• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Liza and Tate? A good Concept, or a load of dissapointment.

Do you think that the double battle gym leaders was a good idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They were amusing... Till it got to the point where I lost about 5 rounds. Try doing a Scramble Challenge with no Swampert. The double battle concept is really fun!

granbull guy

Vasoline
I like the idea but they were super annoying.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
i loved that, now id like more like that maybe 1 more and 1 elite 4.it d be cool...

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I liked the idea of a double battle gym leader, but Liza and Tate were far too easy in R/S. It was a bit better in Emerald, but not by much.

They were truly a combination. During my first time with them, my strategy went out of sync due to the incomprehensible measures of Solrock and Lunatone! Who knew something like Tate and Liza could be so powerful with Psychic? Where have those years gone by? I remember those challenges flowing by.

Last edited:

Spirit of Darkness

I don't like double battling, but it was a nice new addition, though it was bit hard and especially with the Psychic type. I remember that I had Blaziken, so it was a hard one, yet my Tentacruel helped a lot.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
True story: I have had a Sharpedo to go against these guys every time I have faced them. Only one have I not Super Rodded it in the very same cits, and that was my mono-type Water run of Sapphire.

I always ending up having more than one Water type, so I just bring those guys out and surfspam.

Andrew McKenzie

They were the toughest gym leaders I have ever faced in all my 11 years of playing Pokemon games.
No matter what type advantage I had, they always beat me at least twice before I was able to beat them for the first time.

There's not enough double battling in the games.
A note should be made that in a later game, we should get the choice of facing the leader in a double battle or a single.
If you chose single, you'd get their normal team(if they have an odd number or pokez for their team), if you chose double, an extra pokemon would be added to their team(depending on whether or not they had an even number to begin with).
I'd definitely take on a double battle league for the challenge and fun.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I think Double Battles were a great idea, but Liza & Tate were very annoying and hard to beat.

Sketchy

Scientist
I think the fact they were hard to beat is a good thing, and I think they are an idea that worked very well. I'd like to see it again at some point.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I like it, but darn....... that gym's puzzle was freaking annoying! Bt I have to admit, THE most challenging battle/puzzle I've had. It gave me a weird adrendaline while playing it, and i actually had to CONCENTRATE in the battle, which I've never done in In-game

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Dear god that battle was pain. More so in Emerald I believe.
I never lose on my first try in Gym battles, not even Norman thanks to my Mach Punching Breloom.
But Lisa and Tate? Very difficult but exiting battle. Hats off to GAMEFREAK

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Hard to beat? As if. I saved the game before I battled them, won in 2 hits. I actually went back and defeated them with two other Pokémon for sh*ts and giggles!

So, yeah, disappointing as hell despite the awesome concept.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Probably the hardest gym leaders in the game. In Emerald, anyway. Calm Minding Xatu with Claydol spamming Earthquake messes me over way too many times.

I liked the concept, as I actually prefer double battles to one-on-one. But they were way too hard to beat in Emerald. >:

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I liked the battle, the double battle kina shook things up

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
This was a good concept, though I didnt notice until now :(

It was really fun, and a little difficult at first, however..

Torpoleon

I liked how it was a double battle gym battle. The battle was hard though. I liked it a lot though.