• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim62

Hello
I just remembered something.
The first time I played pokemon red. I was in mt.moon and you know that hiker guy that stands infront of the stairs? Well my pokemon's hp was low so I was afraid of whiting out cause....Well I didn't know exactly what happened when you whited out back then so I just restarted everytime that happened and I didn't want to have to walk all the way back to that point again. Sooo scared I didn't pick up the moon stone at the top left corner of the room for fear he would come over and say something like "HEY THAT'S MINE!!!" and then battle me.

Did any thing like that ever happened to you?

~GreeN~

wow did that happend to you huh

F0xH0und7

TwinWeavile
after skipping to other generation games, i totally forgot about the coffee guy who wont let you pass in viridian city and i tried going around and cut the tree but it was impossible. then i remembered the parcel i needed to deliver. same thing with the gaurds at saffron.

jorsian

Well the stupidest thing i've ever done is take like 10 days to find that house on pokemon silver at the begining i was like 6 and i had no idea how to play.

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
I remember the first time i went into the burned building. I got the secret key, and then restarted because i had absolutely no idea how to get out. The next time i got there, i used an escape rope. They are handy. I still have to use an escape rope to get out today. :p

Jolteh

The one and only.
Once I got stuck in one of the islands (the one where Articuno is).
I couldn't get out so I restarted my game.
That happened when I was 9. =P

Kim62

Hello
Once I got stuck in one of the islands (the one where Articuno is).
I couldn't get out so I restarted my game.
That happened when I was 9. =P

Yeah that's probabley one of the most complicated caves in the game. It's so complicated that some people think it's a dead end cave.

Supergamer229

lol nothing lik ethat ever happened 2 me tho. My friend tho once saw a shiny metapod and reset his game thinking it was a missingno-like glitch or sumthin

Garmmon

FUN :D
There were no shinies in 1st gen...o_o'
There come these exact reasons why I always carry Escape Ropes/a Digging Pokemon with me now. =P Then there was one time I got into Glitch City without knowing how and I just resetted.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
In red I won agianst brock using a kakuna?!

LOL:D

Yeah, I did something similar in Blue, with Bulbasaur, Pidgey, and Caterpie. Bulbasaur didn't have Vine Whip, but it did have Leech seed. It defeated Geodude with little problems, got a Leech Seed on Onix, used Tackle a couple of times, fainted. I sent out Pidgey, used some Gusts, fainted, sent out Caterpie, won, Caterpie grew to lv. 7 as a result, and evolved into Metapod.

Darato

(o,..,o)
I thought there was something wrong with my Charmander when it evolved.

I’d also go around saying Bulbasaur evolves into everyone since it’s the first Pokemon on the list.

L.F.D.

Dynamic Mimiroll

I have lots of amusing memories of the first generation. I was the same back then as I am now, so I enjoyed performing bizarre stunts and using Pokémon and strategies that no one else ever considered using. ^_^

I obtained both Red and Blue around the same time, and I used lots of unevolved Pokémon to whom no one else paid any attention. I dominated in link battles, however, because I was pretty much the only person to use strategy in battles, and my strategies were very weird and unpredictable and compensated for the generally lower stats of my unevolved Pokémon. For instance, I had a Substitute/Leech Seed Bulbasaur two generations before anyone discovered how useful the combo was (at least, I never heard about SubSeeding until Ruby and Sapphire came out). Plus, it was just plain entertaining to one-hit KO a Dragonite with an Ice Beam from a Jigglypuff. XD

In my Yellow Version, I decided to see if I could defeat all of Brock's Pokémon using only Pikachu...and we actually did it. My Pikachu used Double Team and Growl twice apiece and then proceeded to beat down Geodude with a lot of Quick Attacks. Pikachu then used Growl twice on Onix (and used it again whenever Onix used Screech) and knocked out Onix after even more Quick Attacks, very nearly running out of PP for Quick Attack in the process. I only needed to use one Potion (which was fair, since, if I recall correctly, Brock used one, too).

Also, I read in a player's guide (Prima, I believe) that "no Pikachu, no matter how well trained, can possibly stand up to Lt. Surge's Raichu, so don't try to imitate the show"; being the slightly crazy person I am, however, I decided to prove the player's guide wrong and use my Lv. 28 Pikachu to defeat Lt. Surge's Lv. 27 Raichu. Surprisingly, Pikachu pulled off an incredibly easy win. If I recall correctly, it only took two Body Slams to KO Raichu (one may have criticaled, but I can't remember :/) and Pikachu never even took damage. Apparently, my Pikachu has unusually high stats for its species, because it has consistently pulled off improbable wins such as these. Who says Pikachu isn't powerful? ;P

I remember, though, how irritated I was that some Pokémon could only be obtained in in-game trades. I really wanted to use a Farfetch'd but didn't want it to be called Dux. Needless to say, I was very happy when I could catch wild ones in Yellow. ^_^

On a side note, remember those irritating rumors that were spread back in the day? I always thought the whole "Pikablu" shenanigan was ridiculous, but some of the supposed methods to obtain it and other nonexistent Pokémon were pretty hilarious. I remember rumors about searching for messages in bottles, using the Itemfinder 100 times in Mt. Moon, and sneaking into "Bill's Secret Garden." Ah, good times. XD

NES

Flip me to the side!
No, nothing like that.

But i used to think pokemon lost some potential when they were defeated, and that they were stronger if they never had a single defeat.

When attacks were new to me i did of course a lot of mistakes picking the wrong ones, and there wasn't a re-learner and either a description, so it was just to guess what it does. I used to play with the booklet and the type chart open too, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.