• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

List of Continuity References

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
I guess you could also add Steven returning in XY, but honestly, he hardly felt like the same character. They even changed his voice in Japanese, which isn't the most common thing.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I guess you could also add Steven returning in XY, but honestly, he hardly felt like the same character. They even changed his voice in Japanese, which isn't the most common thing.
To be fair, AG steven was a glorified CotD

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
DP series:
  • May guesting...
BW series:
  • Brock and Cilan knows Ash...
  • Ash remembering all of his friends...
  • Groupfie of Ash and his reserves from Prof. Oak's lab...
  • Ash knows Clair...
  • Ash knows Cynthia...
  • Dawn guesting...
XY series:
  • Alexa...
  • Cilan and Clemont knows Ash...
SM series:
  • TRio calling Ash, Misty and Brock as the original twerps...
2019 series:
  • Z-Power Ring and Pikashunium Z, as well as the Masked Royal exhibition trophy, are present in Ash's dresser...
All series:
  • Ash and TRio knowing each other...

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Not actually mentioned to be anything related to him having powers, it's most likely just Riolu calling for him through auras, but could be a nod for older fans at least.

Well, we did see that Ash was releasing some kind of energy whenever he went into battle-mode.
Even the first time that Riolu (from inside its egg) called Ash was because it sensed Ash's energy which he released during battle against the Tauros.
Riolu also sensed the same energy again when Ash & Pikachu started to fight against the Onix, after which when Ash & Riolu started fighting the Onix, Riolu seems to be using the energy released from Ash to boost its own power (i mean how the Vacuum Wave which wasn't able to damage that Onix suddenly become powerful enough to even scare that same Onix away, once Ash joined up with Riolu).

Rohanator

Well, we did see that Ash was releasing some kind of energy whenever he went into battle-mode.
Even the first time that Riolu (from inside its egg) called Ash was because it sensed Ash's energy which he released during battle against the Tauros.
Riolu also sensed the same energy again when Ash & Pikachu started to fight against the Onix, after which when Ash & Riolu started fighting the Onix, Riolu seems to be using the energy released from Ash to boost its own power (i mean how the Vacuum Wave which wasn't able to damage that Onix suddenly become powerful enough to even scare that same Onix away, once Ash joined up with Riolu).
That can just be a visual representation for Riolu sensing Satoshi's spirit through aura, not him literally sending off energy waves.

Look, obviously you guys who are invested into the whole aura idea will want to interpret this as your ideal scenario and that's fine, just rationally speaking it doesn't seem like they're going anywhere with it so don't get your hopes too high, it might just be a nod.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
That can just be a visual representation for Riolu sensing Satoshi's spirit through aura, not him literally sending off energy waves.

Look, obviously you guys who are invested into the whole aura idea will want to interpret this as your ideal scenario and that's fine, just rationally speaking it doesn't seem like they're going anywhere with it so don't get your hopes too high, it might just be a nod.

Well, since it haven't been clarified yet, but it could go either way aka., it could hint with Ash having Aura or not having it.
This would all become clear if Riolu later on is only able to sense something from Ash, or if he is also able to sense the "spirit" of other trainers or not. If he is able to sense the "spirit" from other trainers as well, then that mean Ash probably doesn't have Aura, if Ash is the only one from whom Riolu could sense it, then its something different and definitely not just "Spirit".

Remember, it has been already mentioned before (during DP and the Lucario Movie), that while Ash's Aura is similar to the one that the Riolu/Lucario species uses, but Ash can't use that Aura normally (like Aaron and Riley could) and can only sense it.
So, whether Ash has it or not, it doesn't really matter in this current series, since Ash isn't going to become an "Aura Guardian". Its just that people are checking if there is any continuity or not from earlier Sagas.

Rohanator

Elm is more of a reference to the games, they said he was the one who first discovered Pokemon eggs (since eggs were introduced in gen 2) which was never mentioned in the anime before, so I wouldn't really count that as anime continuity (like yeah he was in the anime, but that's not why he was brought up). But yeah this series will surely have more little bits here and there than most.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Elm is more of a reference to the games, they said he was the one who first discovered Pokemon eggs (since eggs were introduced in gen 2) which was never mentioned in the anime before, so I wouldn't really count that as anime continuity (like yeah he was in the anime, but that's not why he was brought up). But yeah this series will surely have more little bits here and there than most.
Still, if a character from Johto is appearing, then it is continuity! Reason you mentioned is plausible, but the fact won't change!

D

Deleted member 384931

I mean if they reference Elm (still the most underused professor both game and anime) I am sure Sycamore or Kakui will be referenced

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
XY also had a very brief scene of two reporters/camerapeople who looked very similar to the pair in Spell of the Unown

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

I mean if they reference Elm (still the most underused professor both game and anime) I am sure Sycamore or Kakui will be referenced
Kakui will appear in this series, there is no way Ash will not go visit him as he and Burnett are like a second family to him and they have his Pokémon. I will tell you what I am going to make a bet if we don’t see Ash meeting and Interacting with Professor Kakui at anytime that Ash is in Alola then I will put any Pokémon of anybody’s choice as my profile pic, it can be any Pokémon that I don’t like or care for. I am going to pull an @Ignition who said that Torracat would evolve before the SM series ended. So we will see Professor Kakui again before this series ends. Ok I’m keeping my word and can’t go back on it

Last edited:

Scheper

The Lugia from the seconde episode of Pokémon 2019 might be the same Lugia from M02. If you consider that it's cry from that episode and the cry from the episode in which Mew is transformed (into that exact same Lugia?) have the same cries from M02 (which they didn't use for any Lugia appearances in the anime if I recall correctly). They did also mention in the latest episode that Ash was hearing that Lugia speaking to him. How many of those Lugia's have we seen which can talk and have the same cry as the M02 Lugia. It could be a coincidence, but it seems weird why they would change Lugia's appearance at this point.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Ash had Misty-shaped lure in DP series