• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Links of Chaos: the Telling of the Eju Discussion Thread

Unicorn

Neigh.
Approved by RaZoR LeAf

NOTE: The official roleplay thread is up. I will still take LSUs but I will be a little more deliberate about who I accept.

SIGN-UP THREAD

Welcome one and all to the Links of Chaos: the Telling of the Eju discussion thread. Let me start out by saying that this is NOT a chat thread. If you want to talk about how bad your day was or how much homework you have to do, take it to PM/VM or another message board. The purpose of this board is for me to provide information that would take up space on the main RPG thread. It’s also a place where we can openly discuss the roleplay and how it’s progressing. I’ll be here to answer any questions you guys have as well.

((I’m looking for a co-owner for this RPG. It’s a lot of work for me to do by myself. You’ll be filled in on all the juicy details of the plot that are purposely left out here and you can help me flesh out the stuff I’m still working on. Just PM me and we’ll discuss it :cool: ))

Accepted Characters:

Anji Sakimari (Psychic Type)- played by Unicorn
Tobias Richmond (Steel Type)- played by RaZoR LeAf
Trevor Bencotti (Dark Type)- played by Floorman
Dekk Torey (Psychic Type)- played by locomo
Diego Vendrix (Electric Type)- played by DVB
Jason Kleese (Ground Type)- played by IatosHaunted
Nethalian (Neth) Cross (Grass Type)- played by Martin_
Avery Duster (Flying Type)- played by Ippika726
Jackie Mariner (Flying Type)- played by Razor Shiftry
Djeserit Ebonique (Bug Type)- played by Grassette
Scarlett Shelly (Fire Type)- played by Musical Mayhem

Currently 6 male characters and 5 females. Also, two psychics and two flying types. Please take this into consideration as you sign-up from now on. =)

Links of Chaos: The telling of the Eju (PG-13)

Desperate times call for desperate measures. A cliché statement perhaps, but one that fit the situation. Could they really put all their faith into this one action? The fate of every one of their species was on the line, and if their plan did not succeed there was no telling what could happen. The decision could ultimately decide their fate, but if they chose not to act then their kind would perish anyway. Desperation. That was the only word to describe how they felt, so they did the only thing they could. They took action…

Did you ever wonder why Pokemon are gifted with such amazing abilities, yet humans are not?
Did you ever wonder if Pokemon actually enjoyed battling for their trainers?
Did you ever wonder why Legendary Pokemon are always sleeping, hiding, or running away?

PROLOGUE

Sometime in the distant Future…

Tap. Tap. Tap. A man sat at his desk strumming his fingers on the surface, his knee bobbed up and down impatiently. His mouth was frozen in a frown and his eyes fixed on the clock ticking on the wall. He had been sitting there for a very long time, waiting for someone to come see him. He had an important matter to discuss. Why, of all times, did he have to be late today? Suddenly he heard the sound of approaching footsteps and he shifted his gaze to the door. He watched as the door knob slowly turned, and he stood up, relieved that his partner had finally arrived. When the door opened his face fell.

“Good evening Mr. Misoto. Were you expecting someone else?”

A man dressed in black armor stood in the doorway. His armor had a strange glowing pattern etched into it that seemed to be pulsing, like it was alive. His face was concealed by a mask, no, a helmet; only his mouth was visible. Before Mr. Misoto could react, the stranger touched his chest-plate. The spot where his finger made contact with the armor glowed for a moment and then a futuristic-looking phaser weapon materialized in his hand. Mr. Misoto froze with fear.

“Who are you?” he croaked, his hands clenched at his sides. He took a step backward, his leg hitting his armchair. Sweat dripped down the side of his face. If only he had known what he had gotten himself into. This conspiracy went far deeper than he could have ever imagined, and now his life was ending. Whatever happened to his partner, it couldn’t have been good. They had been found out. Now it was his turn to die.

“I think you know,” the armored man said, a crooked smile forming. Mr. Misoto stared at the armored man confusedly for a moment and then his face turned to one of shock.

“Wait! There must be some mistake! You’re-“

He never finished his sentence, because the armored man pulled the trigger and Mr. Misoto took a shot to the head. The man lowered his weapon and the smile ebbed from his face. The phaser dissolved without a trace.

“Things could have been different, Yashi Misoto. You could have been immortal, but you chose death instead. Pity. We could have used your brains. The Council of Eju probably wouldn’t accept you anyway,” he said, and turned to leave the room.

-----------​

"Uxie is gone"

"Yes, I am aware of that"

"...This is troubling"

"Do you suspect that these mysterious humans have found the origin?"

"I do not wish to jump to any conclusions, but this is a desperate situation"

"Are you suggesting we cast the Eju?"

"That may be our only option"

"We must hold council. Contact Giratina at once"

THE PLOT:

It is the distant future, and the world of Pokemon is a very different place. Technology has improved vastly. There are low-flying hoverboards, high-speed vehicles run by an advanced self-operating system, and robots run most of the low-end facilities. Human labor is almost unheard of unless you’re a scientist or a business man. Pokemon battling has become more advanced, where trainers can provide their partners with different power-ups to make them stronger or to change the tide of battle. Even human weaponry has been revamped. Thanks to the research of hard-working teams, the world has become a much better place… or at least, that’s what everyone thought.

The five regions of Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova are all ruled by a single empire: the Empire of Yoshotiro. While all the regions are part of this single empire, they retain their original names. The empire is not particularly strict or overpowering. Taxes are decent and the military hasn't participated in war for over ten years. Most people view their current monarch to be just and wise, but in recent times he has made less and less public appearances. It’s almost as if he disappeared from the world, and the citizens of Yoshotiro (that is, all the regions) are becoming worried.

On top of that, there have been many Pokemon disappearances in recent times. Even though the crime rate has stayed the same, there has been a strange increase in amnesia. Many people have been showing up at hospitals, sometimes only forgetting the last two weeks of their lives where others have forgotten who they are entirely. Along with this strange bout of Amnesia, some people have begun to develop strange abilities, on par with what a Pokemon might inhibit. One boy showed up at the hospital with burns on his face after casting what looked like a flamethrower attack. The situation remains a mystery.

There have also been rumors of strange men, clad in black armor with glowing patterns, seen lurking in the alleyways of the cities, but no one can truly confirm their existence. No one knows who they are, or where they came from, but they can only assume the worst. One man testified that he got “this kind of chill” when he saw one of them. So far, nothing definite can be confirmed about them.

To make matters worse, Yashi Misoto, a world-renowned research scientist and personal friend of the Emperor, was assassinated in his office late last Thursday night. The culprit left no clues about his or her identity. Even the autopsy revealed nothing. He had been shot, but the weapon was unidentifiable, unlike anything they had ever seen. The only thing the public knows is that he was killed and the killer is yet to be found. The government is aware that right before he died, he had been working on a research project involving Pokemon and was attempting to harness their abilities to create advanced weaponry. His previous research on Pokemon Biology and the development of the latest weapon model, the Lethal Crest (named so because it is considered the most advanced gun in the world, thus making it the pinnacle of weaponry), was what made him famous.

The legendary Pokemon of the world are also aware of the current situation happening on the Earth, and it’s not something they’re taking lightly. Their brethren are going missing, disappearing off the radar completely and undetectable to their godly senses. It’s like they’ve totally vanished into nonexistence. While the police attempt to find Misoto’s murderer, Arceus and Ho-oh, the leaders of the Pokemon species, are attempting to find their fellow Pokemon. Regular trainer Pokemon were not the only ones to vanish. Some of the less powerful legends have suddenly gone. Manaphy, the three Regi golems, Shaymin, and even Uxie have all disappeared completely, gone without a trace.

In all the chaos and confusion of their loss, the remaining legendary Pokemon have begun fighting with each other, trying to decide a plan of action without coming to an agreement. They held council in Giratina's Distortion Zone to escape detection but none of them could decide which course of action was the right one to take. Darkrai, for example, suggested killing every human until they found the one responsible, while Celebi begged for peace. Ho-oh and Arceus, however, know something that the other legendary Pokemon may not. They are reluctant to share it with the rest of them as it may stir up more discontent. Both of them are aware that it may be related to armor-clad humans.

All of them have seen the black armored humans prowling the streets, but as soon as they get close enough to study them, they seem to disappear. Giratina, the ruler of distortion has been detecting several breaches in his zone, but cannot pinpoint exactly where they are happening and when. The mysterious humans remain just that: a mystery. Mesprit recently picked up a distress signal from someone, though she couldn’t tell whether it was Pokemon or Human. When she tried to follow the voice, it vanished before she could find out who it was. As the being of emotion, she is troubled by this.

What was once a peaceful time is slowly becoming a time of darkness. People are starting to live in fear, shutting themselves indoors as if afraid they will catch the amnesia from others, like it's a disease. The intentions of these black armored people is unknown, and the emperor is doing nothing to abate their fears. Where do people turn? Can anything be done to solve this mystery or will it just be another passing phenomenon?

And as you are probably wondering: what the heck is Eju?

(Well, I can tell you that that last question will be answered very early in the roleplay)

Also, the armored men/women look something like this:

armored-man.png

(I just felt inspired to do a quick rendition and this was the result)​

HOW THE WORLD WORKS

Like I said before, the world is all futuristic and stuff. For the most part I’ll let you be creative with how advanced the technology is, but I will say that there are no flying cars or people (unless you have a giant bird Pokemon or something). Think more along the lines of moving sidewalks, robots, high-speed cars, flashy billboards etc.

There aren’t very many rural towns left in the world. I would say, out of all the towns, only Mahogany, Azalea, Verdanturf, Lavaridge, One to Three island, Twinleaf, White Forest, and Celestic are probably still rural.

The world is run by a single empire, called the Yoshotiro empire. Even though people still refer to the regions they live in by name, everywhere you go will be considered Yoshotiro. People have free speech for now, and while the empire is run by one man and his council of advisers, the economy is capitalistic.

Kids are still expected to go to school, so if you choose a younger character that’s where they’ll be for a while until they’re… uprooted.

Pokemon are still kept in Pokeballs, though the variety of Pokeballs has changed since then. There are many different kinds, but I will leave it up to you what those kinds are, as long as they aren't too "out there" (yes, master balls are still too rare for you to own one). In the current battle system, you send out as many Pokemon as you want into the arena. So if you have six Pokemon, you can send all of them out into the arena to fight at the same time. Battles are always contained, and they take place only in designated areas. Any battles that happen outside of a gym or a training facility is considered "reckless activity" and you can get an overnight stay in the jailhouse.

There are currently these items called orbs, that are basically small glowing spheres that Pokemon absorb into their bodies. They give the Pokemon a temporary boost of whatever the orb contains (sort of like X attack and X defense in the Pokemon games), but they can also alter a Pokemon’s appearance. For example, a Pikachu cannot normally learn water attacks, but if you happened to have a special kind of orb, you could give that to your Pikachu and during the course of the battle it would take on a more water-type Pokemon appearance and adapt its body in order to use those kinds of attacks. Again, I’ll let everyone be creative with the orbs (so long as you don’t get power-playing or anything). The technology is still relatively new but has been embraced by almost everyone.

Gyms still exist, but they are a little different than they were in the olden days. Rather than battling through a gym and then challenging a leader, trainers will demonstrate their abilities by performing certain tasks. In the Goldenrod City gym, for example, a trainer must traverse a maze, defeat the obstacles, and find the exit in a certain amount of time in order to qualify for a badge. The maze changes daily, so there is no way to memorize the track. You simply have to rely on your Pokemon. And once again, I'll let all of you be creative with how a certain gym works and what tasks you have to complete.

The Elite Four is now the Elite Five. There is one Elite per region (E.G. one for Kanto, one for Johto, one for Hoenn etc.). The Elite Five stand simply as figureheads for the region they protect. They report directly to the Emperor. Only a trainer who has gathered all eight badges from the corresponding region may challenge an Elite member. If a trainer defeats all five Elite members, they may qualify to become an Elite themselves and serve under the Emperor, though this hasn't happened in over ten years. Many trainers aspire to become an Elite, but it's a very difficult task, considering you have to collect 40 badges and defeat all five of the Elite.

Now, let me clarify what Eju is. I don't want to give everything away, because part of the roleplay needs to remain ambiguous for now. But Eju is basically a little glowing orb of concentrated chaos. It's what happens when a Pokemon is converted into its purest form and becomes energy that can be harnessed. The armor that all of these grunts are wearing is powered by this Eju. It isn't always in the form of an orb and can be transferred into the armor (through a highly scientific process of course) and is what gives the armor that weird glow when they use their abilities. it glows a different color depending on what type is being activated:

pea green- bug type
black to dark gray- dark type
indigo to violet- dragon type
yellow- electric type
red to dark red- fighting type
orange- fire type
lavender- flying type
medium violet- ghost type (can be confused with dragon type, but it's a little duller)
green to dark green- grass type
sandy brown- ground type
cyan- ice type
beige- normal type
purple- poison type
pink to hot pink- psychic type
brown to dark brown- rock type
silvery gray- steel type
blue- water type

I’ll add more as I think of it, but for now I think this is sufficient information.

YOUR PART

You play the part of a human, suddenly blessed with unusual abilities. Whether they are linked with the Pokemon disappearances in unknown, but all that matters is that suddenly you got a lot cooler (or maybe your character thinks it’s weird).

The abilities you possess are almost exact copies of what a Pokemon might possess, though with your human mind you can develop any sort of attack depending on how strong you are and what type you’ve been gifted with. The powers that you have directly correspond to a Pokemon's particular type. For example, if a fire type Pokemon would have fire attacks, you would too (if you were gifted with fire abilities). Maybe you were gifted with electric powers, or water perhaps?

What you don’t know: why you’ve been given these powers, or where they came from.

What you do know: in your area there have been sightings of these people in black armor, and Pokemon have been disappearing (maybe yours did too). A lot of people are getting amnesia and it’s kind of creepy. Mr. Misoto was murdered last Thursday and the culprit is yet to be identified. The emperor has been quiet lately.

You’ve only had your powers for about a week or less (or at least that’s where the roleplay starts) so you haven’t had that much time to develop your control over it, but you’re starting to get the hang of it. Chances are, you haven’t told anyone (but maybe you have?) but from what you can tell you’re the only one with these powers.

Of course, that’s about to change.

HOW THIS GOING DOWN, YO

Yeaahhhh. Here's a quick rundown of how I'll be running this thing.

First, the roleplay will take part in chapters. It's mostly a free-running roleplay where I release teasers and plot-twist-related posts amongst all the regular roleplay. You guys have free-range to roleplay. I'm just here for support and to help the plot move along if you're not getting it. Think of the roleplay as the road, and your character is the car driving on it. I am the stop sign or the yield sign or the green light. I'm going to assume you're a good driver and you know how to obey the law. Please no off-roading, even if you do have a Jeep for a character. Hahaha.

So anyway, while your character (and mine) is interacting with the other characters and attempting to solve the mystery, I'll be inserting things that will make it even more confusing! YAY! Like, you can be happily roleplaying and then I'll put a post about Ho-Oh randomly showing up and discovering something, or leaving behind evidence for you to discover (that's a really bad example. You'll understand it better when the roleplay starts). When I think the plot has developed to a certain point, I will announce the new chapter. When a new chapter starts, that's a sign that you are getting closer to solving the mystery or defeating the bad guys, whoever they might be.

The first chapter is appropriately titled: Eju

And I have to say, I am in love with my RPG. So, as long as there are still participants, I will be around to run it. I won't abandon you as long as you don't abandon me. We will go hand-in-hand and sing kumbaya and live happily ever after in harmony and everything is going to be perfect and dandy and marshmallows and kitties and butterflies and--

Sorry about that. I can be a little crazy sometimes, you know? Expect more of that. =k

Sign-ups are open indefinitely so you can join at any time in the roleplay as long as you can insert yourself without too much assistance (but that's what I'm here for, so if you ever get stuck in the roleplay just PM/VM me and I'll help you along if you need it).

Last edited:

Unicorn

Neigh.
Alright, time for an update post! Now that the roleplay is up and running and most of us have made a couple of posts, I'm going to release a little teaser for you all. I am a roleplayer, but I am also an artist. So I've made a little teaser image for all of you to look at and ponder while I write up the next big roleplay update:

capturing_light_by_mytriforce-d3czv7f.png

Muahahaha. I'm so evil, keeping you in the dark like this.​

Razor Shiftry

Cynthia = Porn Star
I'm guessing we are about to get attacked soon? If so, can I request it to happen near the docks or at Sea as my character has a sail boat and has stated that she's heading over to Dewford? I'm in the mood for an improvisational trying-to-escape battle...

Unicorn

Neigh.
I'm guessing we are about to get attacked soon? If so, can I request it to happen near the docks or at Sea as my character has a sail boat and has stated that she's heading over to Dewford? I'm in the mood for an improvisational trying-to-escape battle...

I'm debating how long I should wait, but yes, an attack is inevitable at some point. It will happen soon, but I don't know how long. It depends on what's happening in the roleplay at the time. I'll let you know when I stop being confused. XD

Also, in response to The Fad's question on the RPG thread (I'm no longer answering questions over there since it clogs up the thread), no you don't have to change your SU, though it would be a good idea. It's totally up to you. There's a link to your SU in the first post of this thread if you decide to edit it.

"What are you up to?" he asked no in particular as he prepared another Shock Wave.
DVB, what does this mean? You really confused me when you wrote that. Is Diego just crazy?

Last edited:

The Fad

Banned
Okay good, I probably will since I plan on evolving Yamask and Pawniard in the future and maybe catch new pokemon.

It would be good for an attack to happen soon for my character since he is heading into town with only Yamask and Rotom, who haven't seen any battle in the RP yet.

Ippika726

Pichu Piper
How can you post pictures on here? I drew a picture of my character and I like how it turned out. I want everyone to get a Visual of Avery, but I'm not sure how to do it. ^_^'

Unicorn

Neigh.
How can you post pictures on here? I drew a picture of my character and I like how it turned out. I want everyone to get a Visual of Avery, but I'm not sure how to do it. ^_^'
Do you see the icon with the mountain and the sun on it? That allows you to post a picture. Haha. Although if it's a large file, you may want to put some spoiler tags around it so it doesn't take up a large portion of the page/post.

Ippika726

Pichu Piper
Thank you! I'll get that up soon so everyone can see Ms. Avery. Yay!

Unicorn

Neigh.
I was feeling artsy earlier today so I decided to do this sketch of Sacchio. BEHOLD:

sacchio.png

And there ya have it. I will probably do some more of this type of thing in the future. When I face writer's block I just make art instead. This is a direct result of that. It also happens the other way around. When I can't draw, I write. Hahaha.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Sorry for my absence for the last couple days, school's been a real thorn in my side. Making a post now. :) Also, I'm an artist too, so I'll do a sketch of Jason.

Unicorn

Neigh.
Sorry for my absence for the last couple days, school's been a real thorn in my side. Making a post now. :) Also, I'm an artist too, so I'll do a sketch of Jason.
That's alright. We all get busy at some point or another.

YES! -high five- Artsists ftw. Let's all draw our characters!

Speaking of which, I doodled some more characters today (NPCs mostly) that I will reveal at a later time... mostly because they haven't been introduced yet. Ha...

Grassette

Treehugger
Yeah, I'll draw my character when I get time away from homework. I doodled my character last night and my entire team on paper, and since my camera is dead I'll redraw it on Adobe.
I'm a dA artist as well (insert cheering :3) so I might upload something during the term end, since I have nothing better to do.
http://oasistiger.deviantart.com/
Yeah I dont have too much on there >_> but there shall be more! I promise.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Also, I noticed while I was absent everyone got a couple days ahead of me in in-game time. Should I do an extra-long post to catch up, or just not worry about it since none of the characters have met yet?

Ippika726

Pichu Piper
I need to upload my art. And I just bought a new scanner too! As soon as I can catch a breather from finals stuffs, I'll put it up. lol This is always crunch time for student players. Haha!

Grassette

Treehugger
Also, I noticed while I was absent everyone got a couple days ahead of me in in-game time. Should I do an extra-long post to catch up, or just not worry about it since none of the characters have met yet?

Hmm... I would try catch up a bit, just so your in level with everyone else like they are right now.

I need to upload my art. And I just bought a new scanner too! As soon as I can catch a breather from finals stuffs, I'll put it up. lol This is always crunch time for student players. Haha!

Scannerrr *eyes shine* I think my printer scans but I don't want to fiddle with it too much... it's my dad's property. And indeed, it's crunch time ^-^

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I'm in the middle of writing my next post, just been a bit busy with work lately I haven't been in a writing mode.

But since my character is planning on hitting all the Gyms, I though I'd keep a list of what I'm imagining them as, so other people can use it as a reference. Then if people visit other Gyms, I'll add them to this list, and it'll be a complete list for everyone to see.

Kanto

Johto
Violet City - ? Badge - Demonstrate style and sophistication, in action and in rest
Golden Rod City - ? Badge - Traverse a maze, defeat the obstacles, and find the exit in a certain amount of time
Blackthorn City - ? Badge - Traditional battle against a team of Dragon pokemon

Hoenn

Sinnoh

Unova

locomo

Want a hug? :)
My character already battled a unova gym.

Anville city - ? badge - 1 of challengers pokemon VS 3 of gym leaders pokemon.

Dekk lost.

Last edited:

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
I'm planning on Jason challenging the Mauville gym soon, and I can give you the info for it now.

Mauville City - ? badge - Challenger fights one Pokemon of each type; Steel, Ice, Rock. Battlefield is randomly based on one of those three types.

Razor Shiftry

Cynthia = Porn Star
I was going to get Jackie to challenge the Dewford Gym

My Idea for it was it:

Your entire pokemon team vs the gym leaders at the same time. So if you have 2 pokemon, it would be a double battle, and if you have 6, it would be an all out 6 vs 6 battle.

It would take place on the beach, since that's that dewford is known for, the beaches and the waves...

Unicorn

Neigh.
Hmm... I would try catch up a bit, just so your in level with everyone else like they are right now.
I concur. Catch yourself up and then try posting after that. It's better to have a short post where you know what's going on than a long post about something that happened way long ago. Hahaha.

@RaZoR LeAf- Thanks for doing that. I might just snatch that list and put in the first post so that all the information is in the same place. Or I can link to your post if you'd rather.

@IatosHaunted- That could work. I'd say go for it.

@Razor Shiftry- That's a cool idea. I keep hoping the Pokemon games would go that route. I'd love to have a six on six battle, but three is as far as we've gotten so far. Haha. I mean, realistically, if you had a team of six Pokemon and you had to defend yourself (from an evil team or something), wouldn't you just send out all of them? It makes waaaay more sense.

BTW, I'm loving the creativity, guys. Keep it up!