• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Little Wishiwashi Isn't Lacking, It's the Lord of the Lake! (976)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Little Wishiwashi Isn't Lacking, It's the Lord of the Lake!
While on Akala Island, Ash decides to take a break and goes fishing with Lana. Hearing a rumour of being able to fish up the lord of the lake, Lana borrows a boat and the fishing begins. However, when she manages to hook the lord of the lake, Lana gets excited and the battle begins. Will she be able to get it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Wow, a MEGA Gyarados mention @__@

Not even the games did it that early. I'm surprised Lana knows about their existence.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
SM Ash has his memories intact. He just remembered Alomomola before Rotomdex scanned it.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay this sucks.

Ash did not get the Waterium Z, only Lana did. Ash's only contribution was 1HKO'ing an Alomomola. I honestly think this is bad, because if that's your sole contribution, then Olivia shouldn't allow him to battle her.

I guess we can confirm that Ash technically isn't on an Island Trial Challenge, because he was not the main focus here.

Also, Popplio didn't evolve, but did a crap ton of Bubblebeams on Wishiwashi and KO'd it with an Aqua Jet.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Okay this sucks.

Ash did not get the Waterium Z, only Lana did. Ash's only contribution was 1HKO'ing an Alomomola. I honestly think this is bad, because if that's your sole contribution, then Olivia shouldn't allow him to battle her.

I guess we can confirm that Ash technically isn't on an Island Trial Challenge, because he was not the main focus here.

Also, Popplio didn't evolve, but did a crap ton of Bubblebeams on Wishiwashi and KO'd it with an Aqua Jet.

HA! Called it! :p

Anyway, as expected Lana got Waterium-Z so we can probably say goodbye to the theories that Ash will catch a Water-type now. Nice that they mentioned Mega Gyarados in this as well since it shows that Mega Evolution might still be relevant in the anime series.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Mega Gyarados mention? Does this mean Megas will still appear in the anime?

Anyway, what an episode!!! Popplio was the true hero today and Lana got Waterium-Z. 9/10.

Popplio, too OP, or was it PIS? Anyway writers, please nerf.

Golden_Latias might have tears of joy in her eyes, I bet. :p

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ay I was right lol. Told you guys this wouldn't be Ash's trial episode.

I'm happy that the sole focus was on Lana, she actually worked her butt off and earned the Waterium Z herself. And on top of that, Popplio battled and finally learned a new move :).

Oh and she also bonded with Wishiwashi so this could set up her assention to trial captain down the line.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Okay this sucks.

I agree. The only plus was TRio were sent packing early. (Props to whoever predicted they would fish Bewear). After that, it was just really average. They wasted much of the time with that annoying Old Man and talking, and after they borrow his boat, again much of the time is wasted just fishing the Wishiwashi.

And coming to the battle which was the worst part. Ash's only contribution being using Electro Ball on Alomomola. That Totem Wishiwashi was pathetic, that a couple of Bubble beams and an Aqua Jet are enough to finish it off. At least Lana got her Waterium Z at last.

I would say though, the Mega Gyarados mention was key, as that could play a big part for the series. Remember, the Z ring can also be used for Mega Evolution, so maybe Ash has a chance? (Highly unlikely though). Also could this be a hint that major Kalos characters like Alain could potentially return? (I hope so).

Anyway, overall episode is 5.5/10. SM seems to do fairly well for SOL style episodes, but seriously battles have been way below par this series.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm still wondering whether the Totem Wishiwashi wasn't that strong or just PIS that Popplio totally dispersed it? Most probably the latter.

Pikachu could've honestly roasted it with its Electric attacks, but plot Armor meant it attempted nothing. Anyway what was Alomomola's connection to Totem Wishiwashi (which Pikachu fended of)?

Last edited:

Everything12

6/10, the battle with Wishi-Washi was nice, but it took too long to start up and we really didn't need to see what the other's were doing at the ranch.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I'm still wondering whether the Totem Wishiwashi wasn't that strong or just PIS that Popplio totally dispersed it? Most probably.

Pikachu could've honestly roasted it with its Electric attacks, but plot Armor meant it attempted nothing. Anyway what was Alomolola to Team Wishiwashi (which Pikachu fended of?

It was the Ally Pokémon. I think it was using Heal Pulse to heal Wishiwashi.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It was the Ally Pokémon. I think it was using Heal Pulse to heal Wishiwashi.

I see. So Ash played an important role as well. Truly the Totem Wishiwashi was pathetic then.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Lana with her tongue stuck out is adorable and I'll fight anyone that says otherwise

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I mean yeah he fended off the Alomolola, but honestly I'd say Ash hardly had a role in this battle.

If he played, then Totem Wishiwashi would've been annihilated by Pikachu.

But still somehow Pikachu was struggling to swim away from Totem Wishiwashi and Popplio helped it?

Y'know, I actually really like that Ash didn't do as much as Lana. Why? Because this means that the rest of the cast are getting as equal focus as Ash is. I'm really enjoying the fact that all the other members of the cast feel just as prevalent as Ash this series, doing things mostly on their own or without Ash. I've never had that vibe from the other series - I had it the least with all of XY, excluding the TF Arc - so this is making me happy. :D

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Y'know, I actually really like that Ash didn't do as much as Lana. Why? Because this means that the rest of the cast are getting as equal focus as Ash is. I'm really enjoying the fact that all th either being members of the cast feel just as prevalent as Ash this series, doing things mostly on their own or without Ash. I've never had that vibe from the other series - I had it the least with all of XY, excluding the TF Arc - so this is making me happy. :D

Agreed, this is what I wanted to see from this episode and I'm really happy it went that way. :D

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Was glad to see Team Rocket be dealt with right away (Jessie fishing up Bewear lol, now that was pretty funny). The other classmates spent the day with Kiawe and I guess Olivia mentioned that she was going to take care of Lana’s Z-Ring, which is why is Lana turned red? (I missed that part there.)

Anyway, was funny that Lana fished up a Feebas right way, after the old man mentioned it. Ash fishing up and being slapped around by a Magikarp, same ole Ashy Boy when he fishes. :p Lana had a good “fishing” battle with the Wishiwashi though. Popplio may have been scared at first, after the first Bubblebeam, but I liked how Lana stayed determined to keep up the battle with the Wishiwashi, in which Popplio saw that determination, and decided get back into the water to continue battling it some more. Even Ash got involved in helping during the battle, making quick work of that Alolomola. It was also great to see Popplio learn a new move in Aqua Jet and defeat the Totem Wishiwashi, and Lana getting the Waterium-Z from the little Wishiwashi (which she had helped earlier). So, now Lana has her Z-Ring, the Waterium-Z, and Popplio learned a new move.

Good episode for Lana and her Popplio. :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Was glad to see Team Rocket be dealt with right away (Jessie fishing up Bewear lol, now that was pretty funny). The other classmates spent the day with Kiawe and I guess Olivia mentioned that she was going to take care of Lana’s Z-Ring, which is why is Lana turned red? (I missed that part there.)

Anyway, was funny that Lana fished up a Feebas right way, after the old man mentioned it. Ash fishing up and being slapped around by a Magikarp, same ole Ashy Boy when he fishes. :p Lana had a good “fishing” battle with the Wishiwashi though. Popplio may have been scared at first, after the first Bubblebeam, but I liked how Lana stayed determined to keep up the battle with the Wishiwashi, in which Popplio saw that determination, and decided get back into the water to continue battling it some more. Even Ash got involved in helping during the battle, making quick work of that Alolomola. It was also great to see Popplio learn a new move in Aqua Jet and defeat the Totem Wishiwashi, and Lana getting the Waterium-Z from the little Wishiwashi (which she had helped earlier). So, now Lana has her Z-Ring, the Waterium-Z, and Popplio learned a new move.

Good episode for Lana and her Popplio. :)

I could be wrong but I think Olivia might of suggested that Lana and Ash were going on a date or something to that effect. The blush reminded me or when Lana's sisters asked if Ash was her boyfriend.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I could be wrong but I think Olivia might of suggested that Lana and Ash were going on a date or something to that effect. The blush reminded me or when Lana's sisters asked if Ash was her boyfriend.
Ah ok, that would definitely make a lot more sense then. Thanks for explaining. BlueAngelShipping!