• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Littleman3's first ever sprite thread

L

Littleman3

Thanks people. I can now say that I can make 64*64 sprites from scratch. However, I don't know how to make Trainer Cards, shadow pokemon, and animations. And if anyone asks for WBGs, that's no bother at all and only takes about one minute.

Yet another edit: I always like to have something to keep me busy, so I decided to revamp the Gold version Charizard.
revampgoldcharizard7nq.gif

Another edit: Same story. Got bored, made sprite. It's a strange rainbow snake called Separchoris. What does it take to make you guys post?
separchoris8le.gif

That's it. I might try that Octillery/Roselia mix for Polursine.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Littleman3

Okay. Sorry for double posting but I felt I needed to bump the topic up a bit. I made my first ever trainer sprite of guess who - me!
me3yy.gif

It was all made by recoloring and fusing. Comments and CC please.

L

Littleman3

I'm not telling how old I am, but I'm short for my age. I might make the guitar black later, the color it actually is. By the way, the parts I used for it are: Ash's jeans, the guitarist's guitar and hands, the male tuber's head with the colors of the guitarist's hair, and the T-shirt was my own.

Edit: I've sorta got a drummer now - but he doesn't have any drums. He's got blue drumsticks as well, but that's just because I was lazy.
drummer8as.gif

Together with the 'Me' sprite and some others, I could make a band!

L

Littleman3

I've spent hours trying to find a good battle scene picture, and I've finally sorta got it. I made a kinda funny battle scene picture. Credit to pokemon elite 2000 for the bg.
toughcharmander4jr.gif

Does anyone know where to get the other battle scene bgs?

Dewgong

Ace Trainer
Haha, the battle scene is good.

The guy has no neck though and what's up with Charmander's HP? Also, the levels are moved too far to the right.

L

Littleman3

Connor, I can't make me battling Kirby. I don't have a back sprite of either. Thanks for the hp tip, I didn't notice that when I made it. I'll post a fixed version when I've made one.

Edit: Fixed! Here is the image.
fixedtoughcharmander3de.gif

There! Does anyone know a good place to get just the bgs?

L

Littleman3

You think that helps me but actually it doesn't. Compliments are good, but still no-one has answered my question. Until I know where to get the BGs, I can do no more battle scenes.

Edit: Yes! Yes! Yes! I found the battle scenes. I looked in the sprite resources thread and found this:
The battle locations

Edit again: I gave myself a challenge by revamping a RB Tangela with lots of outline shading - and it worked! Yay!
revamprbtangela4ty.gif

L

Littleman3

The eyes were that small on the original RB Tangela. I thought I should leave them in there, 'cause there isn't any more room in the black bit to put bigger ones.

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
Your shading needs work. =\ Look at the shirt of the trainer sprites (And certain revamps too) But for the rest they're OK.

Electabuzz

Normal Coordinator
what was the point of that post connor?
wow...that tangela is really quite good...that sprite is nearly impossible for experienced spriters, so the fact that you made that so well is really quite amazing...great work!

(edited so my post had a point x_X)

Last edited:

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
Electabuzz said:
what was the point of that post connor?
And what was the point of that post? And what is the point of this post?

In order to give this point a post, I'll give you some advice. Try looking at existing trainer sprites to get an idea of how they are shaded.

L

Littleman3

I think once the anime came out, Tangela was changed a bit from the original RB sprite so it was easier to draw. Then they changed the sprites for all the other games starting from Yellow, so they do look quite different.

Edit: Made my first Trainer card! Made with the GIMP and credit to my brother who knows how to use it.
card15an.png

The last two slots are Sandchu and the PINEAPPLE PERSON!

The body parts are popping out you see how my TC look like. Well Blood Vampire made these.

;003;Dark Venusaur;003;