• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Live Action Akira Scrapped

Lucille

Maybe Warner Brothers will scrap Death Note next.

They better not. Although I could see them making someone with an austrailian accent playing Light.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Now if only the same would happen with King of Fighters, or Castlevania. Those both look pretty damn horrible.
They better not. Although I could see them making someone with an austrailian accent playing Light.

You do realize who all are working on the Death Note remake correct? It's better off scrapped.

_Kaji_

Screw that. Dragon Ball Evolution's sequel is top priority on the "DO NOT WANT" list.

Are they actually going to make a sequel? Pretty sure the first one bombed.

In my opinion anime based movies are fine they just need to start treating them with more respect. It took them a few years to figure that out for comic book movies and it'll probably take them a while to figure it out for anime ones too.

Lucille

Are they actually going to make a sequel? Pretty sure the first one bombed.

In my opinion anime based movies are fine they just need to start treating them with more respect. It took them a few years to figure that out for comic book movies and it'll probably take them a while to figure it out for anime ones too.

They've signed on for at least 3 sequels to Dragonball Evolution.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Maybe they're afraid Dragonball Evolution is a sign that live action anime movies don't work.

...except that D:E is getting its own sequel. So I dunno.

TheSwedishElf

Now if only Tekken, Death Note, KiKi's Delivery Service, Prince of Persia, Shadow of the Collossus, KOF and the unwanted DB Evolution sequels would get canned.

Cobalt_Latios

Now if only Tekken, Death Note, KiKi's Delivery Service, Prince of Persia, Shadow of the Collossus, KOF and the unwanted DB Evolution sequels would get canned.

O_O?? WTF?? How do you make a movie out of that. I'd rather them make a movie to Ico then SotC. Seriously, what are they going to do to make this work?

Agreed to having that canned.

*C_L*

Why the hell is it that cheap American companies with a firing lust to cash off the most unnecessary of things are the ones that get the rights to anime adaptations? ****, Koreans would do better off their license (nothing to do with my nationality), and most people would agree to that.

Lucille

Why the hell is it that cheap American companies with a firing lust to cash off the most unnecessary of things are the ones that get the rights to anime adaptations? ****, Koreans would do better off their license (nothing to do with my nationality), and most people would agree to that.

Everyone loves a good hollywood movie.

Not the crap they're producing these days, much less comic adaptations. ~_~

HK

Radiance of Shadows

Really hope that Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll don't see the same fate; otherwise, I'm not holding out hope.

Good. I personally can't stand Live action adaptions to anime XP
You are aware that live-action adaptions of anime and manga has been around for a long time, right?

P-fan

Storm Trainer
Maybe Warner Brothers will scrap Death Note next.

Death Note could really work, If Warner Brother could do a japanese verison, they could to american adaption of Death Note.

I was interested in seeing a live action verison of Akria, I guess that it was too differecult.

As for Dragonball evolution, yes the fail in the us, but was successful in Asia.

SBaby

Dungeon Master

I'm almost willing to bet money it's gonna be Christian Bale.

TheSwedishElf

Death Note could really work, If Warner Brother could do a japanese verison, they could to american adaption of Death Note.

We all know they're gonna screw up in every way possible. Starting with it likely taking place IN AMERICA[/banditkeith].