• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Littleman3's first ever sprite thread

L

Littleman3

Well, I don't actually know... I'm just short of ideas and want to make new sprites.

L

Littleman3

Okay, I'll try that. Also, I made my first real scratch sprite using Zelionax's tutorial. I call it Axtran :)
arxtran0wc.gif

Edit: I tried to fuse a Jirachi/Haunter but it was just impossible. Does anyone have any different request?

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Littleman3

Hmmm... that might work. But right now I'm working on a pixel art Altaria.

L

Littleman3

Well, here it is. It's actually more of an alternate sprite than pixel art.
scratchaltaria7bf.gif

I'll get to work on Araza.

Edit: I sort of made a sprite of Araza. But actually it's so big it's more of a whatjamacallit.
azara5cv.gif

L

Littleman3

I tried to do that on paint, but the outline came out all blurry. Is there a better way to do it?

Edit: Also, I suddenly had a brilliant idea while looking at the avatars. Mudkip + Wynaut x Spriting skill / Internet respect =
mudnaut9hh.gif

Electabuzz

Normal Coordinator
it's fusion connor...fusion
the sprite, quite frankly, is merely a poor cut-and-paste job, that has little recoloring and blending. the outlining needs work, and more Wynaut in general...
I suggest you read a tutorial

Kauser79

Kauser il più grande
Internet respect
What internet respect? The only person who respects you is Connor. >.>

Also, these sprites aren't particularly good. Just... Okay.
On some of the revamps, they have all black outlines, when parts of it should be dark Blue/White/Green/Whatever other color.
I would say your best fusion is Sandslash/Raichu, and that Altaria isn't very good. The Altaria is... Deformed. It has weird-looking lips, and it's eyes are just dots. Also, the cloud part of it doesn't look fluffy.

Last edited:

Starter530

Yes I use MS paint
Electabuzz isn't being disrespectful just....frank.
the revamps need better outlines and you need to give them your own shading. The R/B/Y/G G/S/C shading sucks
I agree the best fusion is the Sandslash/Raichu
the Mudkip/Wynaut just isn't good

L

Littleman3

Yeah, I know the Mudkip and Wynaut was a bit rushed, but I like the other sprites, though I say so myself. Also, I was playing Pokemon Leafgreen just yesterday and I now know and understand how the 3rd generation outlining works. I'll try to make them better in future. PS, Electabuzz, how do you think I got spriting if I didn't use a tutorial? Anyway, I don't want the topic to get het up with arguments. If you tell me that they're not that good, that's fine as long as you tell me how I can get better. That's the only way I'll learn.

L

Littleman3

Do all the game sprites have the light scource coming from the same place? If it did, that would make things so much easier.

Edit: No-one posted and I was bored. So I made a pineapple person!
pineappleperson7lb.gif

Isn't it cute? I got the hang of outline shading too.

Electabuzz

Normal Coordinator
You aren't bad, don't get me wrong. Of a lot of the spriters here, you have so much potential. I come off as being very harsh, but as Starter said, I tell things how they seem em, no fluffy stuff at all. Some may see this as mean or harsh, but I just see it as me...

L

Littleman3

Uhh... he meant 'You are right. It is cute.' It was just wrong grammar.

Edit: I got bored again, so I made a sprite of this weird purple snake thing I had in a dream once. The thing on its tail is probably an energy sword, or ray gun. I'm not entirely sure which.
menacingsnake6el.gif

It is rather strange, but it makes a teeny bit more sense if you're me.

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

Pretty good, your best two were Revamped Suicune and Ho-row.
You need some work on the outline and shading.

Good work!