1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Live Action Akira Scrapped

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Rave, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Rave

Rave Banned

2. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Maybe Warner Brothers will scrap Death Note next.

3. Lucille

Lucille Well-Known Member

They better not. Although I could see them making someone with an austrailian accent playing Light.

4. Archimedes

Archimedes Not Dead Yet

Now if only the same would happen with King of Fighters, or Castlevania. Those both look pretty damn horrible.
    You do realize who all are working on the Death Note remake correct? It's better off scrapped.

5. johnnyd2

johnnyd2 UBER FLAMER!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  6. Shadowfaith

Shadowfaith Shinigami...

Good. I personally can't stand Live action adaptions to anime XP

7. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Screw that. Dragon Ball Evolution's sequel is top priority on the "DO NOT WANT" list.

8. _Kaji_

_Kaji_ Member

Are they actually going to make a sequel? Pretty sure the first one bombed.

In my opinion anime based movies are fine they just need to start treating them with more respect. It took them a few years to figure that out for comic book movies and it'll probably take them a while to figure it out for anime ones too.

9. Lucille

They've signed on for at least 3 sequels to Dragonball Evolution.

10. Oh God.

But I'm not complaining. Chances are a live-action movie would've ruined Akira.

11. Kamex

Kamex Team Rocket's rockin

Maybe they're afraid Dragonball Evolution is a sign that live action anime movies don't work.

...except that D:E is getting its own sequel. So I dunno.

12. TheSwedishElf

TheSwedishElf Well-Known Member

Now if only Tekken, Death Note, KiKi's Delivery Service, Prince of Persia, Shadow of the Collossus, KOF and the unwanted DB Evolution sequels would get canned.

13. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

O_O?? WTF?? How do you make a movie out of that. I'd rather them make a movie to Ico then SotC. Seriously, what are they going to do to make this work?

Agreed to having that canned.

*C_L*

14. Shishioken

Shishioken Banned

Why the hell is it that cheap American companies with a firing lust to cash off the most unnecessary of things are the ones that get the rights to anime adaptations? ****, Koreans would do better off their license (nothing to do with my nationality), and most people would agree to that.

15. Lucille

Everyone loves a good hollywood movie.

16. Shishioken

Shishioken Banned

Not the crap they're producing these days, much less comic adaptations. ~_~

17. HK

HK Radiance of Shadows

Really hope that Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll don't see the same fate; otherwise, I'm not holding out hope.

You are aware that live-action adaptions of anime and manga has been around for a long time, right?

18. P-fan

P-fan Storm Trainer

Death Note could really work, If Warner Brother could do a japanese verison, they could to american adaption of Death Note.

I was interested in seeing a live action verison of Akria, I guess that it was too differecult.

As for Dragonball evolution, yes the fail in the us, but was successful in Asia.

19. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

I'm almost willing to bet money it's gonna be Christian Bale.

20. TheSwedishElf

TheSwedishElf Well-Known Member

We all know they're gonna screw up in every way possible. Starting with it likely taking place IN AMERICA[/banditkeith].