• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lisa Ortiz's family house burned down; donation drive to help fix it

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
https://twitter.com/Lisalisejam/status/1168964821875855360?s=20

In case the Tweet doesn't show up, its text is as follows:
"Hey folks! While I've been out in Texas this weekend for San japan, my brother's house burned. Thankfully fam is safe, but there was a lot of damage & they lost their kitty. I'm with them now. For those who asked, sharing this. Thanks everyone. <3 <3<3

https://www.gofundme.com/f/1qranbkc...edium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet"

She needs help to have her family's house rebuilt.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Mods, do you think we should have this stickied?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
.... not to be a complete butt but what does this have to do with PAD? I don’t even hear people talking about other more known voice actresses here. Just to clarify, this thread just feels out of place and should be moved to another sub forum like the Miscellaneous Discussion.

I’m truly sorry for what happened to her and her family. It’s horrific losing your family house to a fire. I hope her family finds another permanent place to call their own and were able to recover their important and sentimental valuables.

Lunalah

.... not to be a complete butt but what does this have to do with PAD? I don’t even hear people talking about other more known voice actresses here. Just to clarify, this thread just feels out of place and should be moved to another sub forum like the Miscellaneous Discussion.

And to add to this, why is she asking for donations when she herself is probably loaded with money given her position and could probably finance the repairs herself instead of asking fans of the show i.e. mostly kids to help cover the costs?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
And to add to this, why is she asking for donations when she herself is probably loaded with money given her position and could probably finance the repairs herself instead of asking fans of the show i.e. mostly kids to help cover the costs?
You're assuming that:
She has loads of money.
She hasn't given a sum of money herself.
She is asking kids to cover costs.

On that last note, twitter and gofundme aren't really kids sites.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Sorry for her brother's/family's loss, but, uh, she kind of sounds too...happy in her message supposed to grieve?

She works for the English dub of the Pokemon anime.

AKA the McDonalds of voice actors. Doesn't exactly hand out enough income.

Now, if this was the Japanese dub, hoo boy, she would be rich enough to afford 5 houses.