge, so she isn't that inexperienced.
The new opening was nice too, it reused footage from episodes but the thing that made it was how the scenes were rearranged to look similar to the original opening(Ash leaving Pallet and Pikachu looking at improper places were the best parts)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I can credit Lillie a little more since she has already demonstrated more battle tactics than 'Dodge and 'insert basic attack here'. Whenever that didn't work for Serena she was completely lost, which dumbs down the sense of accomplishment in the ones she won.

Lillie didn't use any tactics at all. Pikachu is just insanely strong at this point that none of Oricorio's attacks made a dent on Pikachu. She just ordered a quick attack and then finished with a thunderbolt. Hardly what I'll call a tactic. But I will say that I was happy that the battle did finish, and that it showed that Pikachu is as powerful as ever.

DatsRight

Lillie didn't use any tactics at all. Pikachu is just insanely strong at this point that none of Oricorio's attacks made a dent on Pikachu. She just ordered a quick attack and then finished with a thunderbolt. Hardly what I'll call a tactic. But I will say that I was happy that the battle did finish, and that it showed that Pikachu is as powerful as ever.

She used attacks resourcefully in previous episodes however. Yeah, this one was more a Serena-level effort, but unlike her, she already has better displays to fall back on.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This was a very enjoyable episode. Sophocles and Steenee were the weakest of the new combos as expected. Next were the water kids and Turtonator, at the end of it all, they just cleaned its shell. Mallow and Togedemaru was so cute to watch. Mallow got annoyed at Togedemaru but she is too cute to stay mad at. She means well and at the end, Togederoomba left the Aina Café spotless. Popplio with those Tauros was just hilarious. The faces when the balloon popped were priceless. It's good that Hoshi/Mimo was there as Kiawe doesn't click with Water-types.

Thanks to Litten, Snowy was able to open up to Ash. This gave me Bunnelby and Eevee vibes. I thought Snowy was going to end up learning a new move thanks to Ash but at least she got a little bit stronger. Speaking of getting stronger, Lillie was the star here. I like how her bookworm knowledge doesn't make her a complete novice. Plus it helped that Pikachu is strong. Oh I have to give props to Pikachu when he scooted over to give Lillie more personal space in the car. He is so thoughtful and learned from his mistake in SM008.

Opal Pikachu13

I enjoyed this episode. It was great that all the students got focus with their swapped partner Pokemon. They first didn't know what to do with their new companions, but they made it work out. Hyperactive Togedemaru was funny (also when it rejected Sophocles when all the partners were reunited) xD. Steenee helping Sophocles sleep was cute. Kiawe found use for Popplio on his farm to calm his Tauros down, and Lana didn't do much with Turtonator besides brush its shell, with her sisters helping out too. I loved Litten wanting to bond with Shiron, for it was shy and wasn't used to being without Lillie. It was cool to see Ash battle with Shiron. As for Lillie and Pikachu, it was good for her to battle with Pikachu to get more used to him, and it was so adorable seeing them hug. The aspect of this episode being of a class project was great. Only thing I wished to see was the full battle of Ash and Shiron vs Lillie and Pikachu, but like I said before, I really enjoyed this episode.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
This was a great episode! I expected Lillie would be able to touch Pikachu by the end of the episode, so no surprises there, and I liked the lead-up to it. Lillie not only took another step toward conquering her fear of touching Pokémon, but she also took another step toward truly becoming a Pokémon Trainer. She struggled against Hobbs until she realized that Pokémon and Trainer battle together. Once she realized that, she was able to get over some of her nervousness and better command Pikachu. I do give Pikachu more credit for that win, but Lillie still advanced as a Trainer.

The way Pikachu leaped into her arms after that victory was so natural, as that is exactly what he does with Ash. I loved Lillie's reaction when she realized she was hugging Pikachu. "Pikachu, you're so warm." That was adorable.

Also, props to Pikachu for learning from SM08. How gentlemanly of him to scoot over on the seat so Lillie wouldn't have to sit so close to him on the way home, and for holding absolutely still when Lillie tried to touch him.

I like how Ash didn't try to force Shiron to interact with him, but took his time and gave Shiron space. (Really, he was more concerned with Shiron's refusal to eat than with its refusal to bond with him.) In the end, he decided to take Shiron and his other Pokémon for a stroll (I believe he said something about how Lillie and Shiron like taking strolls together) and then take Shiron to the beach where he and his Pokémon train. He finally got through to Shiron by suggesting it train to become stronger and impress Lillie.

I thought it was interesting that Shiron seemed to gravitate toward Litten, the most aloof of Ash's roster. I also love how it was Litten who gave Shiron a piece of fruit. It was a good show of Litten's kindheartedness when it comes to other Pokémon. (I'm really liking how this cat is being portrayed.)

As for the rest of the interactions... I love how Kiawe had no idea what to do with Popplio other than having Hoshi play with it until the Tauros started fighting and Popplio voluntarily hopped up to splash some sense into them with bubbles. It was satisfying to see Harper and Sarah get their comeuppance for messing with Turtonator by getting explosions to the face. It was sweet of Steenee to get into bed with Sophocles and use Sweet Scent to lull him to sleep. I felt so sorry for Mallow--and for her father and the restaurant patrons!--having to deal with Togedemaru's hyperactivity, but I got a chuckle out of how she inadvertently discovered a way to make Togedemaru's hyperactivity useful.

Look who's happy they're switching Trainers: http://imgur.com/a/fPg1D
It's as though she doesn't quite grasp that she is going to have to spend the night away from Sophocles. Although, given how she didn't want to leave Mallow at the end of the episode, she might not be as loyal to Sophocles as he is to her. Poor Sophocles. :p

Did you have to tease us with an Ash vs Lillie battle at the end? That....that was just mean.
I actually would have liked to see how that battle played out; I'd be curious as to who truly had the upper hand. On the one hand, Ash is the more experienced Trainer, which gives him an advantage over Lillie, naturally. On the other hand, Pikachu is the more experienced Pokémon, which gives him an advantage over Shiron.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This was a great episode! I expected Lillie would be able to touch Pikachu by the end of the episode, so no surprises there, and I liked the lead-up to it. Lillie not only took another step toward conquering her fear of touching Pokémon, but she also took another step toward truly becoming a Pokémon Trainer. She struggled against Hobbs until she realized that Pokémon and Trainer battle together. Once she realized that, she was able to get over some of her nervousness and better command Pikachu. I do give Pikachu more credit for that win, but Lillie still advanced as a Trainer.

The way Pikachu leaped into her arms after that victory was so natural, as that is exactly what he does with Ash. I loved Lillie's reaction when she realized she was hugging Pikachu. "Pikachu, you're so warm." That was adorable.

Also, props to Pikachu for learning from SM08. How gentlemanly of him to scoot over on the seat so Lillie wouldn't have to sit so close to him on the way home, and for holding absolutely still when Lillie tried to touch him.

I like how Ash didn't try to force Shiron to interact with him, but took his time and gave Shiron space. (Really, he was more concerned with Shiron's refusal to eat than with its refusal to bond with him.) In the end, he decided to take Shiron and his other Pokémon for a stroll (I believe he said something about how Lillie and Shiron like taking strolls together) and then take Shiron to the beach where he and his Pokémon train. He finally got through to Shiron by suggesting it train to become stronger and impress Lillie.

I thought it was interesting that Shiron seemed to gravitate toward Litten, the most aloof of Ash's roster. I also love how it was Litten who gave Shiron a piece of fruit. It was a good show of Litten's kindheartedness when it comes to other Pokémon. (I'm really liking how this cat is being portrayed.)

As for the rest of the interactions... I love how Kiawe had no idea what to do with Popplio other than having Hoshi play with it until the Tauros started fighting and Popplio voluntarily hopped up to splash some sense into them with bubbles. It was satisfying to see Harper and Sarah get their comeuppance for messing with Turtonator by getting explosions to the face. It was sweet of Steenee to get into bed with Sophocles and use Sweet Scent to lull him to sleep. I felt so sorry for Mallow--and for her father and the restaurant patrons!--having to deal with Togedemaru's hyperactivity, but I got a chuckle out of how she inadvertently discovered a way to make Togedemaru's hyperactivity useful.

It's as though she doesn't quite grasp that she is going to have to spend the night away from Sophocles. Although, given how she didn't want to leave Mallow at the end of the episode, she might not be as loyal to Sophocles as he is to her. Poor Sophocles. :p

I actually would have liked to see how that battle played out; I'd be curious as to who truly had the upper hand. On the one hand, Ash is the more experienced Trainer, which gives him an advantage over Lillie, naturally. On the other hand, Pikachu is the more experienced Pokémon, which gives him an advantage over Shiron.

Hopefully they'll mention something about their battle later on in the series, but I doubt they will. please have Lillie be the winner of that match if they ever do mention it

Last edited:

DatsRight

This was a very enjoyable episode. Sophocles and Steenee were the weakest of the new combos as expected. Next were the water kids and Turtonator, at the end of it all, they just cleaned its shell. Mallow and Togedemaru was so cute to watch. Mallow got annoyed at Togedemaru but she is too cute to stay mad at. She means well and at the end, Togederoomba left the Aina Café spotless. Popplio with those Tauros was just hilarious. The faces when the balloon popped were priceless. It's good that Hoshi/Mimo was there as Kiawe doesn't click with Water-types.

Thanks to Litten, Snowy was able to open up to Ash. This gave me Bunnelby and Eevee vibes. I thought Snowy was going to end up learning a new move thanks to Ash but at least she got a little bit stronger. Speaking of getting stronger, Lillie was the star here. I like how her bookworm knowledge doesn't make her a complete novice. Plus it helped that Pikachu is strong. Oh I have to give props to Pikachu when he scooted over to give Lillie more personal space in the car. He is so thoughtful and learned from his mistake in SM008.

If I must make one personal nitpick there, it's that in hindsight, only half the trainers (Ash, Lillie and Lana) seemed to be trying to bond with their Pokemon, the rest either trying to brush them off or gave up when they didn't instantly catch on. The Pokemon in those cases had to appeal to their own tastes to gain their interest (though I do like seeing cases the Pokemon are proactive around characters other than their trainer, Steenee wanting to comfort Sophocles was cute, especially given he was something of the butt monkey this episode).

Ash as usual was the most impressive, not only was he able to change approach to appeal to Snowy, but he also indirectly influenced Lillie's attempts and development. Lana did try, if in an underwhelming way, giving Turtonator a clean.

Last edited:

Nebbygetinthebag

This episode is very good I'm really glad that the character have screentime.Lillie and Pikachu moments was really cute the battle between against Hobbs was pretty cool not only Lillie conquered her fear of touching Pikachu but also took a step to becoming a good trainer and when Lillie hug Pikachu when they won was so cute.
The classmates section was pretty enjoyable especially mallow and togedemaru,I like togedemaru hiperactive attitude and mallow trying not to be angry at her,I really like how Mallow discovered Togedemaru hiperactive attitude could be useful. Ash and Snowy was nice The way Ash let Snowy some space and Litten give food to Snowy was really nice also Ash motivated Snowy to become strong and impress Lillie was good.Lana and turtonator moments was funny and I really like how Lana and her sister clean Turtonator.The Sophocles and Steenee moments was cute It was really sweet that Steenee go to the bed and use sweet scent to Sophocles to sleep was sweet.Kiawe and Popplio moments was enjoyable he had no idea what to do with Popplio until Popplio stop the fight against Tauros was good.
Overall this episode is enjoyable it was better than the last week episode.I give it a 9/10.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
If I must make one personal nitpick there, it's that in hindsight, only half the trainers (Ash, Lillie and Lana) seemed to be trying to bond with their Pokemon, the rest either trying to brush them off or gave up when they didn't instantly catch on. The Pokemon in those cases had to appeal to their own tastes to gain their interest (though I do like seeing cases the Pokemon are proactive around characters other than their trainer, Steenee wanting to comfort Sophocles was cute, especially given he was something of the butt monkey this episode).

Ash as usual was the most impressive, not only was he able to change approach to appeal to Snowy, but he also indirectly influenced Lillie's attempts and development. Lana did try, if in an underwhelming way, giving Turtonator a clean.

I felt it was more that Kiawe, Sophocles, and Mallow didn't know what to do with their temporary "partners." Nearly everyone was out of their element, because they were dealing with Pokémon who are, in one way or another, the opposite of their partners. Even Lana seemed a bit out of her element at first, not sure what to do with a giant fire turtle dragon.

• Mallow was out of her element dealing with the hyperactive Togedemaru, who is a stark contrast to the calm Steenee. Also, Togedemaru isn't exactly as useful in the restaurant, since she can't really help serve patrons and her excitement causes her to ruin patrons' meals instead.

• Kiawe was out of his element dealing with a Water type and with a Pokémon who is too small to really help out on the farm. Even Popplio seemed unsure of what to do--it just kept looking to Kiawe for guidance--until the Tauros started fighting and it saw an opportunity to help out.

• Sophocles was out of his element dealing with a Pokémon who is more interested in smelling flowers than running on a giant hamster wheel.​

The only one who didn't seem completely out of their element was Ash, but that just goes to show how good he is with Pokémon, IMHO. His first attempts to bond with Shiron didn't work, so he changed his approach and tried something that he thought would appeal to Shiron--a stroll. And he let his Pokémon (specifically, Litten) goad Shiron into interacting.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This episode is very good I'm really glad that the character have screentime.Lillie and Pikachu moments was really cute the battle between against Hobbs was pretty cool not only Lillie conquered her fear but also took a step to becoming a good trainer and when Lillie hug Pikachu when they won was so cute.
The classmates section was pretty enjoyable especially mallow and togedemaru I really togedemaru hiperactive attitude and mallow trying not to be angry at her,I really like how Mallow discovered Togedemaru hiperactive attitude could be useful. Ash and Snowy was nice The way Ash let Snowy some space and Litten give food to Snowy was really nice also Ash motivated Snowy to become strong and impress Lillie was good.Lana and turtonator moments was funny and I really like how Lana and her sister clean Turtonator.The Sophocles and Steenee moments was cute It was really sweet that Steenee go to the bed and use sweet scent to Sophocles to sleep was sweet.Kiawe and Popplio moments was enjoyable he had no idea what to do with Popplio until Popplio stop the fight against Tauros was good.
Overall this episode is enjoyable it was better than the last week episode.I give it a 9/10.
Wait, I thought Lillie just conquered her fear of touching Pikachu. Isn't she still afraid of touching other Pokémon besides it & Shiron/Snowy?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Mallow was out of her element dealing with the hyperactive Togedemaru, who is a stark contrast to the calm Steenee. Also, Togedemaru isn't exactly as useful in the restaurant, since she can't really help serve patrons and her excitement causes her to ruin patrons' meals instead.

Thankfully she realised the pros of having a Togedebroomu around the cafe

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
lol i remember there was this one DP episode where ash had to battle pikachu while it was under the care of some old lady and he was freaking out the whole time. now at the end of this episode, he's perfectly okay battling against pikachu with shiron. i just found that kinda funny lol.

andrewscott48209

lol i remember there was this one DP episode where ash had to battle pikachu while it was under the care of some old lady and he was freaking out the whole time. now at the end of this episode, he's perfectly okay battling against pikachu with shiron. i just found that kinda funny lol.

It may be that In that DP episode, Ash was doing it under the guise of Pikachu belonging to the old lady, and he was worried she might find out and be angry at Ash for that; fortunately the old lady knew and was kind to let Ash admit that to her, and she was thankful Ash let her borrow Pikachu in the first place. Whereas, in this episode, Ash wasn't doing it under this guise.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Great episode.

Lillie bonding with Pikachu and their embrace after the battle. Hyperactive Togedemaru (and not wanting to go back to Sophocles). Twins not even fazed by being blown up. Popplio giving Tauros bath time. Ash training Shiron and being concerned about Shiron not eating and Litten offering Shiron food.

Janovy

Banned
The trade was great and all, but what the episode really lacked was Vulpix developing unexpected fondness for ping pong and leaving Lillie to become a ping pong champion.

(+ 1 cookie for anyone who gets the reference)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The trade was great and all, but what the episode really lacked was Vulpix developing unexpected fondness for ping pong and leaving Lillie to become a ping pong champion.

(+ 1 cookie for anyone who gets the reference)

Lol but this is completely different from Ambipom