• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

List of Unpopular Opinions

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Earthquake is one of my least favourite damaging moves when used by non-Ground-type Pokemon, with the possible exception of Tyranitar (who has plenty of other options to choose from anyways).
I also really don't like Scald and believe it deserves to be nerfed.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I think the Pokemon Bank is the very definition of scam.
It’s $5.00 a year that’s like almost half of whatever minimum wage you could make in a job per hour. And you can’t call it a scam unless you know how servers like Bank works which are costly and need money to keep them running!

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
It’s $5.00 a year that’s like almost half of whatever minimum wage you could make in a job per hour. And you can’t call it a scam unless you know how servers like Bank works which are costly and need money to keep them running!

They Could of just let us transfer between generations like we could before X & Y. Now we are charged for it

Just add a Pokémon Transfer Lab to Burnet's place in HeaHea City or something.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
They Could of just let us transfer between generations like we could before X & Y. Now we are charged for it

Just add a Pokémon Transfer Lab to Burnet's place in HeaHea City or something.
Combination of a Pikachu and a Bulbasaur, that can't happen! DS and 3DS were said to not work like that! And Bank is objectively a better option than buying another $200 handheld like Gen IV - V.

Do you want to shell out that much money? Do you? I think not! Now go check your account and hey you have more than $5.00! You have the money now pay!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Combination of a Pikachu and a Bulbasaur, that can't happen! DS and 3DS were said to not work like that! And Bank is objectively a better option than buying another $200 handheld like Gen IV - V.

Do you want to shell out that much money? Do you? I think not! Now go check your account and hey you have more than $5.00! You have the money now pay!

As long as this service can work over to the Switch once we get that Gen 8 game, I wouldn't care about the 5 buck yearly. Because there are worse things you can subscribe to!

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan

Honestly, I've always been suspicious of them saying it wouldn't work. How exactly was DS Download Play not possible during Gen 6? I wanted a clear explanation back when Pokemon Bank was announced and I never got one.

Dankrai

i do'nt kid around
I hate how modern pokemon keep try ing to push "christian values" on those kids

Gizmoduck

Burns eternally hot

I can't believe people are so quick to defend it too.

You could host literally 5 full clones of every single Pokemon in the dex and the storage would still be KBs in size; the whole 5 dollar ANNUAL fee to keep it running is a total blatant scam.

And yes, I could see the point of needing some sort of mediator between something like the 3DS and the Switch systems, but the fact somehow X and Y and ORAS could communicate, then despite being on the exact system, SMUSUM couldn't without the bank.

I don't know how you can see what is so obvious and just accept it. And the sad part is they do it because they know so many people will just defend it like this, because they love Pokemon.

The same with that godawful Switch Online ripoff service too. Gotta buy it to play Pokemon, etc.

I'm not falling for it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Honestly, I've always been suspicious of them saying it wouldn't work. How exactly was DS Download Play not possible during Gen 6? I wanted a clear explanation back when Pokemon Bank was announced and I never got one.
Ask yourself this, 100th Jirachi who we will never know the mystery of what happened to the others before it (did they all die or go to Saturn or something?)!

How can a DS game do either download play with a 3DS game? It can't because they're entirely different games on entirely different systems. Gen IV and V could connect because they're DS games! In the other case, Pokemon Black is a DS game and Pokemon X is a 3DS game! Separate entities like clocks and baskets! They didn't need to explain anything about that because the reasoning is simple!

I can't believe people are so quick to defend it too.

You could host literally 5 full clones of every single Pokemon in the dex and the storage would still be KBs in size; the whole 5 dollar ANNUAL fee to keep it running is a total blatant scam.

And yes, I could see the point of needing some sort of mediator between something like the 3DS and the Switch systems, but the fact somehow X and Y and ORAS could communicate, then despite being on the exact system, SMUSUM couldn't without the bank.
Why the hell would you want to shell out a second 3DS system to transfer from XY/ORAS to SM/USUM? Do you want to spend $200? DO YOU? *Shakes you* DO NOT DO IT. MY ACHING BLOOD WANTS ME TO HEED YOUR CALL AND PREVENT YOU FROM DOING SUCH A PURCHASE. NO ONE CAN.

We can't fathom the dark days of the transferring between Gen IV to V. NEVER WILL WE SUFFER THIS PAIN AGAIN.

Or an alternate way with one 3DS system, you gotta have both games open! Oh wait you can't because to play one 3DS game, you got to close the other and yes!

I don't know how you can see what is so obvious and just accept it. And the sad part is they do it because they know so many people will just defend it like this, because they love Pokemon.
No I like parsnips. Don't you go making assumptions about me. You don't see me making assumptions that people like parsnips so don't do it to anyone you never heard of! Now...if you haven't had the chance to try parsnips, I would recommend Parsnip Sautee! Finest sautee in the land!
The same with that godawful Switch Online ripoff service too. Gotta buy it to play Pokemon, etc.
So you know that Gen VIII will be fully online like the dark days of pre-release XBone? Oh no, this is awful-wait just a second. You're telling me I need online to get my starter, battle gym leaders or some equivalent, beat the E4, become a champion, and catch Pokemon? That's silly! The only thing I would need to go online is to battle on Wifi which not everyone does, see! Entirely optional and is an optional enhancement to your journey. It sprinkles and I say it sprinkles like the rainstorm I got yesterday. Those water droplets can come down hard like bullets!
I'm not falling for it.
You are having that already!

Last edited:

Gizmoduck

Burns eternally hot
Uh, you can transfer Pokemon just fine with one 3DS using just the GTS, or simply a friend, over the internet or beside you.

I did literally 3 full boxes in like just an hour using the former and it wasn't a big deal.

Sorry, it's a scam.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Uh, you can transfer Pokemon just fine with one 3DS using just the GTS, or simply a friend, over the internet or beside you.

I did literally 3 full boxes in like just an hour using the former and it wasn't a big deal.

Sorry, it's a scam.

God, what a pain in the ass a mass transfer would be over GTS...

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Not only is it time consuming and tedious, you would need pokemon to trade BACK. That would be hundreds of low level easy catches... Big oof.

Plus there are more expensive things you can subscribe to in a MONTH than you do in over the span of a year for this one. If pokemon Bank is a scam... its a very convincing one where the positives outweigh the two negatives. (Cost money to use and the fact that once you transfer pokemon to the next gen game.... there is no way back!)

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Plus there are more expensive things you can subscribe to in a MONTH than you do in over the span of a year for this one. If pokemon Bank is a scam... its a very convincing one where the positives outweigh the two negatives. (Cost money to use and the fact that once you transfer pokemon to the next gen game.... there is no way back!)

Yeah... I have like $75 of monthly bills for streaming services alone. $6.50 a year is nothing in the long run