• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Live action Smufs? Live Action Yogi Bear? Is nothing sacred?

TehGr81

College graduate
I was aware of the live-action Yogi Bear film, but a live-action Smurfs film? That's just ridiculous.

As stated above, these movies are bad ideas because today's generation of kids don't know who they are. The live-action Fairly Oddparents film is also a bad idea, but at least it's based upon a cartoon the kids know.

Arceusgamer14

For the love of God

Why is Hollywood making lame live action Cartoons?
PLEASE HOLLYWOOD ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP!!
What's the point of making Live action films when they are not Sacred or Gold but garbage.
Why can't they make it animated like hand drawn, CGI like Shrek, Pixar films, or stop motion PLEASE ANYTHING BUT LIVE ACTIONED.

Sorry got carried away because you can tell that I agree with you guys.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Really, those shows are good and they keep them alive on a channel called, "Boomerang".
So, I'm guessing they decided to get a blast from the past and turn into some cheesy hollywood nonsense that no one would ever imagine how those characters were. It's sad. Unfortunately, no ever-so loved cartoons are respected anymore. Smurfs in New York? Yogi Bear having more dialogue and suggestive elements that parents would really avoid because of the "safety" of their children? It's obvious the only relevant thing hollywood ever has is money to them

Last edited:

Professor-Layton

I’m not so sure about the Smerfs, but I’m definitely going to see Yogi Bear.

Dattebayo

Banned
Really, those shows are good and they keep them alive on a channel called, "Boomerang".
So, I'm guessing they decided to get a blast from the past and turn into some cheesy hollywood nonsense that no one would ever imagine how those characters were. It's sad. Unfortunately, no ever-so loved cartoons are respected anymore. Smurfs in New York? Yogi Bear having more dialogue and suggestive elements that parents would really avoid because of the "safety" of their children? It's obvious the only relevant thing hollywood ever has is money to them

Same can be said to all companies like Nintendo, and they don't usually turn out bad. If they really do make movies solely for the people who hate their recent films, they'll be losing a lot of money fast because the same people will end up not watching them, resulting in bankruptcy.

danparker

Okay, now I do know.

I remember watching Alvin and the Chipmunks in theatres, and it wasn't really good.

Now I know this has gotten out of hand.

All right, a youtube user has talked about this whole nonsense and I choose to agree with him.

So, my recomendation, when Yogi Bear comes out, do yourselves a favor, don't go see it! Tron Legacy is coming out on the same day. Go see that instead. Also, go see either Megamind, Tangled, or even Harry Potter or Nania. They're still in theatres.

As for the Smurfs, there'll be a lot of worthy films in the upcoming summer, especially one of them.

Also, let's hope that Yogi Bear gets tortured by crititcs and it's not just because of the 3D.

But seriously, this has got to stop.

hey you have forgotten Hollywood has affected people for years over this topic.
have you forgoten a certain live action movie about a plumber #cough# mario #cough# #cough#

Vernikova

Champion
If anyone is interested, Yogi Bear opened in second with $16,705,000. It lost to Tron: Legacy who opened with over $40 million.

Dattebayo

Banned
If anyone is interested, Yogi Bear opened in second with $16,705,000. It lost to Tron: Legacy who opened with over $40 million.

Odd because there's an article I read in Yahoo that Tron Legacy did poorly at the box office.

Vernikova

Champion
That's because of its budget which is $300 million if I remember correctly.

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
I saw Yogi Bear on the 18th, and I loved it. I still remember the shows well from watching them at Jellystone, and it felt like they kept everything as it should be. The voice acting and humor was spot on, even if BooBoo was voiced by Justin Timberlake. It doesn't matter if it was live action, it was still a great tribute to the show.

I see no problem with live action remakes of old shows, as long as they do them right. They're just paying tribute to the cartoon, not trying to massacre the show. Just because they aren't done exactly the same as the original doesn't mean you should instantly judge them as terrible.

M4zz

Banned
I won't even bring up Transformers. Don't worry. I'm done complaining about that...for now. :V

I'll give ya till the first of July this year.

I am too disapointed with Hollywood. They don't concider the whole rule on "do not mess with perfection", and make something purely for profit.

I'll die the day they remake The Raccoons in a live-action movie.

I don't see a problem with it. They're just reintroducing an old franchise to a new audience. It's better than letting it die off completely. Be glad you're part of the generation that knew the original thing. Art and media gets recycled many times over, you will see it a lot more the older you get.

Dattebayo

Banned
I don't see a problem with it. They're just reintroducing an old franchise to a new audience. It's better than letting it die off completely. Be glad you're part of the generation that knew the original thing. Art and media gets recycled many times over, you will see it a lot more the older you get.

But some old franchises are meant to die off due to how much its concepts has aged by today's standards.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Hardly anything that comes out of Hollywood anymore is original or creative. They all borrow something from the past. And while doing so is pretty much unavoidable, the least they could do is make their recration/homage to the original series more like it.

Oh, opinions.