• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Locations from DPPt you wish to see return in Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Imagine yourself in a big and vast forest right? Something similar to the forests in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. You see a mansion from the distance. It's colorful and vibrant, it looks recently built. You see a little girl playing with the various Pokemon around the mansion and then you are greeted by the butler who tells you of the history of this... Chateau... This New Chateau. And it hits you, the Butler you're talking to. The little girl playing with the Pokemon. The New Chateau? This is the haunted house from Diamond and Pearl and you are in Eterna Forest. You are given a chance to explore the Chateau before it's mysterious collapse, before it was abandoned and haunted by ghosts.

Do you get it now? Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a prequel to DPPt and so we should expect some returning locations. Due to the new open world setting and the fact that this is set years before the events of DPPt, returning areas may also look wildly different. With that said, which locations from DPPt do you wish to see return in Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

Last edited:

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
There’s a ton of locations in Sinnoh with nice lore that need expanding, but I really would love to see Floaroma Town. Its origin story is very beautiful and it would be a nice event for Shaymin; I’m already imagining a cutscene where we see the flowers bloom for the first time.

I think it’d be cool if we could see the formation of the Underground; maybe help dig it, even. Assuming they’re going for a Meiji-esque setting, I also think finally getting the full story on the Old Chateau would be really fun. There’s a lot they can do to foreshadow/establish future locations here.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Here's what I think.
  • Definitely Celestic and Eterna will be out there since these are few of the oldest places in Sinnoh.
  • Solaceon Ruins might be before it became a ruin.
  • Oreburgh would probably be an old mining town.
  • Pastoria was established to protect the Great Marsh and I see it on it's early stages.
  • Canalave is probably just a small canal town.
  • Snowpoint is a temple city.
  • The three lakes should be there.
  • Spear Pillar is not in ruins yet.
  • Stark Mountain is a very active volcano.
  • Other towns and cities haven't been established yet. But I expect new towns that aren't present in modern Sinnoh.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Here's what I think.
  • Definitely Celestic and Eterna will be out there since these are few of the oldest places in Sinnoh.
  • Pastoria was established to protect the Great Marsh and I see it on it's early stages.
  • Other towns and cities haven't been established yet. But I expect new towns that aren't present in modern Sinnoh.
And the final boss is Cynthia's Grandmother mwahahahaha. In the manga, she's even more stronger than Cynthia that she's Cynthia's mentor in mythology and battling and Cynthia is pretty OP. Wouldn't that be a fun thing to do in the games.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It'd be interesting to see Floaroma Town before it was founded, maybe there could even be an event with Shaymin there where we trigger the event that founded it.
What will become Rt. 205, Valley Windworks, and Fuego Ironworks (none of which I think exist in this period yet, certainly not the latter two) would look absolutely gorgeous in a 3D open world.
I'd like to see what some of these ruins looked like before they were ruins, such as Solaceon Ruins, Snowpoint Temple, and Spear Pillar.
Rt. 210 and Rt. 215 already looked wild and untamed in modern Sinnoh, imagine how that area looked before Sinnoh was settled.

Worth keeping in mind, since this is an open world game, these areas are probably just large contiguous zones instead of distinct areas. Rt. 204, Floaroma Town, Rt. 205, Valley Windworks, Fuego Ironworks, and Rt. 206 are probably just one big grassy valley (or wasteland before Shaymin revitalizes it). Rt. 210 and Rt. 215 are probably a dense jungle/rainforest-esque location (not quite like a jungle or rainforest, can't think of the right word for it). Rt. 212S is probably part of the Great Marsh which is just... a marsh, before it was turned into a Safari Zone. The whole swath of Northern Sinnoh is probably just a snowy open field like Rt. 217 still is in modern Sinnoh (hopefully less of a pain to trudge through though). This is going to be a very different Sinnoh, not just because of the time period, but because we'll have to think about Sinnoh entirely differently from the original. It's no longer a series of interconnected set paths but a giant open area, so we'll be able to travel through it in directions we couldn't in the original.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just hope that there are varied biomes, especially with the east and west Sinnoh being divided by Mt. Coronet. The whole region might possibly be based on feudal Hokkaido too.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I’m excited to see:
*Spear Pillar
*Solaceon Ruins
*The three lakes
*Snowpoint Temple
*Turnback Cave
*Celestic Town ruins

I LOVE lore. And I always felt like Pokémon never went past the bare minimum with diving into the lore, and we only have bird keeper Toby and other good poketubers to try to theorize lore. All of these locations are really old, and so I’m curious to learn why they were like that long ago. Like a more untouched Spear Pillar, one not yet crumbling. Also it’s been a LONG time since I played through Sinnoh (very excited I get to again soon). So, remind me, aren’t there ruins inside of mt coronet?

Ultra Beast Lover

I’m excited to see:
*Spear Pillar
*Solaceon Ruins
*The three lakes
*Snowpoint Temple
*Turnback Cave
*Celestic Town ruins

I LOVE lore. And I always felt like Pokémon never went past the bare minimum with diving into the lore, and we only have bird keeper Toby and other good poketubers to try to theorize lore. All of these locations are really old, and so I’m curious to learn why they were like that long ago. Like a more untouched Spear Pillar, one not yet crumbling. Also it’s been a LONG time since I played through Sinnoh (very excited I get to again soon). So, remind me, aren’t there ruins inside of mt coronet?
There is one, it's similar to the one in Celestic town if memory serves.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
I think that location spotting is one of the smartest reasons to have BDSP come out so soon before LA. I haven't thought too much about locations in Sinnoh in years, outside of the basic places, so being able to go through the region as it is in the "modern days" before hopefully seeing the story about how it was shaped centuries prior is a great call. Personally, I'm really interested in seeing some of the natural landmarks back when they were larger and more wild. Seeing Eterna Forest as a dense forest (which I think we might've seen briefly per the many trees surrounding a huge tree that Gamexplain kept pointing out in their analysis), route 217 as an unforgiving freezing snowfield, and the three lakes that I imagine will be a big part of the story as we get closer to Arceus will all be incredible. It's hard for me to know exactly what to anticipate settlement-wise, but I imagine we might also see some meteorites fall around Veilstone if we're lucky.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
All the geological places like the three lakes, all caves, mountains should existing. Also all the old temples and constructions like Spear Pillar and the Snowpoint temple should be in too.

I guess they'll replace all the modern towns with smaller villages like in Breath of the Wild.

Also a wild guess would be Celestic town to be the starting town if the village in the trailer isn't the one. Would make sense to me.

yewforest

As you can see from my profile pic, I'm a BIG ghost-type fan! I'm hoping they do Eternia Forest justice! I wanna see a forest that gets gradually creepier at night with the wails of Ghost-Types like Misdreavus and Drifloon being heard in the distance!

Aside from that I think the area where Floaroma Town would be cool!

OH OH OH! I also wanna see how they handle Turnback Cave! I want it to be extra spooky! The Moon Islands would also be cool too!

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
As you can see from my profile pic, I'm a BIG ghost-type fan! I'm hoping they do Eternia Forest justice! I wanna see a forest that gets gradually creepier at night with the wails of Ghost-Types like Misdreavus and Drifloon being heard in the distance!

Aside from that I think the area where Floaroma Town would be cool!

OH OH OH! I also wanna see how they handle Turnback Cave! I want it to be extra spooky! The Moon Islands would also be cool too!
I actually want to see a darkai event done well

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Here's what I think.
Stark Mountain also isn't a part of the Sinnoh region yet. Not prominent on the Map, and it's why I don't think we'll see something like Iron Island or Canalave City (although it may play a large role in the story)

I find it interesting that pretty well 40% of the bottom-right of the Sinnoh region *should* be swampland but we haven't seen a lick of it. Same goes for snowy biomes- we've see light dusts of snow but no actual snow area. To tie back to above I also find it interesting that the main city isn't based out of Canalave- the city that is home to the Sinnoh Library with all the ancient texts. Libraries tend to be central to capitals and while this is a long branch to go out on, i'm theory hungry.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Ancient Solaceon Ruins, Spear Pillar and Sinjoh Ruins... Distortion World and Ultra Wormholes would be good for me as well (I know most would hate that)...

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I wonder if the settlement that's founded will eventually become Jubilife City. If this games set 100 years in the past in that time the settlement could turn into Sinnohs biggest city which happens to be Jubilife.