• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

LMA: A Magic School for Pokemon Trainers (SU)

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Lumiose Magic Academy: Year One

In the city of Lumiose, Kalos, there is an old but prestigious school known as the Lumiose Magic Academy. It traces its history back through many centuries, back to when it only served royalty and nobility. It's far more open now, but still selects its students with great care. Some students are accepted based on good exam scores, some are accepted for accomplishing great deeds, some are accepted by showing great skill in Pokemon battling at a young age, some are even accepted due to family history with the school. And a few are accepted though mysterious means, invited without prior contact by the head mistress. How this happens is the subject of many rumors, but it has been known to happen every year in LMA's long existence.

The unanticipated invitations are hardly the only mystery surrounding LMA. There are odd school traditions that few will explain about, secret passages and rooms, rumors of hauntings, and many strange stories about the school that may or may not be true. As an old school, with old buildings and a long history of teaching magic, such mysteries have accumulated naturally. But not all of its secrets are old. For instance, this year an entire basement level of one of the school buildings has been locked down and forbidden from students, even though classes are normally held there. None of the students are certain about why, as they don't remember anything big happening last year and the teachers aren't explaining it. But as strange events begin to happen, perhaps some students might defy those orders to find out what's going on.

Still, the mysteries and odd traditions give Lumiose Magic Academy a unique atmosphere. There is the trial of the Battle Club, one of the oldest continuous clubs of the academy, where a puzzle based on a enigmatic device on campus needs to be solved in order to qualify for enrollment (but even that puzzle doesn't solve the device). There is the opening ceremony every year, where the meaning of its symbolism might not make immediate sense to the modern student. And there are events that observe certain days that no other school would hold. The quality of its education gives it a high prestige as well.

In its current configuration, the academy acts as a school for Pokemon Trainers of all kinds. Whether you wish to become a master battler, a Pokemon researcher, a Pokemon caretaker, a scholar of Pokemon magic, or just want to understand Pokemon well, LMA is an excellent place to study for such careers. It won't be easy, but if you succeed here, you are almost certain to succeed after graduation as well.

Welcome to Lumiose Magic Academy; we hope you have a good school year.

Additional Information of Lumiose Magic Academy

This is a private boarding school in Lumiose City, located northeast of Prism Tower. Students come through application or invitation, not automatically. New students are accepted around 10 to 15 years old, although exceptions have been made for a few years outside of that range. All students are required to live on campus. However, it is a very small school, so the dorms are quite nice.

There are seven grades to the academy's program. Each grade is split into three homerooms; a teacher will stay with a homeroom class for all seven years that the students are there. While some use homeroom simply as a study period, homeroom teachers can assign class projects or involve the students in school activities. For required classes, students stay in their homeroom and teachers come into the class. For optional classes, students will go to a specialty classroom or the teacher's homeroom.

There is a school uniform, based off the regular outfits worn by Sina and Dexio. (note: I have been unable to locate a reference picture for them so far, sorry) Personalizing through accessories is allowed. Students are expected to wear their uniform during classes and some school events. Outside of those times, casual clothes are allowed.

While this game is labeled year one, whether or not it advances years depends on activity. You can choose which grade to start with.

This is a rough diagram of the school layout:

N^
___________Boys Dorm___________
___Cafeteria/Rec______Gym________
_Girls Dorms__small park____Admin__
__Classes (1-2)_________Library____
___Classes (3-5)_Audi _Classes (6-7)_

Cafeteria/Rec: The school cafeteria, nurse's main office, school store, club rooms not tied to other buildings, and recreation rooms are located here. Basically where students gather in their free time outside of the dormitory common rooms. Has been outfitted over the past few years with modern technology so it's half old and half new; some areas are still being worked on even though the school year has begun.

Gymnasium: The gymnasium has a swimming pool and a basketball/tennis court on the ground level, with various battle arenas on the upper and basement levels. Battle classes are often held here. It's the newest building of the whole campus, having been rebuilt only a few years ago.

Small park: An open area with a few trees. There's a central patio where a portion is covered over for gatherings and outdoor classes. In the very center, there's a mysterious artifact which is currently used as a test to join the Battle Club, something that resembles an armillary sphere. Here is a wikipedia page on the armillary.

Library: The school library. Most of the books, references, and periodicals are kept on the second and third stories. There is an artifact and rare book storage in the basement that requires special permission to enter. On the ground floor, there is a tutoring hall where older students volunteer to assist younger students in their studies.

Admin: Housing the school administration, this is for all the official and often unseen business of running a school. Nicknamed the ghost building because it appears less active than the rest and what goes on in there is mysterious to a lot of students. Includes the headmistress' office and a detention room.

Audi(torium): The school auditorium, used for school-wide assemblies, school plays, music classes, special events, presentations, and graduation.

Classes (1-2): Nicknamed the Ground building, this has classrooms for first and second year students. The basement has an odd layout (like a natural cave) where a few tunnels lead to extra classrooms and a medical studies lab. Some of the more commonly known 'secret passages' have an entrance in this basement. Sixth year students have been shifted here temporarily.

Classes (3-5): Nicknamed the Psychic building, this has classrooms for third, fourth, and fifth year students. Includes one of the most infamous classrooms of LMA: the Star Gazer's room has always been used for classes on special mental abilities such as precognition, divination, and aura reading, however it is said to require such skills to even find it. Most students don't know where the entrance to that classroom is. There is also a small greenhouse attached to the building, so extra herbalists and potion classes are held here.

Classes (6-7): Nicknamed the Water building, this has classrooms for the sixth and seventh year students.. Includes a dark room and a kiln, so extra art classes are often held here. This is the building where students have been forbidden from entering the basement for any reason. The sixth year students, normally on the first floor, have their homeroom and classes elsewhere so the art classes can be moved from the basement.

Dorms: Where the students live. Each dorm has a common room on the ground floor where students living there can meet.

Clubs

As stated elsewhere, new clubs can be formed. These are what are currently listed in this thread

Official Battle (deals with Pokemon battle and magic duels, requires a test to enter)
Casual Battle (deals with Pokemon battle)
Cooking
Art
Drama
Lacrosse
Gamers' Club
Astronomy

Required Class Schedule

What most students are expected to have for classes. While the homeroom class sticks together for required classes, differences in age at acceptance lead to a different learning system. Lectures or demonstrations are given to the whole, then the students are to hold self or small group studies in class under observation (sometimes individual guidance) of the teacher.

First and second year: language, math, basic magic, basic science, social studies, PE, art

Third and fourth year: language, math, basic magic, social studies, PE, Pokemon care, one optional

Fifth year: language, math, magic, PE, Pokemon care, two optional

Sixth and seventh year: magic, Pokemon care, five optional (unless remedial in another required subject needed)

A Quick Look at Magic

I will be handling the majority of magic instruction in the game since it's a system I've created and worked with, but here is some information that should get everyone started. This would be information that a student having passed the second level should know. If you wish to know more about the system, for a particular character, scene, or event, feel free to drop me a note asking for further information.

There are three bases to magic that humans use: emotion, intelligence, and willpower. It can be related to how a fire requires fuel, air, and a spark to be created. Emotion provides the fuel and power to a spell, intelligence provides form and function, and willpower provides the spark to cast and control a spell. For a perfect casting, each base must be in equal portion. But as long as all three are present within the caster, the spell should be activated.

In order to cast a spell, a human magic user first must learn its form. This can be done to an extent through observing a Pokemon use a move like the spell desired, but this method is a slow process for most people. Instead, most human magic users rely on a runic alphabet where each letter describes a different aura effect. The runes are put into words to describe a spell. For instance, the spell for Bubble would include have four runes that say [water, aura 40, attack, slow line movement]. This is the use of intelligence in magic.

Each living being is surrounded by an aura, a form of raw magic. Most people and Pokemon cannot sense aura naturally, but such a sense can be learned. It comes across differently to different people, sometimes through sight as various colors and textures, sometimes through hearing as a layer of noise, sometimes (though rarely) through touch or smell. Aura is not constant and can change rapidly. This is because aura is a product of emotions. Translating what the appearance of another's aura means is known as aura reading and is an uncommon skill. Aura, and thus emotions, are fuel for magic.

But simply knowing a spell's form and having the aura to use it is not enough to use magic. Aura is resistant to being changed. Thus, willpower can be the most difficult part to learn about using magic. Even if someone is naturally stubborn, they could still have difficulty actually casting. This is where most humans simply give up on being able to use magic themselves. Once they decide that they can't cast spells, they won't be able to; many end up like this. Overcoming that hurdle is what makes a human into a user of magic.

Having an object to focus on often helps humans to learn and cast magic, but is not necessary. Focus objects can take on many forms, from a wand to piece of jewelry; it just needs to be something that can easily be kept on hand. As for actually casting, a common process is called the spelling method. The user puts together the runic word of the spell in black or white, then colors it in with aura, all in their mind. Shaping their aura into the runes will cause it to take form of the spell. Once the runic word is filled in, the user then 'breaks' the word, causing the spell to activate. Skilled users are capable of holding off on breaking the word to cast exactly when they want to, although doing so is more tiring than simply casting. This is the primary spell casting method taught at LMA, but not the only one.

Most Pokemon moves can be put into runic form, and thus be used by humans as spells. There are some spells that humans have made that Pokemon are unable to copy, including many curative magics. Similarly, there are a few Pokemon moves, mostly high power signature moves, that humans have been unable to translate into runic form effectively.

General Game Rules and Information

Players are free to create their own scenarios, cooperate with others, or play along with the main scenario. I'm flexible enough to work with what comes up (and that's what I plan to do). I expect some independence from anyone who signs up.

I will allow sign ups as students and teachers. I would like the inclusion of a Pokemon battle instructor, preferably someone who feels confident in their knowledge and skills in battling, who doesn't mind helping to arbitrate battles that occur within the game. Players can have multiple characters. If a teacher is your sole character, you're expected to lead a homeroom; you can name that homeroom whatever you like. If you have a teacher and a student character, leading a homeroom is optional but I may ask that you do so if more are needed.

Grade level is tentative, as I would like to make sure that there's no homeroom with only one player in it. If that level lacks a homeroom teacher and another student, I may ask you to change. Reservations aren't necessary, but to help me keep track, post your interest by saying if you want to be a student or teacher, what subject for teachers, and what grade level for students. I'll choose GM assistants if there is need.

If you have a character in a position of leadership, like the teachers, I may give you extra plot information prior to and during the game. Please do not abuse this knowledge. If one of your characters knows something and the other doesn't, make sure you play them accordingly. I might not be telling you everything, after all.

I am giving this game a rating of PG-13 for the ceiling of content that I'm expecting. Most of it should fall below that rating. Don't do anything that would require a higher rating.

Although this is a school-RP, much of the game will probably fall outside of classes, similar to how Harry Potter is. Teachers may still assign large projects as part of gameplay, or to get new events going.

Clubs can be started by teachers or by students on almost any subject. There is the official battle club, but there might even be splinter battle clubs that don't require the formality and the puzzle. I'm considering events that would require club membership/participation, but these aren't set in stone yet. Suggestions will be welcome on this.

As for Pokemon your character can have: no legendaries. Six active Pokemon maximum, although I don't recommend that many (you do have classes to attend, after all). You can also choose not to have any Pokemon, just know that it's rather unusual for this society. As for anything else, I consider the character's age and experience when reviewing SU forms for what Pokemon they have. If the Pokemon seem unfitting, I will request changes made. Use common sense and it should be fine.

I don't mind if you adapt a canon character for this. If you take somebody like the game's player characters, keep them in their initial state!

On Mega Evolution, it is a special ritual magic that is not normally taught at LMA. It is passed down from master to student in a limited fashion. Thus, it would be an unusual skill to have.

Character Sheet

Please read through the form any relevant notes.

STUDENT
Name:
Grade Level:

Description: If your character has a focus object, include it here.

Personality:

History: Part of this should consider how your character was selected to join the academy, even if the character doesn't know himself or herself.

Optional classes: Check required course schedule
Clubs: if applicable
Other: for anything else.

TEACHER
Name:
Homeroom: homeroom name and its current grade

Description: If your character has a focus object, include it here.

Personality:

History:

Classes: What subjects you teach, required or optional
Clubs: if applicable
Other: for anything else.

POKEMON
Nickname: If applicable
Species:

Personality:

History:

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
ADMISSIONS (SU not posted/under consideration)

Teacher - no homeroom, basic magic (4-6) and various magics (Ysavvryl)
Teacher - no homeroom, basic magic (7), Psionics, various magics (Ysavvryl)
Teacher - homeroom? magic (Kiruria)
Student - fifth year (Hotshot)
Student - first/second year (Mogar)
Student - first year (Sketchie)
Student - second year (innerDesign)

STAFF (teachers, SU accepted)

Artemis Silvervane - Headmistress - no homeroom, normally no classes (Ysavvryl)
Lucretia Talonflame - Teacher - first year homeroom, basic magic (1-3) and magic theory (Ysavvryl)
Alex Morgan - Teacher - sixth year homeroom, math and science (gmoyes)

STUDENTS (SU accepted)

Timothy 'Tim' Wolfe - Third year (Monster Guy)
Mateo Lapistone - First year (Hotshot)
Deandre Raziah - Third year (Schade)
Roth Sleke - Second year (Milennin)
Erica Vitale - Fourth year (Mogar)
Zoe Fortier Courtemanch - Second year (dolphy)
Nao di Pouwehi - Third year (Titan500)

(I'm finishing up the headmistress and magic theory teacher; hopefully at least one will be up later today.)

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
You might remember Tim from the other magical Pokemon RP you had. :p Changes have been made since then. I hope the exchange student from Hoenn thing isn't going to be an issue... If it is, I can change it.

I may make a second character. Maybe.

STUDENT

Name: Timothy "Tim" Wolfe
Grade Level: Third year

Description: Tim is somewhat short for a young man his age, but he doesn't really notice unless someone bullies him for it. Then it upsets him. Despite seeming weak and fragile, he is actually stronger than he looks. He has an athletic build and is physically fit due to having lived in a small town all of his life, and spending a lot of time running around outside. He spends a good amount of time in the sun so his skin is lightly tanned as a result, not pale but not bronzed either. He has messy black hair on top of his head, and his bangs go to his eyebrows. He has big brown eyes, a small nose, and a round "Babyface", which give him a youthful appearance. His face is clean-shaven, and his upper body is free of any hair except the top of his head and eyebrows.

When not wearing the required uniform, Tim prefers to dress simply and casually. He doesn't want to have to fuss with his clothes, or worry about ruining them, as well as being comfortable in them. His usual outfit usually consists of a T-shirt, shorts, and sneakers. His favorite shirt is a loose-fitting dark blue and white striped T-shirt. He wears a pair of khaki cargo shorts on the bottom that are held up by a black leather belt. His footwear of choice are a pair of comfortable grey sneakers and short white socks. He carries a blue backpack to store whatever essential items he might need to have at the moment.

Tim focuses his magic using a wand. A wooden stick that is painted navy blue. It is ten inches in length.

Personality: Personality: Tim is a shy and quiet individual by nature. He was always this way, and being bullied as a kid didn't help. He is very sensitive, and he fears being bullied. He usually speaks with a quiet voice, and occasionally a stutter when he's nervous. He also becomes very apologetic when someone shows any hint of being upset. He has a thing for Pokemon, and he usually prefers being with Pokemon than with people. Pokemon will listen without judgement, and only expect a little kindness in return. He is gentle and softspoken, which seems to be the reason why he has such an easy time with them. He gets scared easily, his worst phobia being stage fright. He gets really nervous when having to speak or perform in front of an audience. He really wants to be the brave, but it's harder than it looks.

Despite being shy, he is by no means antisocial. If you talk to him, you'll find he's quite friendly, and polite. He can laugh and make jokes like any other kid. He is always happy to have to new friends, because his shyness makes it difficult to make them. He is very affectionate and loyal to those he likes. He hates it when people are angry around him, so he tries his best to keep the peace. In conversations, he is usually more of a listener than a talker, and he has no problems being a sounding board when someone wants to vent (As long as they don't hurt him.) Tim is very kind to others, often to a fault. He is very trusting of people, and is willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Tim is usually very difficult to anger, and is very quick to forgive someone when he does get mad. However, during the times when he is not in a good mood, he can be quite scary if you do catch him at a bad moment. He doesn't want to burden others with his problems, and he fears being made fun of, so he keeps them to himself. This causes him personal frustration. When it gets to be too much, he'll lash out at the target, and let out his pent up rage. He dislikes bullying (towards himself or others,) as well as people being needlessly cruel to Pokemon. Doing one of those things is the best way to get him upset.

Tim is very careful and calculating. He always thinks before he speaks, and prefers not to wrecklessly jump into danger. However, due to his insecurity he is often uncertain if the choices he makes are the right ones. He can easily be convinced to change his mind. This leaves him with some anger when the plan fails and he knew his original idea would have worked. He also doesn't like violence all that much, having been a victim of it most of his life. Although he doesn't look like it, Tim has a big appetite. He likes eating many different kinds of foods, and has the cooking skills to match.

History: Tim was born in Fortree City Hoenn. His father was a scientist at the weather institute, while his mom was a Pokemon Doctor, who had attended magical school in her youth. Tim's parents weren't rich, but they did all they could to give their son a good life, and give him every advantage. While they expressed having high hopes for their son's success, they tried not to put too much pressure on the boy. For the most part, his life was normal. Tim was often a target of bullying because of his shyness, tendency to get scared easily, and because he was clumsy. No matter what he did to get them to stop it, it always failed or they found something else to give him crap about. It gave him self-esteem issues, resulting in him becoming even more timid. As a result, he had very few friends growing up. He didn't tell anyone about the bullying, lest it become worse. He saw other kids get beaten up much worse after they snitched, and he didn't want that to happen. So he kept it all inside and let his resentment build.

Tim's mom often brought her work home with her. She brought sick and or injured Pokemon that needed extra attention. From an early age, he always had a special talent for caring for Pokemon. They seem to be fond of him due to his softspoken nature. When not caring for the Pokemon his mother brings home, He often finds sick, or injured Pokemon himself, and cares for, plays with, and feeds them when no one else will. Around Pokemob, Tim felt much more like himself. He found relief from the stresses of life, and he's found they are the best friends he could ask for. He always knew he wanted to do something involving Pokemon when he gets older. He just wasn't sure whether to follow his mom's footsteps, or do something different entirely.

When Tim was twelve, he was invited to join a different LMA (Lillycove Magical Academy) The same school his mom attended when she was his age. His mom wasn't invited to join, she had to enroll there. Both his parents knew this must have been good news, if a prestigious magic school was inviting you to join. They immediately shipped him off to Lillycove to attend the school the following year. Tim was nervous in a new school, but he managed to do well there. He spent a few years at the school studying, and practicing his techniques. Tim did well with his studies and showed great potential. However, while he did well academically, he didn't have much of a social life. Although the bullying had stopped, he didn't really talk to any of the other students because of his experiences when he was younger.

Now, you may be wondering how did Tim end up in Lumoise? His mother thinking it would be a good idea to broaden her son's horizons, and help him meet people, decided to put him in a foreign exchange program. When Tim found out what his mother did, he was completely against the idea, (although, he didn't voice that. This was his mom after all.) Once he found out he was going to Kalos, which is known for their food, he actually started to think this might be fun, Now he was actually looking foward to visiting a new country. Tim currently attends Lumoise Magical Academy as an exchange student from Hoenn.

Optional classes: Potion Making (He figured he'd be good at this, since it's like cooking...)
Clubs: Cooking Club, (To learn to make fancy Kalos cuisine.) He occasionally assists with the Pokemon in the Pokemon Care class

Other: Pokemon Care is his best, and favorite subject. As stated before he likes Pokemon of all kinds. Both the cute ones, and the not so cute ones.

He secretly likes My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, his favorite character being Fluttershy. He doesn't go around telling this to everyone for fear of being made fun of.

POKEMON

castform.gif

Nickname: Casty
Species: Castform
Ability: Forecast

Personality: Essentially, Casty is a Pokemon version of Tim. Mainly in that he is very affectionate to others, and likes to eat. The only difference being that he is much less shy, and often be seen chatting up other people and Pokemon, as well as acting cute to charm others. He enjoys attention, and likes putting on a show to get attention. Although he knows better now, he still views Tim like a father, since he raised him since he was born. His feelings change with the weather. He is always out of the Pokeball, and is usually sitting on Tim's shoulder.

History: Casty was Tim's first Pokemon, a gift from his father on his tenth birthday. When he first hatched, Tim was the first one he saw, and for a time, he believed the boy was his mother. The two bonded quickly, and are now inseparable. Although he knows better now, he still views the boy like a parent.

growlithe.gif

Nickname: Arnie
Species: Growlithe
Ability: Intimidate

Personality: Arnie is a proud Pokemon, who distrusts humans. He is absolutely angered by the fact that he is forced to accompany one. He sometimes refuses to listen to his trainer, and will act hostile towards other humans if he dislikes them. He also dislikes shiny Pokemon, and if battling against one he will be much more agressive. However he is quite friendly towards normal Pokemon.

History: Arnie was abandoned by his original trainer as soon as he came out of the egg. That trainer was breeding for a shiny, and he wasn't shiny. He had to fend for himself in the wild for some time before Tim's mom found the injured Growlithe, brought him home, and nursed him back to health. She then asked her son to take with him on his journey. Although Tim has difficulty controlling him, he has made it his mission to get Arnie to trust humans again.

snorunt.gif

Name: Alice
Species: Snorunt
Ability: Ice Body

Personality: Alice is a very social and outgoing Pokemon. She likes making friends with other Pokemon. She is also stubborn, and does not give up easily. In battles, she likes to Toy with her opponents before finishing them off. She fears becoming a female Glalie, and wants to become a Froslass as soon as possible.

History: Tim noticed this Snorunt following him back in Hoenn while on a class trip. Tim thought it was a good idea to add her to his team, and try to catch her. In the battle that ensued, Alice purposely lost the battle, and allowed Tim to catch her. Why she was following him? She has a crush on Casty. Casty is clueless, but Tim noticed.

wingull.gif

Name: Pelly
Species: Wingull
Ability: Rain Dish

Personslity: While she is extremely affectionate and loyal to Tim, Pelly shares her owner's timid nature. She often cowers behind him when in the presence of strangers, or Pokemon bigger than herself. However, she is friendly around those she trusts. She is often seen sitting on the shoulder, that Casty isn't sitting on.

History: Tim found an injured Wingull that had been attacked by a horde of bigger Pokemon. When she first saw Tim, tried fly away, but couldn't due to an injured wing. Using a little patience, and by bribing her with food, he eventually managed to bring her out of hiding. He took her home with him, and nursed her back to health. The two bonded quickly, and when he tried to return her to the wild, she always found her way back to him. Eventually, Tim gave up trying to return her to the wild, and kept her as a companion.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Change to SU form: I forgot a grade section (well I had it at first, but this has gone through several edits). I'm adding it to the 'Name, Age, Gender' section.

@Monster Guy: hah, don't remember him exactly, but hopefully this one gets going better. A few typos, but I'm not too concerned about it. Accepted, just make sure to add which grade he's in.

Looking forward to seeing what the rest of you get done!

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Got the headmistress...

Name: Artemis Silvervane
Homeroom: none, she's the head of the whole school.

Description: Artemis is a large woman, not what one would call fat but she was quite curvy in her younger days (still is, to some extent). She has a medium-tone brown skin and a few wrinkles on her face. Her hair is long and a dark rich violet; her usual style is an arrangement of many braids, sometimes twisted into a single tail, sometimes pinned up with antique clips. Her eyes are black and her nose is on the large side. She often paints her fingernails in bright colors, but if she wears any other make-up, it's subtle.

Her wardrobe is filled with earthy colors and patterns. In fact, it can be a bit of a shock to see her in the stark white teacher's uniform for formal occasions (if she wears it; she's known for showing up to graduations in something that looks like the uniform but is more colorful). Her jewelry is mostly wood and clay, often with pendants or beads that have rune letters on them.

Personality: Artemis is an intelligent and observant woman. And that's usually where agreements on who she is end, because she's a real chameleon in social settings. She learns about people quickly and adapts her outer attitude to what the person expects or needs. She could be jolly and affectionate one meeting, then serious and cold the next. Some students are terrified of meeting with her and others consider her a friend. Some people respect her as wise and other people are wary and suspicious because she seems to be concealing things.

In truth, Artemis is an organized and eccentric person. She has an excellent memory, especially when it comes to people. She often doesn't reveal all that she knows to keep people on their toes. While mildly ambitious, she prefers to be honest and wouldn't betray the integrity of herself or the school. She is proud of the school and its students, knowing the truth behind many of the school's traditions, secrets, and mysteries. However, she likes mysterious things so she won't say directly what something is about.

History: Artemis was accepted into LMA at 9 years old, for having explored some of Glittering Cave with just her parent's Pokemon and discovering the source of a strange curse that had afflicted people in Ambrette. She didn't know what to do about it, but the LMA staff then were impressed with her adventurous spirit. She was actually a bit of a troublesome student, exploring the buildings and trying to figure out everything about it; she was even held back a year due to getting in trouble and slacking on her studies. But on picking them back up, she found that she could discover a lot more if she studied and read books, then went out to investigate things.

On graduation, she traveled all around Kalos and some surrounding regions, looking into mysterious places and living by her wits. It was rough times where she was often broke, but she loved it and learned many things. During this time, she sharpened her people skills and continued to investigate mysterious things. She tried to apprentice to a few master wizards, including at the Tower of Mastery, but her wanderlust usually kept her from finishing these studies at the time.

Eventually, at 23 years old, she got into an accident that almost killed her, leaving her unable to walk for a couple of years. Her lively spirit kept her going during the recovery process. That got the attentions of a young doctor working on her; they fell in love and married when Artemis was able to walk again. Since she was in Lumiose anyhow, she got a job as a teacher at LMA. Over time, she moved over to administration where her skills were better used, although she continued to teach from time to time. She was accepted as headmistress of LMA when she was 49 and has held that position ever since.

Classes: Some specialty classes at her discretion, usually not lasting for a full semester.
Clubs: N/A
Other: She likes wood carving and has a few pieces in her offices.

Pokemon

Nickname: Arboo
Species: Trevenant
Ability: Natural Cure

Personality: Arboo is kinda lazy, preferring to sit in one spot and watch (or pretend to watch while he naps). He wouldn't move even if another Pokemon yelled at and challenged him. But beware of threatening Artemis around Arboo: he's very loyal and will throw everything he has into stopping someone from hurting her. He has a weakness for marshmallows and peanut butter and will be nice to someone who gives him a treat.

History: Arboo has been with Artemis every since he hatched as a Phantump, thus she means everything to him. When he was young, he used to pull pranks on students, including a fairly elaborate ghost boy image in the upper windows of the administration building late at night (past curfew, so if someone saw it, they were definitely out when they shouldn't have been). He got caught by students a few times as the source of it, but Artemis usually convinced them to keep it quiet so Arboo could have his fun. But as he's started to get old, he uses the ghost boy less and less to where it's not been seen for a couple of years. Lately, he's been hanging out in detention and making sure students don't try to sneak out by stretching one of his roots over the doorway... and then napping.

-+-

And the magic theory teacher. Then I realized I want four magic teachers to make things work out, lol.

Name: Lucretia Talonflame
Homeroom: First year, Firewing

Description: Lucretia dresses in a prim and proper fashion when in the classroom. Her auburn hair will be pinned up in a bun, a pair of silver reading glasses will often be found on her face, her makeup will be neat and understated. She wears modest dresses in muted colors, along with low heeled shoes and long stockings. Her jewelry will be simple, mostly in silver and always with a slim wristwatch. As a woman of average height and weight, the overall appearance is somewhat of a strict look. Outside of class, though, she can be found in simple pants, sneakers, basic colored tops, and usually a scarf. She's also been seen with her hair down, especially on weekends.

In class, she uses a simple wand made of oak with a leather grip. Lucretia only uses this for instructing, though. She is quite capable of casting without a focus object.

Personality: Lucretia looks like a strict teacher, and to some extent she is. She is a stickler for rules, expecting her classes to operate in an orderly and attentive manner. While on the job, she is formal and polite, asking her students to be the same. However, she is actually a caring and warmhearted person. She expects a school as exclusive as LMA to be strict, but really wants to see her students do well both in their studies and as themselves. She believes more in practice and hands-on studies rather than memorization, so she's more likely to assign an experiment or go on a short field trip than a written report.

She is very much an elegant feminine person, with a touch of stoicness and an iron will. She treats everyone in a respectful patient manner. It can be hard to tell how she's feeling, because she doesn't show her emotions strongly. Still, she's friendly, if in a tough love sense. She's outgoing and assertive, but not overbearing. On her own time, she likes to read and bike, as well as traveling during times she doesn't need to be at the school. She prefers quieter Pokemon and doesn't battle them much.

History: Lucretia was a student at LMA starting at 14 years old. She had been studying at another school with a private magic tutor prior to that, but her high academics and skill in magic got her an invitation to LMA at 12. Although it was prestigious, Lucretia was nervous that she couldn't keep up, so she claimed loyalty to her current school and turned the invitation down. But she got invited the next year, and the next. With encouragement from her tutor, she finally accepted the third invitation and found that she was quite ahead of the other students, especially in basic classes. Because of that, it gave her more time to study on her own.

She graduated with honors and started a career as a magic researcher. Eventually, she found that she liked teaching magic better than researching it, so she came back to LMA as a teacher. She is married and has twin children, both in school but not quite old enough for LMA.

Classes: Basic Magic (years 1-3) and Magic Theory
Clubs:

Pokemon

Nickname: Speckles
Species: Carbink
Ability: Clear Body

Personality: Speckles is inquisitive but shy. She gets interested in things, but then is nervous to go check them out so she ends up watching from a distance. Being a new Pokemon to Lucretia, she is slowly warming up to her Trainer. She doesn't have a lot of confidence and is scared of getting hurt. While she might keep away from humans and other Pokemon, spending class time near the wall or in a secure spot to watch, she does seem kindly and happy to make friends once she gets past her shyness.

History: Lucretia had a Florges that for a long time, since she was a young girl, kept close to her as her best friend. However, the Florges passed away some time last year; she was out for a month to grieve. But this past summer, she went to an adoption society for abandoned and neglected Pokemon to pick up a new one. Speckles had been given up by her past Trainer due to being terrified of battles. They're still getting used to each other.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Tim is fifth year... I think. xD He started at ten and he's fifteen now.

Does age determine the grade level? Meaning if they were to start at thirteen, would they be a first year or a third?

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Check the info: first year students at Lumiose Magic Academy range from ten to fifteen with some exceptions, so there's lots of age variance. I don't know how Lilycove Magic Academy would be, haha, so he could be first to fifth easily, maybe an upper level if he started younger than ten.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
When I read that, I thought that meant the students had to be 10-15 years old. xD That changes things. I don't know how Lilycove Magic Academy would be either, since I made it up on the spot. xD lol.

After making a small change to his SU, I decided to have Tim be a third year.

Hotshot

Reserving a first year student, please!

Edited:

Name: Mateo Lapistone
Grade Level: First year

Description: Mateo is a short kid with thick, unruly, curly, brown hair. Because he's overly active and can't sit still, he's always been on the lean side, with very little baby fat except for his cheeks (which, to his displeasure, still maintain their roundness from his younger years). His eyes are a bright blue (a trait of his dad's side). Mateo is well-known back home for his huge grin (a grin which always manages to make people feel somewhat uneasy around him). His skin is somewhat dark, but no one really knows whether his complexion is actually tan or not, because he always seems to have a thin layer of dirt covering his body (or, at best, a few smudges here and there). When he doesn't have to wear his school uniform (which he has a horrible time keeping clean), he'll usually wear ragged, muddy jeans (rolled halfway up his shins) and a simple T-shirt or tank-top. He takes his shoes off a lot. His hands and feet are calloused from years of exploring caves and mines around Oreburgh City as a youngster with his Pokemon friends.

Mateo keeps a little blue gem (which his dad helped him make into a little amulet) on a necklace around his neck--usually hidden beneath his shirt for safekeeping.

Personality: Mateo doesn't stop moving. He has a very short attention-span and is always up for fun. He loves exploring, figuring things out, and getting into mischief. He knows Oreburgh Gate, Oreburgh Mine, and Mt. Coronet like the back of his hand, and frequently wanders into them to see what he can find. Usually this gets him into trouble, but it has turned into a real asset in instances where tourists passing through Oreburgh have gotten lost in one of these confusing labyrinths. Mateo has a great sense of direction and has found and rescued a number of lost travelers in the past. He has a knack for figuring things out, and can usually get himself out of dangerous situations with just his wits (and a cleverly-timed Pokemon move from one of his Pokemon friends).

Mateo's never been very good at schoolwork, because he likes to be active, and isn't very organized. Reading and writing aren't his thing. He's incredibly smart, but just needs a little bit of push to get him going. Somebody's going to need to tame this crazy kid if he's ever going to succeed.

History: Mateo's father works both in the Oreburgh mines and as a gym trainer under Roark. He had trained initially at Iron Island before moving to Oreburgh and meeting the woman who would one day become his wife, who was working as an intern in the Mining Museum. Mateo's mom now works as a fossil researcher in that same museum, where they have just made great breakthroughs in cloning previously extinct Pokemon from fossils. Mateo, at age nine, actually stumbled upon one of these fossils when he wandered into a cave outside the city with his father's Luxio. He had been raised to be adventurous, and adventurous he became. Because his parents were both so busy, Mateo spent most days exploring with his parents' (and later his own) Pokemon. Luxio (and later his own Shinx) would light his paths with her (later, his) Flash, and his mother's Machop would help him smash rocks that were too big for him to move or climb over.

He went to school at Oreburgh Academy, where his grades were slightly below average, but most of his teachers recognized his potential and tried to push him to do his best. He just wasn't as interested in academics as he was in activities. He was exceptional in PE and Pokemon battles (in which he was the best in his class).

One day, when he was twelve, Mateo found a middle-aged couple who had gotten turned around in Mt. Coronet and couldn't find their way out. They'd been touring Sinnoh, and were unfamiliar with the area. Their Pokemon had fainted in a Zubat-swarm attack, and they had been stuck for nearly two days. A rescue team had been dispatched, but Mateo (with the help of his Shinx and Onix) managed to find them first. The rescue team returned empty-handed and discouraged, only for Mateo to emerge from the caves a short time later with the couple and their fainted Pokemon. This was his third time to rescue missing persons. It was for this reason that, when they heard tell of his exploit, the LMA invited him to enroll. After much consideration, his parents decided it would be good for him to see the world (beyond his rocks and caves). Mateo wasn't entirely sure about it (he rather liked his rocks and caves), but he was excited nonetheless.

Optional classes: None.
Clubs: None so far.
Other: Mateo doesn't understand much about magic, beyond the fact that it exists.

POKEMON
shinx.gif

Nickname: "Blink"
Species: Shinx
Ability: Rivalry

Personality: Blink is an excitable little Pokemon--kind of like a puppy. He loves to run and play, and is generally very sweet. However, he does become aggressive when battling another male Pokemon or when defending his trainer. Despite his tough-guy attitude, he's actually pretty skittish and gets scared easily if surprised. He's also really fond of human girls.

History: Blink was born from Mateo's dad's Luxio when Mateo was ten. The two have been inseparable ever since, always tromping around in caves and tunnels with the light of Blink's tail.

shieldon.gif

Nickname: "Topsy"
Species: Shieldon
Ability: Sturdy

Personality: Topsy is the opposite of Blink--shy and timid. Because of that, Blink has always felt the need to protect and stand up for Topsy. Topsy is a peaceful little Shieldon who doesn't say much, but is reliable in times of need. He likes to eat Oran Berries and nudging things with his head (Mateo is trying to teach him how to use it for bashing--trying to teach him Rock Smash). Topsy is not skittish like Blink and isn't easily caught off-guard.

History: Topsy was born from the Shield Fossil that Mateo stumbled upon when he was nine, but the researchers at the Musuem (his mother included) were not able to restore the fossil for a couple of years. When Topsy was cloned from it, they decided to give him to Mateo as a gift on his eleventh birthday.

onix.gif

Nickname: "Pebbles" (or "Pebs")
Species: Onix
Ability: Rock Head

Personality: Pebbles is a strong, motherly Onix who takes good care of Mateo, Blink, and Topsy. Though generally peaceful, she will defend any of them if threatened. She has fought all kinds of cave Pokemon (from Zubats to Gravelers) with Mateo, and has become incredibly adept at quick escapes through tunnels with him on her back. She has been known to charge through caves like a freight train, making quick turns like a champ.

History: Mateo's father found her injured after a fight for territory with another Onix deep in the mines when Mateo was six. He captured her in a Pokeball and brought her home for care. Mateo tried very hard to befriend her (despite her massive size--which would frighten most other six-year-olds), and she warmed up to him eventually. When he was ten, Mateo's father gave her to him.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Name: Deandrè Raziah (Often nicknamed Dee)
Grade Level: Third year

Description: Deandrè is a bit above average tall, With a slim figure, as he doesn't really work out that much. His hair is at medium length, being straight and dark blue, often kept in a tidy, fashionable style. His eyes are Bright and red, inherited from his mother, and they always tend to have a somewhat bored, serious look to them. Deandrè is also very pale, being the kind of guy who would get severely burnt instead of getting Nice tans whenever he's outside. He have strict, symmetrical eyebrows and his mouth is often locked into a not-impressed frown. Despite being overall attractive, most People find his apperance to be intimidating, and he often gets cunfused With his age, due to looking, and acting older than he really is.

Deandrè's School uniform is never dirty.. Ever. He cleans it almost every week, and makes sure it is always flawless. When not wearing the required uniform, however, (he stash it neatly away in his room) he often wear the classiest of classy designer clothing that he spent half a fortune on in the various botiques around Kalos. His favorite botique is the one in Lumiose, where he have bought this outfit. It consists of a formal, elegant black shirt With a pair of custom black pants that are specially designed to fit him. The shirt is open at top, revealing Deandrès chest and a red necklace that he use to focus his Magic.

Personality: Deandrè is a fairly quiet guy, mostly keeping quiet and to himself, not talking to People he doesn't know unless they talk to him first. He's a Nice guy to be around though. He's the kind of guy that takes care of his friends and helps them out if they have smoe sort of personal troubles. He have some difficulties With making New friends, despite being more than capable enough to keep the ones he have. Other People usually find him creepy, even if they don't know him. If they did know him, they would understand that, he really is kinda creepy. Deandrè have a habit of sneaking up to People, suddenly appearing, or disappearing around them. He also sometimes break his own silence by saying something dark and ominous, or simply just laugh evilly.

He's also somewhat of a tidy-freak, having to clean everything dirty he come across, usually using his trademark frilled Purple hankerchief. If he's in a conversation With somenoe and notice somethnig dirty, he immideatly jump you in order to clean it. He's also a fashion-freak, spending just a bit too much Money on buying clothes, Dvd's, books and a lot of other Things he could have just found on the internet instead. What only adds to the creepiness-factor, is Deandrè's love for Dark, Psychic and Ghost-type Pokemon. He treats them as his closest friends, and he has inherited his fathers ability to communicate With them.

History: Deandrè was born into a fairly normal Family. Well, as normal as normal can get when Your parents are an inter-regional famous Psychic and Your mother is a local Hex Maniac. People always told their kids to stay away from those Hexes, but to deandrè, they're the most interesting People around. He was born With a mixture of inherited abilities by his parents. At an early age, he was able to make small Objects levitate With his mind, and talk With certain Types of Pokemon, just like his Parents. He was an outcast in School though, and all the other kids either avoided him or bullied him. This made him into a quite silent person, though he did have a few friends who knew how he really was.

Deandrè grew up With his Family in Laverre City, his parents teaching him everything about the occult etc. and one day when he turned ten, his father went out With him to Catch him his first Pokemon. After a lot of struggles, a Pumpkaboo floated by and decleared its interest in Deandrè by soothnig him after an accident caused by another Pumpkaboo. Deandrè loved Pumpkaboo, and told his father to Catch it, which he did while muttering something about Owing Deandrè's mother, Luna, a romantic dinner. Pumpkaboo, named Wisp, quickly became Deandrè's best friend, and kept him Company when he was otherwise lonely. They didn't practice much battling, as deandrè liked the best to stay indoors studying and Learning.

His father traveled a lot due to his reputation as the best, so his Mother was the one to look after him most of the time. She would bring Deandrè along on her small Journeys to other towns on visits to friends and Family, as well as shopping exclusivly in the finest shops due to their relation With Deandrè's father. This was how Deandrè developed his love for shopping, abusing his fathers reputation to obtain fancy stuff. Money was no issue either. One of Deandrè's mothers friends, an old woman named Dorothea, har predictd that deandrè would be able to achieve greatness, and that fortune was on its way to find him. His mother was really excited about this, and deandrè was really just confused. It did happen eventualy though. One day when deandrè and wisp ws taking their daily night-time walk, a Shady character covered in a black cape With a Hood covering his face stood before them. the figure held out its skeletal, pale hand, and held out a letter in a fancy envelope. Deandrè, who really wasn't frightened one bit about this sudden apperance, acepted the letter before the figure simply vanished into thin air. The letter had the initials LMA on it With golden letters.
Deandrè is now a Third year student at the academy, and have gotten quite used to how Things Works around there.

Optional classes: "Psionics- Mental Ability-study 101. How to hurl a Chair through a room without touching it, looking cool while doing so."

Clubs: N/A

Other:
- Deandrè is the son of a Psychic and a Hex Maniac
- He loves Slurpuff-shakes
- Pumpkaboo is his closest friend
- All his Pokemon are caught With Luxury Balls
- Deandrè's abilities are: Visual Inhibition, (allows him to make his presence less noticeable to other People) and Telekinesis
- His eyes glow red and a blue aura occasionally surrounds his body when using his telekinesis
pumpkaboo.gif

Nickname: Wisp
Species: Pumpkaboo
Ability: Pickup

Personality: Wisp is a very caring Pokemon. He's Deandrè's first Pokemon and closest friend, who loves to creep People out by making odd noises etc. Wisp is a bit more social than Deandrè is, and often pop out to greet New People that Deandrè might try to avoid.

History: For his tenth birthday, Deandrè's father took him out to the route NeXT to Laverre City to Catch his first Pokemon. His father and mother had made a bet wether he would get a Psychic-Type or a Ghost-Type as his first, and Deandrè immideatly fell in love With the huge Pumpkaboo he encountered. unfortunatly, the huge Pumpkaboo flew and crashed in his head before taking off. Deandrè's father couldn't stop laughing, and another Pumpkaboo, Wisp, came across and started soothing the crying Deandrè, thus starting their long friendship.
espurr.gif

Nickname: Davina
Species: Espurr
Ability: Own Tempo

Personality: Forget everything you've read about deandrè and Wisp. Davina is a Creep! she can stand still for hours just staring at.... something. she has a habit of following People, just staring at them. She's a very Timid Pokemon, and the reason for her staring is that she's too shy to be around others. when With Deandrè, Davina is a lot more cheerful and optimistic. But she's Creepy!

History: Davina simply started following Deandrè one day, staring... They eventually befriended, and she became a member of Deandrè's team.

sneasel.gif

Nickname: July
Species: Sneasel
Ability: Pickpocket

Personality: July is a proud Pokemon that loves to fight. He takes great pride in his strength, and fights until the very end. This has made him a formidable battler, and difficult to defeat. Whenever he get defeated though, July goes into a depressive phase, often starting to cry, isolating himself from others.

History: Deandrè encountered July on his way to Dendemille Town one day With his mother. The Pokemon held on quite the Battle, before losing to Wisp. July sensed great possibilities, and offered to join Deandrè.

Last edited:

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I've never played in an RPG before... well, I did a sign-up for one a while ago, but the RPG never started.

STUDENT
Name: Roth Sleke
Grade Level: 2nd year

Description: Roth is fairly tall for his age. He has dark blonde hair that's usually a little messy because he forgets combing it. In his free time Roth is not overly concerned about his looks, and likes to wear simple and casual clothes (shirt + jeans). His favourite T-shirt being a custom-made that he got from his parents with a print of his Absol on it. Other than his above-average length, Roth doesn't stand out too much when it comes to looks.
He also often carries his backpack with him, which hold his PokéBalls, drawing material (sketchbooks, pencils etc) and a few other things that he likes to keep with him (PokéPuffs, Potions, some comic-books).
Roth uses his pendant as his focus for magic practice. The pendant is small and triangle-shaped, with an eye in the middle. He carries it around his neck at all times, only taking it off when he's going to sleep or when using it for magic practice.

Personality: Roth is a bit quiet in general. He's the type that prefers to listen, rather than doing the talking. When he does talk he's often straight-forward and a little blunt (unintentionally so). Roth usually appears serious, but has a witty, and at times, a somewhat childish side. He doesn't feel comfortable in crowds, and prefers to keep a distance from large groups of people. Roth has some friends, but none of them did go to the LMA, so he only meets with them during the weekends or holidays.

When it comes to schoolwork Roth tries his best to do it all. He'll attend every class, and finish most, if not all of his assigned homework. Despite that, Roth generally doesn't score that much higher than the average on the tests.
In his free time Roth likes to spend time with his Pokémon, doing things like taking walks, basic training, petting them etc. His Pokémon are friends to him and he cares a lot for them. He also likes to spend time drawing comics or watching other students do Pokémon battles. Roth wants to like battling using his own Pokémon too, but seeing them getting hurt pains him. Outside of training he'll not accept most challenges.
Roth tries to avoid conflict, and likes to stay neutral as much as possible, not joining one side over another unless his friends are involved.

History: Roth was born and raised in Laverre City, a small place in the northern part of Kalos, surrounded by forests and swamps. He has a younger brother, who is currently studying abroad, but when they were younger they spent a lot of time together, playing and exploring the areas around their hometown. His parents own a store that sells all kinds of Pokémon stuff (medicines, balls, toys etc.)
When Roth was twelve he received his first Pokémon from Professor Sycamore, an Absol. Roth had always liked Pokémon, but once he got his own, he fell in love. Over the years Roth has captured several other Pokémon, but he set most of them free because he realised that he doesn't have the time to take care of them all. His love for Pokémon made the choice easy to study at LMA.

Optional classes: -
Clubs: Secondary Battle club, Art club
Other: Nothing as of now

absol.gif

Nickname: Aluna
Species: Absol
Ability: Super Luck

Personality: Roth's first Pokémon. Aluna is an energetic and cheerful companion... and a little naive at times. She's a bit shy towards humans and other Pokémon she isn't familiar with.

History: Given to Roth by Professor Sycamore at a very young age. Has been at Roth's side for 4 years now.

whimsicott.gif

Nickname: Sophairy
Species: Whimsicott
Ability: Prankster

Personality: Sunny and lighthearted. Always smiling and dancing around, not knowing when to stop. Will tirelessly attempt to cheer up Roth when he’s feeling down, or simply for not having a smile on his face.

History: She just happened to drift into Roth’s room one day when he had the window to his room open. Roth wasn’t particularly interested in keeping her at first, but she refused to leave because she was having too much fun playing with whatever she could find in his room.

nidorino.gif

Nickname: Nido
Species: Nidorino
Ability: Rivalry

Personality: Nido is wild and full of energy, and Roth often has trouble keeping him under control. Nido loves to fight and showing off when there’s female Pokémon of his egg group nearby. He’s a tough guy, wanting to get even tougher

History: Roth encountered him as a Nidoran♂ during one of his treks in the areas surrounding Laverre City. Nido was the first Pokémon Roth caught in the wild.

Might do a small drawing of my character if it actually gets accepted.

Last edited:

Hotshot

If my character Mateo is accepted, I'd like to reserve a fifth year (GIRL) student with a Lampent and Galvantula. (Looks like this needs more female students.)

Pyroli

Banned
Name: Erica Vitale
Grade Level: 4th

Description:

Erica is tall for her age. She stands around 5’7” and weighs about 140 pounds. Her body type is somewhat different. She kind of lacks a feminine form, and is just tall and lanky. She is really just skinny and lacks any sort of hourglass shape and large breasts, actually in the breast department she’s only around a A cup, giving her small bumps instead of breasts. Her skin is pale white and she usually wears light pink blush and black mascara. Her paleness is accented by her light grey eyes, which reflect the moonlight quite well. She has long brownish orange hair which is usually tied into a nice ponytail by means of a black bow. Her hair is kept neat by a nice green plaid hat, it could be described as a newsboy hat.

For clothing, Erica wears a half sleeve brown shirt, it’s very plain other than the fact that the sleeves go only to her elbows. It’s dark brown in colour and is accented greatly by a lighter brown leather jacket with has a furred hood and a small patch on her right side with her initials embroidered into it. For her lower half she wears a pair of black tights with a golden and brown belt to keep them up, along with these she wears a matching pair of shoes which accent her overall look greatly. She also wears a skull necklace around her neck, which could be described as her focus object. In response to her school uniform, she always makes sure it is kept neat and tidy but always makes sure to allow herself to wear her lovely skull necklace.

Personality: Erica is a very outgoing person, she adores the company of people and always likes to be the center of attention. She has a natural air of leadership about her and will often show her boldness to the other students of this academy. However, her brash attitude towards everything often gets her into trouble due to her acting before fully thinking out a situation or it’s consequences. It’s difficult to make Erica angry as she is a very level headed person, however when she is angry it’s a very bad sign and it’s probably a good idea to stay out of her way on that specific day. She doesn’t seem to care about relationships, thus usually doesn’t realize when someone is flirting with her, and she usually never flirts with anyone else.

Erica is messy. Her area in the bedrooms is usually very messy, leaving clothes among the floor and her sketchbook often laying open beside her bed with a few scattered crayons and pencils among the pages. Erica is also very motherly however, and will always attempt to help anyone who needs her assistance and will always help anyone who is injured. She’s easy to get along with and has very few enemies.

History: Erica was born in Mahogany Town, Johto. A seemingly unusual place for a family to be raising a young girl, however, Erica never knew her parents. Erica’s father left her mother about a week after she was born, and her mother died a few days later, seemingly of a broken heart. Lucky for the girl, however, her mother’s parents lived nearby, allowing her to stay in the town and still be raised by family members rather than being put in an orphanage. However, due to living in a mostly retired community, Erica really didn’t have any friends growing up, but she always found fun in playing chess with the retired people.

Erica always knew she was a little different from other kids, especially when she was around ten years old. Around this age she was gifted with an odd skull necklace, earlier she had seen the necklace in the local antique shop and had fallen in love with it, because of this her grandfather bought it for her. She had felt strangely drawn to this necklace from the first point she had seen it. Soon after she received the necklace, she noticed that if she focused rather hard, she was able to hear some Pokemon and people’s thoughts. However, these were often muddled and she usually only heard bits and pieces of what they were thinking. Shortly after this, she encountered a lovely Pokemon. This Pokemon was a small Cloudy bird that was a Swablu. She named the Swablu, Mortemer, after it had began following her around.

After that, she received an odd letter in the mail. This baffled her and her grandparents, but this letter had the initials LMA on it With golden letters. Erica is now a fourth year student thanks to studying very hard at the academy, but she’s still trying to truly grasp the concept of magic.

Optional classes: Art
Clubs: Drama Club
Other:
-Has a love for Pokemon
-Can manipulate her voice very well to cause her to sound different. Making her a good voice actor.

Pokemon

swablu.gif

Nickname: Mortemer
Species: Swablu
Ability: Natural Cure

Personality: Very sweet and calm, she cares a lot about Erica and often acts as her guardian during her journey. While she’s out of class, Mortemer often rests on her shoulder.

History: Erica found Mortemer during an outing with her grandparents, the young cloudy bird began following Erica around and chirping at her ideally. While talking with her grandparents she managed to convince her grandfather to throw a Pokeball at the Swablu, who quickly became very close to Erica.

togetic.gif

Nickname: Razz
Species: Togetic
Ability: Super Luck

Personality: Razz is a very motherly Pokemon to Erica, acting like the mother she never had. She’s very protective of Erica and if anyone tries to hurt her she’ll immediately defend her.

History: Razz was given to Erica by her grandmother as an egg. The two developed a close relationship as Erica cared for the egg, after it hatched Erica adored the small egg Pokemon and raised it to a high enough level of friendship to get it to evolve.

misdreavus.gif

Nickname: Ego
Species: Misdreavus
Ability: Levitate

Personality: Ego is quiet, he doesn’t seem to have a personality as he usually just levitates next to Erica when he’s out of his Pokeball.

History: Ego was found by Erica in the basement of her house, he was found cowering in a corner. Erica adopted him as one of her Pokemon because he didn’t have anyone to care for him.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I think I have a character who could fit well as a teacher... His main subject would focus on aura-related stuff, so stuff like being able to sense and manipulate auras, and details about its colour or shape. Also, applications of the aura, such as in healing, psychokinesis, and even weather work. Would this be its own subject, or would that fall under basic magic?

Alternatively, I could do a music teacher.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Any slowness on my part is due to recovering from illness, so don't worry; you just have extra leeway on time to get things together. I should be more on par in a couple of weeks when I start this.

Also, this post has notes on several details, so you might want to read through it.

Hotshot: Nice work on Meteo; Accepted. One thing I would say is that magic is not restricted to Kalos. Roark would actually be a master at magic because it's a requirement to be a Gym Leader (save for cases of two Leaders in the same gym). The Leagues have two challengers, a training challenge that's what you would see in the games and a magic challenge where you get a Proof of Magic. But I hadn't mentioned that, so no biggie; just an extra bit you might like to know. And I'll add note of your second character to the list.

Schade: hah, your SU made me smile. I especially like the bit where a Pumpkaboo made Deandre's father remember that he needs to do something romantic for his wife. Accepted, with one note: he's third year, so he can have one optional class. Due to him having inherited abilities, I would suggest Psionics, as the study of mental abilities (it's hard to call them 'psychic' powers when the class doesn't stick to the Psychic type). It's a general class that he'd be recommended to before he delves into his specific abilities.

Milennin: Hey, good to meet you. From the names I'm seeing, you're in good company, so don't worry about being new to RPs. Onto your character, the sign up is a bit brief, especially the Pokemon personalities. But it gets the point across clearly and meets forum expectations, so I'm fine with that. Accepted.

Two other things about Roth. As a second year, he doesn't have an optional class he can choose; art is required for his year, so it won't be a big problem. Also, is he in the official battle club or another one? Being in the official one implies that he is already pretty good at magic, with a fair range of spells he can recall. It's not impossible for a second year (a first year could pull it off with some persistence), but something to consider.

Mogar: Gonna have to be careful with that skull necklace, but I can see how it would be useful. Plus you've got a check in that she doesn't know how to use it well, so it passes. Accepted. Although in the description, I think you mean that she's an A-cup, not a B. B's noticeable. (lol, can't believe I'm correcting someone on bra sizes)

Kiruria: Yay, another teacher! Aura studies would put you as one of the teachers in the Star Gazer room mentioned, and each of those subjects could be a class on its own (especially the healer class). A music teacher could help too, although we don't have any music students yet. Well... to make sure that you manage to stay involved, you could teach those subjects as extras as well as taking responsibility for a few of the basic magic courses. If I bump Ms Talonflame down to Basic Magic 1-2, then you'd have the choice of magic classes 3-4 or 5-6. I'm keeping level 7 to another teacher I'm making. And remember that unless you make a second character, your teacher would need to have a homeroom class (again, to make sure you stay involved). But with those subjects, especially the music teacher, I'd recommend a homeroom anyhow.

Last edited:

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Milennin: Hey, good to meet you. From the names I'm seeing, you're in good company, so don't worry about being new to RPs. Onto your character, the sign up is a bit brief, especially the Pokemon personalities. But it gets the point across clearly and meets forum expectations, so I'm fine with that. Accepted.

Two other things about Roth. As a second year, he doesn't have an optional class he can choose; art is required for his year, so it won't be a big problem. Also, is he in the official battle club or another one? Being in the official one implies that he is already pretty good at magic, with a fair range of spells he can recall. It's not impossible for a second year (a first year could pull it off with some persistence), but something to consider.

Thanks, and glad my entry got accepted.
Oh yeah, I misread the schedule for 2nd years, so I'll remove the part about the optional class.
I didn't think the official battle club would be so prestigious, but in that case Roth would probably be in a secondary battle club (the one for scrubs, for people not as talented in magics). I'm just wondering why the character needs to be good at magic in order to join... I'm assuming this official battle club revolves around Pokémon battles? Or is it like from Harry Potter where the characters themselves duel against others using the spells they know?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Psionics eh? Never heard of it.. But I'll list it anyway. and thanks, I was a bit unsure of his history section myself, and I'm planning on making his Obsessive compulsive disorder about cleaning a recurring gag in the RP

Edit: I also listed his abilities, making it easier to remember them

Last edited:

Hotshot

Thanks for the acceptance--I'll try to have that other character up sometime soon!

Also, I don't mean to be nit-picky, but his name's "Mateo," not "Meteo." Just a little note there!

Couple of general questions:
Will our characters be involved in Pokemon battles outside of school?
Will we encounter wild Pokemon?
Do our Pokemon evolve?
To what extent is magic involved in Pokemon battles (either with other students/trainers or with wild Pokemon, if applicable)?

Last edited: