• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Live action pokemon movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh oh I would lol imagine Pikachu in real life!!! But it will most likely never happen :(

Aegon

I would not like to see one. Just try to imagine Pokémon in real-life. They wouldn't be cartoons, but actual animals. Pikachu wouldn't even look like Pikachu anymore. I'd prefer an extremely well thought out animated movie.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
After what Hollywood did with the Super Mario Bros movie? I would say hell no.

rocky505

No because cartoons turned into live action movies suck. SMB sucked, TLA sucked, DBE sucked, Speed Racer sucked, The only good cartoons that get turned into live action are the Marvel and DC films.

L3W15 7

Master Trainer
I dunno, I guess it would be kind've cool. I just don't think it would work without loads of money piled into the cgi and nobody would pile money into a pokemon film. If they were to make one I would want it not to star Ash

rocky505

I've heard they are making a Bakugan movie. Watch it be a flop. But why would they choose that before pokemon? Probably to kill it off finally.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
all life action movies based on video game tend to suck.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I would definitely like to see it but it may be hard to make with all the Pokemon created and the design of Pokeballs.

but it maybe their first time making it so you will expect some mistakes in it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That depends, what country would it air in first? America or Japan...

They're both going to suck, but I just want to make sure.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
No because cartoons turned into live action movies suck. SMB sucked, TLA sucked, DBE sucked, Speed Racer sucked, The only good cartoons that get turned into live action are the Marvel and DC films.

Since when did comics became cartoon?

rocky505

Since when did comics became cartoon?
X men has had a cartoon, so has spider man, so has the F4 so has Iron Man and so has Hulk, Thor is in the new avengers one and so is Cap. Batman and Superman have their own and Green Lantern was on JL and JLU. They have been cartoons since like the 60's.

randomspot555

X men has had a cartoon, so has spider man, so has the F4 so has Iron Man and so has Hulk, Thor is in the new avengers one and so is Cap. Batman and Superman have their own and Green Lantern was on JL and JLU. They have been cartoons since like the 60's.

But the movies aren't based on the cartoons. The movies are based on the original form of media, the comics.

Therefore, "Well, Marvel and DC films are good adaptations of cartoons" is false because the Marvel and DC films are not adapations of animated television, but rather, adaptations of comic books.

Though sometimes, you'll get a comic-book cartoon that is inspired by the movie. "The New Adventures of Spider-Man" series that aired on MTV basically takes place between Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
I wouldn't watch it. With what happened to Mario bros, it would be really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.