• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

loading error in diamond/pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
It sounds like the wireless hardware in your DS is faulty. If you've ever paid attention, you'd notice that your DS's power light flashes momentarily at the resume game screen, indicating that it's doing some sort of wireless polling or something. (I don't know why.) If this polling fails, it may give an error message and return you to the title screen, resulting in an endless loop keeping you from playing the game.

I'm glad that they replaced your DS for you. :)

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Nintendo is very helpful when one of their machines gets truly busted. There was one time I got some fatal error with my Gamecube playing Super Smash Bros. Melee, so I took it to an authorized Nintendo Repair Center. They took it in, and a week later, I got a replacement Gamecube in the mail.

Phone hotlines are usually full of inexperienced people trained only to handle some of the most commonly-asked questions; some are even from places like India and South Africa. E-mail hotlines are far too congested for the people to deal with on an individual basis.

Sorry if this doesn't contribute to the discussion, but it sounds like a hardware problem, and Nintendo always fixes their hardware problems. At the very least, this policy of Nintendo's allows them to quietly release "verison upgrades"; future DSs will most likely have a patch that'll prevent this from happening again.

(I never noticed the little power light flashing, but you're right! I think it has somehting to do with starting up the Mystery Gift.)

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
Nintendo machines are not crap. They'll reimburse you. Just ask them.

Blazios

If you've ever paid attention, you'd notice that your DS's power light flashes momentarily at the resume game screen, indicating that it's doing some sort of wireless polling or something. (I don't know why.)

I believe that one of the things it does is checks for a Pokémon Ranger cart that is on wireless and ready to give you the Manaphy egg.

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
Then why does it continue to do that even after I get Manaphy?

It's in the coding of the game to send out the signal. Besides, who knows what nintendo has up their sleeves next?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It certainly means it's there for more than just Manaphy. I still stand by my hypothesis that it's there for the Mystery Gift.

The InVinCiblE

Resist Is Useless
Omg, i'm getting the same error, but mine is when i want to trade or battle on wifi.

It seems that some people had the same problem on wifi, how did you guys solve this problem?

The InVinCiblE

Resist Is Useless
Could somebody please give answer, I really like to trade pokes with people I know from other countries.

The InVinCiblE

Resist Is Useless
C'mon guys, do you really don't know it anymore?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
What's happening? Is the game freezing when you ty to go onto Wi-Fi? (My DS seems to not like Wi-Fi anywhere but McDonald's anymore...It happens occasionally)

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!

I'm gonna get you...
Yeah. What it does is tries to find another DS to communicate with, and it cant. For some reason is starts wireless communications during the loading screen. Just wait, and it'll be normal.

The InVinCiblE

Resist Is Useless
No it doens't freeze, it just tells that If I press A then I go back to the place i've last saved. And when I try again i get the same error over and over again

legends r us

<-----feel bad!!:(
If i were you i wuold reset the game while you are at the begining and see if it happens again. If it does go to where you bought and tell them it is faulty and get a new one for free so that nothing happens in the near future.

The InVinCiblE

Resist Is Useless
But I've imported it so it would take milions of years before I would get it back.

orestisman

I have a similar problem with Pokemon Soul Silver. I have it for two years and it was always working perfectly. When i opened it yesterday after the title screen this appeared "A connection error has occurred. You will be returned to the title screen. Please press the A Button". After press A i go to the title screen and the same thing happens. I need help so please answer me.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Woah nelly, you're posting in a thread with no posts since 2007. Please don't bump threads with no activity for a month, never mind that long please.

I'm not sure what the error is - try cleaning your game and DS/3DS slot for dust, I suggest, and if you still have issues try the Help/questions thread sticky at the top of the section. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.