• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

List of Continuity References

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I almost forgot these two showed up in SM from the XY series. I can thank some guy on Twitter for pointing this out.
D33MP18WkAAX_v2
D33MRxLWAAARH-c
D33MTsmXoAAgjmy

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Dunno if anyone has mentioned this, but Pikachu’s moveset is a continuity reference in itself. Since AG, it has been consistent with its moveset, replacing Volt Tackle in BW, then keeping Electro Ball until getting Electroweb in SM, which it still has today along with Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, and Quick Attack

Cradily19

This is more of a nod, but Pikachu beating Mightyena in the Hoenn tournament ep was probably a homage to the first Pokemon Advance opening, where Pikachu defeats a Mightyena in a stadium. Note that Ash never battled a Mightyena in an official battle in all of AG, so this was probably a nod to that.

Red and Blue

In regards to Ash vs. Hoji it's actually very similar to Ash's match with Hala. Both times Ash swept with Rowlet and Mr. Mime technically not being defeated.

Both Hoji and Hala even used a Hariyama

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
PM001:
-Ash's first meeting with Pikachu

PM002:
-Ash's Z-Power Ring with Pikashunium Z , Gym Badges, Frontier Symbols, Alola League Trophy, and other achievements

PM009:
- Flashback to Ash's first encounter with Ho-Oh

PM012:
- Lance appears with his Red Gyarados

PM018:
- Flashback to all Kanto Gym Leaders during Ash’s journey
- Flashback to Ash's gym battle with Lt. Surge

PM021:
-Pikachu recognizes Professor Elm
-Ash says he has seen eggs before
-Ash's Aura Ability

PM025:
- Korrina appears with her Mega Lucario

Master Pikachu 11

PM001:
-Ash's first meeting with Pikachu

PM002:
-Ash's Z-Power Ring with Pikashunium Z , Gym Badges, Frontier Symbols, Alola League Trophy, and other achievements

PM009:
- Flashback to Ash's first encounter with Ho-Oh

PM012:
- Lance appears with his Red Gyarados

PM018:
- Flashback to all Kanto Gym Leaders during Ash’s journey
- Flashback to Ash's gym battle with Lt. Surge

PM021:
-Pikachu recognizes Professor Elm
-Ash says he has seen eggs before
-Ash's Aura Ability

PM025:
- Korrina appears with her Mega Lucario
Ash’s Pikachu takes on a Raichu and stands on its tail like it did against Lt. Surge’s Raichu

Cradily19

Sad news, Ash asked how does Wurmple/Silcoon evolve into Beautifly in today's episode. I can't recall but did Ash see May's Beautifly evolve? I don't remember. Either way he knew she had a Silcoon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Sad news, Ash asked how does Wurmple/Silcoon evolve into Beautifly in today's episode. I can't recall but did Ash see May's Beautifly evolve? I don't remember. Either way he knew she had a Silcoon.
He was there but I wouldn’t hold it against him since there’s no clear method in the anime

Red and Blue

Yup. He witnessed May's Silcoon evolving in Hoenn

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
To be fair, it's understandable.

Even in games Wurmple's evolutions are a crapshoot lol

I think it depends on their nature's. But their nature's are a little harder to pin down in the anime so I don't blame Ash for not knowing how Wurmple evolves