• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

List of Unpopular Opinions

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It's not the price that's the issue. It's the terrible services offered for the price. The online is still peer-to-peer which is exactly the way it was before the service began. NES games are the only retro games offered. Save data back-ups are locked behind the service and aren't even compatible with every game. It's a mess, and I don't understand how people can defend it unless they want good boy points.

To be fair, that isn't an unpopular opinion on this board. Most people on these forums have nothing but praise for LGPE.
Fair enough. I'm mainly only getting it for online. And if it ever went to the price point that Sony has theirs at... I wouldn't bother.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Wasn't much of a fan how they handled the Team Flare storyline in XYZ. In fact. I'd have to say XYZ's best storyline is actually how Ash & Greninja progress together. The epic blow to Mega Abomasnow by Battle Bond Greninja was amazing. It felt like a proper built-up you'd expect from Pokemon Adventures not the anime so I was pretty surprised how much the XY season reminded me of Pokemon Adventures through these kind of moments. In fact, I even honestly think Team Rocket's episodic storylines had more character and plot development than the Team Flare storyline. It's actually pretty strange actually. I think the Team Flare storyline was the ONLY storyline that felt out-of-place in the XYZ season. It's strange because the Team Flare storyline was one of the few story elements in the anime that is actually loosely based on the games.

Luthor

I like the fact that the Let's go exclusive moves had ridiculous names. It means it is likely these will be kept exclusive which to be honest is probably a good thing as many would be insanely powerful if used by stronger pokemon and that would take away from the specialness of the partner pokemon if they go shared around.

Don't know if this is unpopular, but Totem Pokemon should've been immune to status afflictions. That you can just poison them and wait it out is a little cheap, though admittedly I appreciated it during a Nuzzlocke and Ultra Necrozma was unbeatable for me otherwise. Still this is a problem for uncatchable wild bosses.

Luthor

Another probably unpopular one from me is I love the new Elite 4 teams in let's go. I think the additions really make it more fun even with the limitation of pokemon choices. Not just the Alolan Forms (which was something I was hoping for prior to the game's release) but also changing the teams so there is less repetition I found to be a good addition. Not the first games to change the lineups up a bit but I figured they might keep them exactly the same for nostalgia.

shoz999

I never understood the obsession with shiny's. I get the re-colorings of Pokemon are pretty cool but there pretty much just the same Pokemon in the end. In fact you have a better chance of catching a regular Pokemon with amazing stats than you do of catching a shiny with random stats. I get the idea of being shocked when you see a shiny during a regular playthrough and absolutely want to catch it regardless of nature but to the point of shiny-hunting them for long hours?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I never understood the obsession with shiny's. I get the re-colorings of Pokemon are pretty cool but there pretty much just the same Pokemon in the end. In fact you have a better chance of catching a regular Pokemon with amazing stats than you do of catching a shiny with random stats. I get the idea of being shocked when you see a shiny during a regular playthrough and absolutely want to catch it regardless of nature but to the point of shiny-hunting them for long hours?

Shiny Pokémon are simply an unnatural phenomenon. Having a black Charizard while most if not everyone else has an orange one makes it seem cool and you get a sense of pride getting a 1/*insert number depending on generation* Pokémon. As for the stats, some people could careless about competitive so you could use the "idk why people like x" argument for stats as you are for competitive. It's a challenge to get one & you could use them as bragging rights.

shoz999

Shiny Pokémon are simply an unnatural phenomenon. Having a black Charizard while most if not everyone else has an orange one makes it seem cool and you get a sense of pride getting a 1/*insert number depending on generation* Pokémon. As for the stats, some people could careless about competitive so you could use the "idk why people like x" argument for stats as you are for competitive. It's a challenge to get one & you could use them as bragging rights.
Ah. So it's out of a sense of pride. Fair enough.

Yureishi

Where do I start? Hum...
- Chikorita is my favourite starter.
- I would like a new Fire/Fighting starter.
- Johto is my favourite region.
- Whitney is my favourite gym leader.
- Miltank is glorious.
- Lickilicky is awesome.
- I quite like the cavern/mountain places requiring Flash to get through.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
As for the stats, some people could careless about competitive so you could use the "idk why people like x" argument for stats as you are for competitive. It's a challenge to get one & you could use them as bragging rights.

I'm pretty sure the majority of pokemon players couldn't care less about competitive, compared to shinies at least.

Ignition

I'm pretty sure the majority of pokemon players couldn't care less about competitive, compared to shinies at least.
Still is a matter of preference so the general enjoyment for either doesn't change my point

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Karen's quote is horrendously overrated.
The Eviolite should have never been created, as the whole point of evolving is to get stronger, not to be outclassed by the pre-evolutions.

Ignition

Karen's quote is horrendously overrated.
The Eviolite should have never been created, as the whole point of evolving is to get stronger, not to be outclassed by the pre-evolutions.
I agree so much on the Karen quote. Nothing stops you from using your favorites but you shouldn't be surprised if your Delibird can't stand up to tough opponents. Same goes for the Eviolite as I personally hate the item

Luthor

I think they should release the gems as a special event like they are doing with the berries. It would shake up the game a little bit and add a bit of additional fun. I know a lot of people don't care about the gems (especially since the nerf) but I still think they could be fun.

Ignition

I think they should release the gems as a special event like they are doing with the berries. It would shake up the game a little bit and add a bit of additional fun. I know a lot of people don't care about the gems (especially since the nerf) but I still think they could be fun.
I second this. It made Unburden Pokémon fun to use

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I second this. It made Unburden Pokémon fun to use
I feel like the gems were precursors/inspiration for the Z Crystals considering, at its core, they function like the gems in that they power up moves a lot. That and Gen VI had only the Normal Gem which could imply that they had an idea for powered up moves as an integral part of a future generation for a while. Just my thoughts lol (and I agree about the gems although I like how the Z moves can also be used for beneficial support too!)

shoz999

Honestly I think Amourshipping and Pokeshipping are pretty overrated. Understandable why people like it but overall, overrated.

Orphalesion

Honestly I think Amourshipping and Pokeshipping are pretty overrated. Understandable why people like it but overall, overrated.

I think the whole of the Pokemon anime is pretty much awful and pointless. And Pokemon Origins (that animation mini series from 2013) isn't any better since their version of Red is just as much of an obnoxious moron as Ash is.