• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lillie, Take Good Care of Pikachu (973)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Well yeah I mean the anime as a whole.

And no I'm not the target demographic but children have proved they aren't stupid.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
First off, Team Rocket SHOULD have been here. I don't care what their haters say, Pikachu being looked after by the least experienced cast member is the absolute PERFECT freaking moment to strike.
Lana's sisters are annoying as ever, they totally deserved that blast from Turtonator for harassing the poor Dragon.
And I don't understand why Soph didn't just use Charjabug as a night light.... like he did that in the camp episode.

Togedemaru was actually funny when she was knocking down all those customers.
And Litten had a cute moment with Shiron
This episode really needed a Team Rocket moment though, that was what it lacked.
5/10

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Really liked the idea of having the characters swap Pokémon temporarily to better understand from one another.

Ash & Snowy: Even though Ash had trouble at first, with Litten's idea, he was able to coax Snowy into having a walk, get a snack from the Shop Lady, and Ash was able to train Snowy to make it stronger so Snowy can show Lillie that it's gotten stronger for her by the help of Ash.
Lillie & Pikachu: Pikachu was smart in the limousine to move aside for Lillie to have room before they head off to the mansion. Lillie was smart to observe and watch Pikachu so it can learn more about the electric mouse. The battle against Hobbes was good, too. Glad Lillie was able to overcome the struggle and to think as if Lillie was Ash. To her surprise, she was touching Pikachu. And she surprised everyone by overcoming that fear with Pikachu at the end. Good for Lillie.
Lana & Turtonator: Okay, Harper and Sarah definitely deserved the explosion for being annoying twins and the inability to control themselves. But at least they greatly helped Lana brush off Turtonator, making his spiky back shell all bright and shiny, pleasing both Turtonator and Kiawe.
Kiawe & Popplio: Kiawe was just stumped on how he would do with Popplio. But he got lucky when Mimo warned Kiawe that Tauros are fighting and was able to use Popplio to calm Tauros down by giving them a bath. This makes Kiawe better with dealing with Popplio, but he still needs work with Water-types in general. Liked how Kiawe wanted Popplio to be gentle with its Bubble Beam attack.
Sophocles & Steenee: Sophocles needs more work. He needs to learn more about how to correctly adapt to Grass-types, because Steenee running on the electric-powered wheel isn't going to work. And Sophocles has trouble sleeping without Togedemaru, but at least Steenee was able to put him to sleep. Liked how Sophocles used Steenee's Sweet Scent to make special malasadas for everyone back at school.
Mallow & Togedemaru: Togedemaru was just being too hyper in the restaurant. It didn't look good at first, with rolling around trouncing the customers, but the next day went well, since Togedemaru did Mallow's work in just a flash, since she cleaned the whole restaurant, saving Mallow some time.

It's a great episode focusing on all the development on all the characters and Partner Pokémon. Hopefully more episodes like this happen in the future, or in this saga, but with different switches.

Also, Zorugible, if Team Rocket were here to catch Pikachu and if they succeeded, how would Lillie be able to get it back from them while Snowy was with Ash? Plus, even if Team Rocket did go with this plan, I feel that would take away development with other characters that we could have seen on-screen.

Cloud5001

Well yeah I mean the anime as a whole.

And no I'm not the target demographic but children have proved they aren't stupid.

Your talking like this is a new thing, at this point either you roll with it or don't. Seriously I don't know what else to tell you at this point where it's pretty clear how the show works.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
In this episode I just realized that Lillie's Dub voice is... Jeez, what was that, my ears!

Still a great episode though. Lillie battling with Pikachu has to be one of my more favorite scenes of SM.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Your talking like this is a new thing, at this point either you roll with it or don't. Seriously I don't know what else to tell you at this point where it's pretty clear how the show works.

It's been present for a while and not just SM but for other sagas too. I really hate how it treats the audience as stupid, like I can see that she's fine on screen I don't need that exposition dumped on me in word form.

Yes, definitely new.

It's also stupid. But silly me for wanting better writing.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow, I didn't know Rowlet was still staying in ash's backpack instead of its Poké Ball. Now I'm afraid it'll never evolve.

This episode starts Lillie's battling..I hope it leads to a full-series arc for her.....maybe if USUM has gyms she can do them while Ash does the trials.

The trade was great and all, but what the episode really lacked was Vulpix developing unexpected fondness for ping pong and leaving Lillie to become a ping pong champion.

(+ 1 cookie for anyone who gets the reference)

If anybody doesn't get the reference, I'd have to question whether he or she is even a Pokémon anime fan

Why has this general temporarily trading Pokemon for a long period of time setup not been done more times???

It would have been impossible in previous generations as the main characters were traveling together

It's been done more in SM than in any previous saga, sometimes going as far as to have mid-episode narration (SM016) something I don't remember happening before.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was ecstatic when Lilie was able to successfully get Satoshi's Pikachu to defeat her butler's Odoridori, because that victory seemed like a step forward for Lilie's development, and much better than her losing. Other than that, I also loved watching how Satoshi's Iwanko and Nyabby interacted with Shiron in this episode.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Giving the Pokémon the good ol' switch was a nice idea because it would help Lillie with further overcoming her fear of touching other Pokémon, especially with Ash's Pikachu, which was switched with Snowy. Nice to see how Ash got Snowy to like walks and helping her train by making her use Powder Snow on a rock and also nice to see her opening up to some of Ash's other Pokémon, especially with Litten when they shared a Sitrus Berry. Although it focuses more on Snowy and Pikachu being switched and how they get along with their new Trainers, it was also nice to see Steenee help Sophocles sleep with Sweet Scent, how Sarah and Harper managed to clean Turtonator without making any one of its spikes explode and Popplio helping Kiawe out to calm down two fighting Tauros. Togedemaru messing up but ironically cleaning up Mallow's restaurant sometime later was quite hilarious though.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I liked the episode because I wanted to see different interactions between the Pokemons and humans and it delivered pretty well. And Lillie was able to touch another Pokemon (Ash's Pikachu) than Snowy, thanks for the battle against Hobbes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
AznKei said:
And Lillie was able to touch another Pokemon (Ash's Pikachu) than Snowy, thanks for the battle against Hobbes.

I was glad that she was at least making progress with her phobia here, and the fact that she was able to do so with someone else's Pokemon adds to how remarkable her development was.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I was glad that she was at least making progress with her phobia here, and the fact that she was able to do so with someone else's Pokemon adds to how remarkable her development was.
Well any Pokémon at this point would have been someone else's Pokémon since she only has one Pokémon.