1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

List of Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Zhydra, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

I think Pokémon Conquest is way too easy to finish. Exploiting the game without any cheating devices is laughably easy that I completed the entire game twice in Less than two days.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

New unpopular opinion.

The Sun and Moon manga is pretty bad.

I know it isn't finished, but a lot of things are rushed, things come out of nowhere with no explanation and it took what was a good story from the games and completely butchered it.

3. shoz999

shoz999 It's a Brooklyn episode. So turn on the subtitles.

I understand how you feel but what do you mean by how things come out of nowhere with no explanation? Any examples that come to mind?

4. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

For starters the second Cosmog. No explanation as to where it came from, no build up what so ever before that reveal.

Next, Gladion's injuries from Type: Null evolving, there was no sign of him getting hurt before this was brought up and it seemed to exist just to cause drama and nothing else.

shoz999 likes this.
  5. shoz999

If it's going by the games, I have a good feeling where that second Cosmog came from, the Lake of the Sunne or Moon area. It's just a theory but I don't think he's going to leave that unexplained. As for Gladion's injuries, I honestly don't recall that happening but if it did, I probably forgot about it because it wasn't that big of a deal.

6. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

It happened at chapter 26 with what Wicke mentioned.

That was the chapter I really got angry with because NOTHING happened during the half a year time skip that could have happened during... a week!

7. AgentKallus

AgentKallus That cool dude

The box in the bag from pikavee should not be brought back for Sword and shield.

8. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Un popular opinion:
    I think SM series is boring with an ugly artstyle. Waiting for it to end already

9. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ I'm hunting Ryoko!

That's not an unpopular opinion

Zhydra and Dragalge like this.
  10. janejane6178

Oh really? I thought many ppl like this series in this forum o.o

11. Dragalge

Dragalge of the forums

I would say every series (apart from BW) is somewhat more popular than unpopular/very popular =p

janejane6178 and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  12. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

And the fact that this is the THIRD time Janejane6178 posted that on this thread!

Dragalge likes this.
  13. janejane6178

Lolz u got me confused hehe

14. janejane6178

Omg really?? I swear I didnt remember lmao
    Omg

15. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ I'm hunting Ryoko!

I didn't think Delphox has a bad design.

I dislike Greninja

Trubbish and the Vanillite line have interesting designs

Mallow isn't that bad for a supporting main character.

Lillie is interesting and her personality is entertaining and I like all of her counterparts equally.

Zhydra likes this.
  16. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

I feel Generation 8 should bring Pokemon in a darker direction than before. We've never had a T-rated Pokemon game. There's a first time for everything.

17. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Lol the target audience is below teens

18. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

LOL! The hate is strong with this one.

To be honest, I don’t really like Greninja either, despite Froakie being one of my favorite Pokémon. I’ll admit, it could mostly be because of its overratedness (same with Frogadier.)

I did think about this at some point. But then a T-rating or higher would mean including things like blood and gore, drug references, sexual themes, language, etc. Basically none of which I’d want to see in something like Pokémon. Just maybe in a spin-off, but still, not really.

By darker, I would see it more in terms of the story, like how it was done in BW and SM, which are already pretty dark when you think deeply about them.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 4:34 AM
    janejane6178 likes this.
  19. shoz999

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion but sometimes I think fans get "dark" confused with "mature". For example, the Pokemon Adventures series is described as "dark" but it really isn't that dark compare to something like Harry Potter which was at one time hyped about for having a lot of deaths of important characters near the series finale, rather Pokemon Adventures is a light-hearted but mature take on the Pokemon series willing to explore all sorts of boundaries in the Pokemon world. I feel lots of fans growing up with the series don't really want something dark but rather just want a mature take on the Pokemon series that still keeps that light-hearted magic around.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 4:21 AM
    Sceptrigon likes this.
  20. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Unpopular, huh?

Charizard was no longer cool the second Stealth Rock showed up.
    Your memories, politics and/or identity is not a reason something Pokémon-related was better or worse.
    Pokémon is a overtly homophobic and transphobic franchise in regards to not including LGBT main or supporting characters confirmed verbatim(implied is not conformation, and the Beauty/Battle Girl duo are not characters in the sense I'm getting at), and not having Attract and Captivate occasionally(35% chance at least) work with same sex or nongendered usage.
    Vivillon's Fancy and Poké Ball Patterns should be seasonally released.
    A game mode working as an enemy team member should be an option/DLC in every game from now on.
    Meloetta's Red Shoes should be released as an item that allows it to remain in Pirouette Form indefinitely.
    Metronome, Tri Attack and Secret Power should be TMs or Move Tutors permanently, along with all other past TM, HM and Move Tutor Moves.
    Nuzlockes are clickbait crap.
    All banned things in the anime(The Porygon line, Kadabra, Earthquake, Fissure and Lava Plume) should be unbanned(Uri Geller should be sent to an asylum and his claim to Kadabra invalidated)
    China should be pulled out of as a market by Nintendo(and all other bodies) so the rest of the world isn't censored by their government(The money isn't worth the domination).
    Pokémon as a fandom has a huge problem with toxic fans and pedophiles.
    Razor Wind should be buffed to justify its charge turn.
    Pokémon needs a social link system similar to but better than Persona's system crossed with the Bomber's Notebook from The Legend of Zelda:Majora's Mask.
    Pokémon ReBURST should be a full spin-off game or BURST should be a game mechanic.
    Super Contests should have a Battle Round instead of a dance round in the inevitable Sinnoh remake.
    GF should let Pokémon cross over with more Nintendo titles more fully.
    The player character should have an option to be "ugly", "fat", or other nontraditional body types.
    Enemy Teams should have firearms if Pokémon fail them(Realistic criminals), leading to the player character playing a "disarming" quicktime event/minigame without Pokémon(Pokémon fear weapons).
    Pokémon should have an optional alignment/morality system
    Reveal Looker's real name already!
    More Nintendo references wouldn't hurt!
    A Social Media system should be added into Pokémon as a multi-purpose mechanic.
    Reveal where Agatha is after Gen I, please...
    Random Quick-Time Events, charging and changing moves via controller input would allow for the battle system to evolve beyond the stagnant formula and allow a dodging mechanic.
    Voice Acting should be in Pokémon for all important characters and all Pokémon.
    Fashion items shouldn't be version or sex-exclusive.
    Enemy Team Uniforms should be fashion items or free DLC.
    You should be able to have the option of having psychic powers or other Trainer class-specific abilities, aptitudes and/or skills.
    An item that allows you to change a ability to a Hidden one as a expensive post-game item(At least triple the cost of a "standard" Ability Capsule).