• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

List of Unpopular Opinions

Orphalesion

Lillie is interesting and her personality is entertaining and I like all of her counterparts equally.

I thought Lillie was popular?

I feel Generation 8 should bring Pokemon in a darker direction than before. We've never had a T-rated Pokemon game. There's a first time for everything.

And what do you mean by a "darker direction"? A lot of people are wishing and demanding for that, but they hardly ever explain what they mean by "darker".

1.China should be pulled out of as a market by Nintendo(and all other bodies) so the rest of the world isn't censored by their government(The money isn't worth the domination).
2.GF should let Pokémon cross over with more Nintendo titles more fully.
3.Enemy Teams should have firearms if Pokémon fail them(Realistic criminals), leading to the player character playing a "disarming" quicktime event/minigame without Pokémon(Pokémon fear weapons).
4.Reveal Looker's real name already!
5.Reveal where Agatha is after Gen I, please...
6.Fashion items shouldn't be version or sex-exclusive.

1: From what I've seen game developers often create a censored, special version for the Chinese market.
2. Do you mean like Pokemon Conquest?
3.But then you have the goofy situation where your Arceus, Steelix and incorporeal ghost Pokemon are "afraid of firearms" Which would be pretty laughable.
4. "The Doctor"
5. She's....on a farm upstate, where she can run and play with all the other Agathas...
6.Agreed.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Honestly I can’t see the series getting much darker than the Gen 5 games. They really addressed some pretty dark material from child abuse and brainwashing to straight up Pokémon cruelty literally in front of the player character’s eye (meaning the Plasma grunt that started to kick the Munna just so it would use its powers).

Orphalesion

Honestly I can’t see the series getting much darker than the Gen 5 games. They really addressed some pretty dark material from child abuse and brainwashing to straight up Pokémon cruelty literally in front of the player character’s eye (meaning the Plasma grunt that started to kick the Munna just so it would use its powers).

I agree, which is why I'm often wondering what people want when they say they want a "darker" direction.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I agree, which is why I'm often wondering what people want when they say they want a "darker" direction.
The next step to getting “darker” would involve senseless murder, drug and alcohol references, and other violent crimes.

Orphalesion

The next step to getting “darker” would involve senseless murder, drug and alcohol references, and other violent crimes.

And we are in agreement that none of that is necessary or would in any way desirable to have in Pokemon.
But I think a lot of people don't even follow the thought that far, they've just heard/read somewhere that "mature" stories are often "dark" (forgetting that mature doesn't necessarily mean dark or dark doesn't necessarily mean mature) and say they want Pokemon to be "darker"
Which is why I asked the original poster what they mean by wanting Pokemon to be "darker". To see whether they had put thought into it.

Exactly. It was bad enough when Ghetsis was going to straight up kill you by using Kyurem.

I think stuff like that and Lusamine's craziness is exactly the right amount of "dark" for the main antagonist of Pokemon games (not saying every Antagonist now has to do stuff like that, just that I find it within appropriate parameters for Pokemon)

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Gen 7 was overall a very strong installment and one of my favorite generations
Delphox and Samurott are better than their pre evolutions
I love the story elements of Pokemon and hope they move to more stories in the future
I'm sure I'd like an open world game just fine, but I know I'd definitely prefer to not have too much of that in any coming Pokemon game
Z moves are a snooze