• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

List of Continuity References

diakyu

What the heck are even these answers? It doesn't matter if you like them or not. I don't care about them either. We are talking about continuity and good writing here, not our tastes.
"Continuity" and "good writing" have nothing to do with objective facts in this fanbase lmao. No one cares about those mons and bringing them back up would not be good writing, It'd be "oh yeah remember how totally crap this part of BW was". I don't think good writing is remembering the viewer of times when it was not good.

I was going for a joke, but I stand by the claim that no one cares about those mons.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
"Continuity" and "good writing" have nothing to do with objective facts in this fanbase lmao. No one cares about those mons and bringing them back up would not be good writing, It'd be "oh yeah remember how totally crap this part of BW was". I don't think good writing is remembering the viewer of times when it was not good.

I was going for a joke, but I stand by the claim that no one cares about those mons.
I invite you to open a thread listing "objective facts in this fanbase". That'd be fun.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
I'm more concerned about Galarian Weezing's eventual debut, if Team Rocket are around they just have to have James reminisce about his first Pokemon!
I honestly don't care about Galarian Weezing unless James is around and fanboying about it like he did with the Chingling in DP.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a reaction considering the fact that he never owned a Galarian Matadogas and only had the original version [which looks positively pretty compared to that other monstrosity], which was such a long time ago anyway that the writers could easily get away with ignoring it.

Cradily19

I mean there's usually not much continuity with old characters/pokemon mentioned unless they show up, even in older series. Ash didn't mention his Treecko/Sceptile when Shota had one in XY. In early DP, neither Ash nor Brock said to Dawn they traveled with a coordinator before in DP3-4 despite traveling with May only 4 episodes prior. I remember in early DP people being seemingly annoyed May got no references/mentions until she showed up, which wasn't until 75 eps into the series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu111213 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/gogglemaster11/status/1252313203880550401

Apparently Oldale Town’s Pokémon center looked really similar to back in AG. Almost the Same building just redone a bit.

That seems rather lazy of the animators, although this isn't the first time that they've pretty much copied and pasted a scene from an earlier episode. I'm not sure if this really counts as continuity however since the buildings are obviously meant to be in different towns.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
That seems rather lazy of the animators, although this isn't the first time that they've pretty much copied and pasted a scene from an earlier episode. I'm not sure if this really counts as continuity however since the buildings are obviously meant to be in different towns.

Both buildings are the same Pokemon Center in the same towm, being Oldale Town. How is it lazy to make them similar when they're literally meant to be the same building in the same place?

Leonhart

Imagineer
ShinyCharyZard said:
Both buildings are the same Pokemon Center in the same towm, being Oldale Town. How is it lazy to make them similar when they're literally meant to be the same building in the same place?

Because it's not the same place: the new image is from Mishiro Town's new Pokemon Center, not Kotoki Town's.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Can we consider movesets as continuity? Pikachu's movesets are consistent in every series (OS-AG, AG-DP, DP-BW, BW-XY, XY-SM, SM-19)...

Paree

XY: Ash comes to Kalos with Alexa, a journalist whom he met in BW series.
XY: Cilan meets Clemont, talks about his journey with Ash, does not mention his name.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
I mean there's usually not much continuity with old characters/pokemon mentioned unless they show up, even in older series. Ash didn't mention his Treecko/Sceptile when Shota had one in XY. In early DP, neither Ash nor Brock said to Dawn they traveled with a coordinator before in DP3-4 despite traveling with May only 4 episodes prior. I remember in early DP people being seemingly annoyed May got no references/mentions until she showed up, which wasn't until 75 eps into the series.

This is false. A lot of them may not be mentioned by name, but there’s still continuity. Ash and Brock both already being aware of what a coordinator is for example. And there wasn’t really ever a need for them to mention May before she showed up since Dawn never asked.

Other continuity references from other series include, but are not limited to:

-Max recognizing Ash from the Johto League
-Ash talking about Misty and the lure she gave him
-Ash talking to that kid at the Twinleaf Festival about his Heracross and even mentioning how it loved to eat Bulbasaur’s sap
-Ash’s aura
-Brock being a gym leader
-Brock’s Onix
-Brock’s relationship with his father
-May’s rivals and family watching her compete in the Wallace cup.
-James obsessing over a Chingling
-Ash reminiscing his farewell to Butterfree
-James remembering Jessibelle and subsequently freaking out
-Meowth mentioning the female Meowth he fell in love with that spurred him into learning how to talk
-Ash remembering Dawn’s Piplup
-Ash mentioning how Cilan was similar to Brock.
And much much more...

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
This is false. A lot of them may not be mentioned by name, but there’s still continuity. Ash and Brock both already being aware of what a coordinator is for example. And there wasn’t really ever a need for them to mention May before she showed up since Dawn never asked.

Other continuity references from other series include, but are not limited to:

-Max recognizing Ash from the Johto League
-Ash talking about Misty and the lure she gave him
-Ash talking to that kid at the Twinleaf Festival about his Heracross and even mentioning how it loved to eat Bulbasaur’s sap
-Ash’s aura
-Brock being a gym leader
-Brock’s Onix
-Brock’s relationship with his father
-May’s rivals and family watching her compete in the Wallace cup.
-James obsessing over a Chingling
-Ash reminiscing his farewell to Butterfree
-James remembering Jessibelle and subsequently freaking out
-Meowth mentioning the female Meowth he fell in love with that spurred him into learning how to talk
-Ash remembering Dawn’s Piplup
-Ash mentioning how Cilan was similar to Brock.
And much much more...

Especially when certain plot points like Misty's lure and Ash Butterfree have been brought back 3 times

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Do we not count the fact that ash sorta has his aura/aura powers from the lucario movie?

He didn't use his powers, they just referenced he has one, which isn't inherently a reference because all living beings possess an Aura.