• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

List of Continuity References

Egakor

We have another SM continuity in episode 26 of Journey.
j6ylh0I.png

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
I noticed something with a few of the Vermilion City backgrounds. Not continuity, but a using a BW design as a reference.

BW141:
Vermilion_City_anime.png

JN015: (This one has more changes)
vermilion.PNG

JN030:
Ed4XcCvXYAANMON.jpeg

Last edited:

Mew29240

I noticed something with a few of the Vermilion City backgrounds

JN030:
Ed4XcCvXYAANMON.jpeg

The first two definitely look identical. This last one doesn't seem to be the same location, though. The right side should have a few tables on an elevated platform.

Evstike

The first two definitely look identical. This last one doesn't seem to be the same location, though. The right side should have a few tables on an elevated platform.
The second one has more variations on the textures but keeps the tables. The third one shares more similarities including the billboard but is missing the tables.

Animac

That is because is wasn't meant to be the same location. It is probably not a reference either. It's just that the background artists used the same image as reference. There's probably even more scenes with backgrounds inspired in that same place, but with further changes to acomodate to the location the characters are in.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I mean, they're both big cities, so it shouldn't be that weird that they have similar architecture.

Evstike

I mean, they're both big cities, so it shouldn't be that weird that they have similar architecture.
They're all in the same city.

What I posted isn't continuity or a reference, but I thought it was interesting that they used a reference for Vermilion City backgrounds from BW.