• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Littleroot High (Franticshipping - hoennshipping)

Brandon

patrickstar said:
Bradon: I know, my writing style is a bit... strange. I generaly suck at writing fluffy moments... so the relationship between Ruby and Sapphire is rather... awkward and it will advance slowly... but surely. Thanks for point it out through.

XxLovelinessxX: Wow... I have no idea so many people hate Ruby that much. I thought having a extrememly Witty and Sarcastic main character would be more appealing than a general good hearted guy. (a.k.a Satoshi or Red). Heh...

Thanks for wasting your time reading this piece of garbage by me. The new chapter will be posted on Thursday/Friday.

Nah, ur fanfic isnt a piece of garbage; its very good but it IS advancing a bit slowly. I dont hate Ruby. He and Sapphire r my favourite characters of Pokemon. COOL FANFIC.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Sorry about the delay. My cat ate my laptop and got upset stomache. I had to rush it to the hospital and stay there to make sure she was safe...

Errr... Anyways, this chapter is pretty stupid... I wrote it so it will link the previous and the next chapter together.. New chapter will be updated in 2 days, i promise.
so here you go!

Chapter 7 – doubts

Friends… a person you know well and regard with affection and trust.

A person you know well? Definitely…

A person you regard with affection and trust…?

… No.

“Best friend tells other best friends stuff.” Gold yelled in frustration cause by another unsuccessfully attempt of trying to get Ruby to tell him what really happened. “Gold… I will this only one more time. I wasn’t making out with Sapphire in the washroom, or anything worse. Now would you just shut up and let me go home…”

“Gold… leave him alone… Ruby has the right to remain silent from your stupid questions. He’s our friend… Yet you are acting like some kind of spy.” Red finally said.

Gold groaned, and then walked away. After making sure Gold cannot hear him, Red whispered. “Okay now Ruby… you were really making out?”

Friends…

------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby always thought he was a lucky guy; however, all the events happened today seemed to be against him. Maybe he should end his torment by suicide. The thoughts of suicide always occurred in his mind; however, he never had enough courage to actually do it.

On the door of his house, there was a paper. It wasn’t just any other paper, it is a letter. Letter from his father, it says:

“Ruby, I need you to go to Professor Birch’s house to pick up the data I requested. He lives right next door to us. I would also like you to meet his daughter, Sapphire. Let her show you how a real trainer battles.”

Okay… Professor Birch, pick up some data… and meet Sapphire… Okay… WHAT?

He definitely should have suicide long time ago.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ruby rang the doorbell, as a middle-aged man with a huge grin on his face answered. The man seemed so happy that Ruby almost thought of him as a giant monkey wearing disguise.

“Profes…sor Bi..Birch?”

“That would be me!” the man yelled enthusiastically.

“I’m Ruby, the son of Norman. And I’m here to pick up the data he requested from you.”

“Jolly good! Now, if you would just let me get the data. Come on inside.” The monkey Professor said in a very… monkeyish manner.

The house is the same size as Ruby’s. All the walls were painted black and red, the colors he hated. The room is filled with devices and chart, making it looks like a warehouse instead of a living room. Nevertheless, the air inside is sweet and welcoming, making Ruby feels strangely comfortable and at home. Something he did not experience often.

The professor was back, with two cups of tea and a folder in his hand. Ruby took the tea from the professor’s hand, and took a sip. It was hot, yet refreshing. “So… Young man, how is like to be a son of such an important person?”

“…” Ruby finally knew where Sapphire got her talkative nature from.

“Okay… So… have you met my daughter?”

“…”

“My… What a child. I wish I can be free like you… Once, I traveled around the whole Hoenn Region when I was a child…” The professor closed his eyes and sighed absent-mindedly. Ruby doesn’t know if he was lying or not, however, the effect is authentic.

“Ah… Speaking of my daughter, you saved her from the Tyranitar right? Oh my… You are brave, just like that man Norman.”

Ruby did not respond, except closed his fist on the cup tightly. The last thing he wants to hear right now is about how he is like his beloved father.

“Maybe… Maybe I should talk to your father about making an arranged engagement between you two…” Birch smiled as Ruby nearly spills all his tea. “A joke… just a joke kid.”

“Well, when she was a kid, Sapphire always loved fairytales. Her mother used to read them for her everyday. Until she passed away…” Birch wiped his eyes, “Sapphire always wanted a Prince to save her. Childish it might sounds to you, but it meant a lot to her… And I think she just found one.”

Ruby did not reply, however, Birch looked at his wristwatch, and muttered, “look at that… Time is making a fool out of us, I think I have to complete the task Professor Oak send to me… Goodbye…” Professor Birch smiled, as Ruby remained silent.
---------------------------------------

He twisted his combination lock and pulled it open. It was locked. He grumbled, and trying the combination again, it was still locked. Ruby sighed, as he began to spell the combination again, careful this time.

“13, 31… What the hell?”

“What’s the combination, Ruby?” he turned at look at the last person he wanted to see right now. Sapphire chuckled, she had her arm crossed.

“And you care because?” the crimson eyed boy muttered, the last thing he needs right now is an annoying girl making fun of him.

“Why do I care? Because…” Sapphire began, slowly, “because that is my locker. Yours is… this one…” She pointed the locker next to the one Ruby was previously on.

Ruby nearly screamed as he began to wipe his hands on his shirt furiously. He walked over to his locker, and tried the combination. “13, 31, 45….” The locker swung open. Ruby ignored all the smiles from Sapphire, as he began to take a few textbooks from the locker.

“Got a minute?” Sapphire began, very tenderly.

“No.”

“Pardon?”

“No! I’m extremely ****** off right now, and last thing I want is you and your b*tching sessions.” Ruby said, as he began to pull the books. During his first period class, a little boy asked him if he saw any fairies when he was unconscious, while the teacher is making sure that Ruby will not die from lack of nutrients. Apparently, the nurse told the by and the teacher about Ruby’s incident, and they told… the rest of the world. “I think I’m going crazy.”

“Calm down.” Sapphire said, soothingly. “You are completely stressed out. I can tell.”

“Can you stop entering my head with all those crazy psycho stuff you learned from psychology class?” He asked edgily, “I don’t want to talk about it, now just leave me alone.”

“Did… you tell anyone about what we said yesterday…” She asked, completely ignoring him. Instantly, Ruby turned at her, for a moment, she thought his eyes were blood-shot.

“Like anyone would care… Wait, they would love to find out… Me being in the girl’s washroom, with a girl in it…” Ruby said quaintly.
“Sure.” Sapphire grinned.

“Whatever, now could like… get out of my way so I can continue my meaningless life?”

“Sapphire!” Yellow called, apparently came back from her date with Red.

“Wait!” She called back. “You… You are so stuck to yourself. I would punch you, if I didn’t know you are already on the brink of extinction.” Sapphire said vengefully.

“Umm… you know… I never got hit by a girl before. Who knows, it could be fun.” Ruby challenged.

“Sapphire!” Yellow called again.

“Just a second!” Sapphire told her, snapped a little. She turned to Ruby, still mad at him, Sapphire decided to take his joke as an offer. She punched him hard in his arm, and then smiled sweetly before she ran off. She blew him a quick kiss, and then went off to join Yellow.

“God… That bi…” Wait… That didn’t just hurt, it hurt a lot! Ruby’s whole arm was throbbing, she sure has incredibly good aim. What is this…? Beat up defenceless-Ruby week? He hadn’t just been punched by a girl, and actually thought it was painful.

Her hands are really strong…

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Recently, i received a few messages from some of the readers. They ask: your storyline is really werid! So does the personality of the characters.

The answer to those questions is: i try to do something different than what everyone else did.

Lets take a look at an archtypal fanfic:

Red has a crush on Yellow, but they are both cowards and attempt to hide it. Red's friends Gold, Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire decides to play the matchmakers. Guess what? They make both Red and Yellow go on a date! Sapphire and Crystal made Yellow wear this REALly nic dress, and guess what? RED SAID SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL! and GUESS WHAT YELLOW DID? SHE BLUSHED! LIKE ZOMFG! After the date, Gold and Ruby give Red some tips on sex, and so did Crystal and sapphire toYelow. So like after a week, they went to Red's house, and guess what? They had sex! LIEK REALLY! DA RED AND YELLOW HAD SEX! In the end, they found out that Gold, Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire was watching them the whole time.

A fanfic like this, will probably receive the most reviews. And most people will say: "wow, thats so sweet!" Why do people read those fanfic? because everyone likes fluffy, lovey-duffy stuff. Fanfictions like this gives the reader ideas and make them think "AWWWW! I WISH I WAS RED AND I CAN **** YELLOW! AWWWWWWWW, I WISH I HAD A GIRLFRIEND LIKE THAT" Probably thats what so attractive about fluffs, they allow the reader to temporaily escape from their own reality.

Personaly, i think writers like this should burn in hell. Why? They make the corrupted human race even more pathetic.

Anyways, the new chapter will be posted in 1 day.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Chapter 8 - denial

There is no wrong choice in life, just different rewards and penalties.

I couldn’t agree more…

“Oww…” Ruby groaned. His left arm was hit by Sapphire’s fist, which left nothing but pain. “Can this day get any worse…?”

He didn’t know the answer to his question was yes.

--------------------------------------------------------

“Sapphire... You are with Ruby awfully a lot don’t you think? Don’t get me wrong, he is a great guy and everything. But don’t you think he is a little… Peculiar for you?” Yellow asked.

“What…?”

“You punched him…” Crystal chuckled.

“Yea… I guess you can call us pretty good friends.” Sapphire said.

“Whatever… Just remember, don’t get your hopes up too high.”

“Why are you guys so worried for?”

“Look… Sapphire, it is clear that you like him, it is also clear that he doesn’t care about your feelings at all.”

“Okay… Crystal… Where did you learn all those things from.”

“Ever since I met Gold.”

-------------------------------------

Sapphire always wanted to confront Ruby privately, however, he is always with Red and Gold. This time is no exception. However, Sapphire decided to stay and listen to these trainers’ conversation.

“What did she do this time…” Red asked empathetically, after seeing the expression on Ruby’s face, which clearly writes torment and pain.

“She punched me… she punched my bicep. And… now it hurts like crazy.” Ruby groaned edgily.

“Wow… Neither you are being really annoying, or Sapphire on her period… I’m guessing the second possibility because even Crystal doesn’t hit me as hard.” Gold chuckled.

“I don’t know… She’s driving me crazy. I have to find a way to get rid of her…”

What? I thought Ruby enjoyed my presence.

“Well… I can’t really blame you. She is among the most annoying girls in this school, second only to Crystal.” Red joked.

“Hey! Watch it, buddy.” Gold said angrily.

“Man… I don’t even want to be with that girl, yet I can’t seem to get ride of her. It’s like going out with an Octillary, the more you want to escape, the tighter it holds you.” Ruby joked, as everyone else laughed dryly.

Sapphire did not need to stay any longer. She decided to run away from this place, she doesn’t know where, but as long as it’s far from Ruby. The only light in her heart just abandoned her, and left nothing but pain, misery and emptiness.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Geography of Hoenn class is rather… silent without the presence of the auburn haired girl, Ruby thought. The silver haired boy is wandering where she could be during the middle of the school. Wait… why do I care? She punched me… Ruby reassured himself, as he tries to focus on his lessons, however, the thoughts keep coming back from a tiny voice in his head, which sounds strangely like a muffled dog trying to imitate a Mightyeana howling.

“Ahhh!” Ruby yelled, as everyone else in the class began to laugh. To them, the crimson eyed boy is the only source of comedy in their tedious classes. For example, right now nearly the whole face of the teacher turns into a shade of unhealthy purple, as he barks to Ruby and telling him to get out.

The silver haired boy didn’t mind, right now, he needs some time alone so he can deal with the persistent voice in his head. He decided to go to the male washroom, however, running to Crystal on his way.

“Hiya… Have you seen Sapphire? She’s not in class.” Ruby asked.

“Oh? The last time I’ve seen her. She said something about talking to you, about something really important too. Well, I heard someone saw her running off, laughing and saying something about false hope and synthetic joy…” Crystal murmured, darkly.

Sapphire? Being a sarcastic and angst ******* like me? Why…Talking to me, about something really important. Going out with an Octillary… False hope, synthetic joy… Oh crap…

I really got some explaining to do.

-------------------------------
Okay... good news bad news time. Good news, the next two chapters wil be updated REALLY soon, for i complete the outlines for the two chaptesr already.

Bad news, the next 2 chapters are the endings for this story. The storyline will be way too hard to write if the fanfic is going on its current rate. However, I'm already working on a new fanfic (possibly hoennshipping, advanced shipping or specialshipping).

Thank you
Patrickstar

Hmm... it could be a little longer, it has to be at least a page. But oh well. No mistakes that I could see, and the Octillary joke was cute. Very nice, patrickstar! Keep it up!

Over and out,

~Kitteh ;258;

Brandon

Good Chapter, Patrick. I hope the next 2 chapters will be long and nice.
I also hope that ur next fanfic will also be of Frantic/Hoenn Shipping.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Chapter 9 - hope

It was cold.

The room had a cool aura. The air was strangely thin and empty. Sapphire sighed as she rubbed her hands together to dispel some of it. She was resting on her bed, in a random position; a seemingly uncomfortable one. Her ocean-blue eyes slightly opened, however, showing no energy or joy which usually radiated from the brunette’s eyes.

Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'

Outside, the sun was dipped into the clouds, leaving the sky with a thin layer of dimmed light. Around the border of the clouds, magnificent lighting could be seen as they illuminate the whole sky momentarily. The room was filled with the deafening roar of thunder, as if it’s attempting to intimate all the creatures below.

Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in

Hope is such a funny thing, sometimes it fill a feeble heart with synthetic joy, sometimes it articulate the truth to the same heart so ruthlessly that it breaks the delicate organ into half. Hope cannot be predicted, and most of the time, it let you down.

I couldn’t agree more.

Maybe Sapphire should have stuck to the advice that had been given to her.

All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'

Hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

Maybe she should have saved her feelings; maybe she should have buried them deep. Deep in somewhere in her fragile heart, and save them for someone that actually would show concern and return the feelings.

And oh I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

But instead, she give them to a person she loved. She hoped that the warmth of her love will defrost the ice that covers his heart. She hoped that the person will learn to love back.

But she was wrong.

There is no wrong choice in life, only different rewards and penalties.

Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be

The penalties she received was so severe, it swallowed all the feelings in her small heart. It swallowed everything but pain and misery. It swallowed everything about sadness and envy. It pierces her heart with the force of a bullet, bleeding her dry of all positive emotions.

Say it for me
Say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me

The penalties she received was so severe, it disabled all of her abilities to do anything. Anything, but to regret her imprudent choice, her choice to hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

He did not know how long he had been looking for her. It felted like minutes, hours, and years. But everything seemed longer if you are in his current position. He knew the reason that he was worried, the reason that send him on the aimless searching he is on right now.

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you

He shattered Sapphire’s heart, leaving it into tiny pieces.

If only he had paid attention to her actions. If only he actually listened to her. If only he actually cared about her. If only he actually loved her.

These city walls ain't got no love for me
I'm on the ledge of the eighteenth story
And oh I scream for you

So many “if onlys”.

If only he said something earlier.

If only he told her how he really felt.

If only…

Come please I'm callin'
And all I need from you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

------------------------------------------------------

He finally reached the place he was looking for. The Birch’s resident. He has been here once, and he did not enjoy it one bit. This time is no exception. He knocked the door with great hesitation, but surely, he knocked on the door.

Professor Birch opened the door up, he did not yell at Ruby, nor sighed. The look on his face is grim. He let Ruby in, and pointed at one of the rooms upstairs.

Ruby thanked him, as he began to move his feet slowly over the wooden stairs. He moved as slowly as possible, while still thinking about the possibilities.

Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing

It took Ruby ages to get to the door, or maybe it seemed to him. But surely, he was there. He did not even bother knocking before he enters. He was too familiar about how one would feel in depression and he knew she would not open the door.
However, Ruby also knew that Sapphire won’t mind.

And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be

Ruby opened the door, as he spotted her, sitting on her bed with her hands hugging her knees. A cool breeze ruffled her hair and she merely buried her face into her arms.

“Sapphire.” He called out to him.

She didn’t even turn, nor even flinch slightly as if his presence surprised her.

“Sapphire… Are you okay?”

Still no answer, but at least this time, she looked into his eyes. Ruby could see that her eyes were blank, showing non of the joy nor energy that was always there before. As much as Ruby hates to admit, nothing scares him more than that look.

He sighed as Ruby walk up to Sapphire, sitting on the bed she was on. Slowly, she turned and looked at him. The ocean-blue eyes met the garnet eyes, however, it seemed almost as if she didn’t see him. Like she was looking straight to him.

Say it for me
Say it to me

“Sapphire… What’s wrong…?” Ruby asked, even when he knew the answer to his question perfectly well. And without surprise, Sapphire answered in a dull, monotone voice, “you should know perfectly well yourself.”

“Look… I’m so sorry… you gotta help me… Err…” Ruby stopped, desperately trying to think of an excuse, “Errr…. My Charmander died.”

Silence.

“Okay… Fine. I’m sorry, I was being a total jerk and I ignored all your feelings. Now can we be friends again?”

Silence.

Ruby finally understood. It was his fault, yet he still did not feel sorry about all of his actions. He padded Sapphire on the back, and left without a voice.

And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me

-------------------------------------------------
Professor Birch sighed as he watches Ruby walks into the rain. All of the events just happened were too familiar to him. The man chuckled as he began to walk upstairs, and opened his daughter’s bedroom door.

“Sapphire?” he called.

Sapphire said nothing.

“You know… The boy isn’t so bad. I know what you are feeling right now. You are blaming the fact that why life never goes right for you.”

Sapphire said nothing.

“You were so afraid before. You were afraid that he didn’t feel the same way. Now you heard something from him, and you thought he doesn’t love you.” This is all guesswork, however, the man still continued confidently.

“You know… Ruby is a human too… He, like the rest of us, puts on a mask. Why? Because he wants to pretend to be strong, just like everyone else. The boy had a painful past, you know. And he did not want to feel disappointed again.”

Sapphire said nothing.

“You know… It requires a great amount of courage for him to talk to you. And he finally did, yet you didn’t care, because you want him to suffer. You want him to suffer like you did. Well… I’m not blaming you here, revenge is a human nature.”

Sapphire said nothing.

“This is your life. You born, you die. What to do in the middle? You decide. Remember, only the lucky ones are able to find love in the middle.” The professor smiled warmly as he hands Sapphire an umbrella.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ruby turned his face into the clouds, letting the water slough down across his features. The headband is the only thing that isn’t entirely in water.

He started to walk again, not knowing where to go. Nor he cared. Just letting the cool rain wash over his flesh.

And the rain stopped.

Cursing, he jerked his head as he saw Sapphire, with an umbrella in hand.

He smiled.
It was a real smile, not just the ones he use as a tool he uses to continue his life. It’s not just a tool that is comparable to lies.

It was a real smile.

Sapphire did, too. It poured out from her lips as it reverberated around her.

Maybe they are not so different. Maybe it’s only because he was too dense to notice and she was too shy to acknowledge it.

It happened quickly. Before her courage deserted her, Sapphire hugged Ruby. He looked surprised but indisputably, he hugged her back.

No words were necessary, as they cried in each other’s arms while enjoying each other’s presence.

Life is tough. Ruby thought. But it’s okay.

As long as I’m with her.

As long as I’m with her…

-----

Wow... This is the end to the story. A short epilogue will follow. I couldn' think of anything so i wrote a fanfiction. It was meant to be angsty, but i cant really stand sad endings. So... yea... Thanks to all who supported this fanfiction.

Oh yes... A disclaimer. i don't own Sav'n me by Nickelback. So don't waste ur time and effort sueing me.

Also, I have a small request. The next fanfiction, i cannot decide between hoennshipping, contestshipping or advancedshipping. The plot works for all three, so i hope you guys can help me.

Patrickstar

I think it would be best for you to do advanceshipping, that would suit you're writing style.

This was a great fanfic, and I can't wait for you're next one.

I liked you're use of song parts, it added to the effect.

Brandon

I think that you should go with Hoennshipping since hoennshipping fics are so less and there are already many contest and advance shipping fics.
Hoennshipping fics will probably get u the most reviews.

Whoa. Yayz! Sapphire and Ruby hugged! -squeals- Very good, patrickstar, very good indeed. Can't wait for the epilogue, (just don't have them die or anything... kidding!) and keep up the good work!

~!Mudkip Kitteh!~ (Kitteh)

I really enjoyed reading this story. I liked how the story fits in with a real world situation. It wasn't like the usual "i love you. i love you too. *kiss* *kiss*" It was put together really well and the ending fit the story. I give the story a 5 out of 5. There were not a lot of gramatical errors which made the story easy to read. Can't wait for the epilogue!

DeM0NaRUt0

Never Alone
Hey HyperCyber. I know that this has nothing to do with this story but when are you going to post more chapters for "Yearning"? It's been like a year since you last posted a new chapter.

I was deeply moved!
Thank you for writing this!
I liked the quote:
“This is your life. You born, you die. What to do in the middle? You decide. Remember, only the lucky ones are able to find love in the middle.”