• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virolia

Oh, I almost forgot, there was another really stupid thing I did in the game that led me frustrated:

I completely ignored Diglett's Cave in the beginning of the game. I guess I was turned off because the old man said it went back to Viridian City, and I didn't see the point of going back. I never got Flash, and I went through all of Rock Tunnel in the dark. I was so angry, my Pokemon were nearly dead the whole time, I kept getting lost, and I never turned back to go the Pokemon Center. Plus, I didn't know that the exit was a ladder. That made me really confused.

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
When I was younger, I was stuck in Mt. Moon and didn't know how to get out. I tried it again months later...

Thank god I got out of there too. :p

Virolia

When I was younger, I was stuck in Mt. Moon and didn't know how to get out. I tried it again months later...

Mt. Moon was really hard, especially since I was a newb little kid at the time and the cave was at the beginning of the game. It was even hard to find the exit to the Viridian Forest....

Man, looking back at this, I feel so stupid. Haha.

lion6622

One time I was trying to get into Glitch City, and as soon as I got there, I chickened out and turned off the power. :(

fhqwhgads

I never got Flash, and I went through all of Rock Tunnel in the dark. I was so angry, my Pokemon were nearly dead the whole time, I kept getting lost, and I never turned back to go the Pokemon Center. Plus, I didn't know that the exit was a ladder. That made me really confused.
I've done that so many times, I've memorized where to go and where to walk to avoid the most Trainers.

Flash is for pansies.

I thought PP was how strong it was. That's why I kept using Growl. 40/40! Yay!
And I memorized Dark Tunnel too. I do it w/o Flash on purpose now.

leaderfraser

Snakes are cool!
I KOed Lt.Surges Raichu in 1 hit. Good times...

Once I got lost in MT.MOON and could NEVER find the exit. Caught a nice Paras tho...

Deleted Flamethrower for Fire Spin on Charizard because I thought it had more power.

Did the Missingno glitch, found a Lv463 Missingno. Killed my Charizard with Sky Attack. I had no Master Ball. Then i got scared and turned off.

Saved in Glitch Cave. Forced to restart my game.

Became scared of Rhydon's back sprite.

Nicknamed my Gloom 'Hero' becuase I beat Erika with it. Thats quote+siggable, that is

Thought the sea in Red Version was mud.

iraqmaster

I remember when I first played Blue and one of my Pokemon was poisened I thought the flashing was a glitch.

Me too. I thought my game was broken or something.

DonDemio

Maverick of Serebii!
Well, I thought that not being able to go into the grass at the begining of the game was a glitch untill oak came...

Crobat_Curse

All I can remember is thinking my Gameboy's battery needed replacing every time my Pokemon got poisoned. x'D

Oh, and thinking a Pokemon died when they fainted. =P

A Local Guy

It's because of the burned mansion that I bring a large amount of escape ropes everywhere...
To this day, 10 years later I still can't figure that place out!

Also, I never knew anything about defensives. Even in a time where it made little difference what your strategy was, I always just stacked offense move on offense move, regardless of how effective it is. example- strength on Mewtwo...

FireWolf

i remember 1 thing. i was like 6 back then.
i had hard time beating Misty because the only pokemon what i had was Charmeleon and everytime Misty beated me i healed my charmeleon like 100 times because i thought that charmeleon would get stronger by doing that

Jimbobson

Piplup Master
I used to think Dodrio evolved into Farfetch'D (because it was next to it on Poke'Dex)

skarmory227

<:(00){ <--fish!
I remember trying to find gary on the water/land spot on cinnabar island. Only to find out later that you needed a certain charachter in your name for that. I always used to buy the magikarp from the guy, and raise it into a gyarados before exiting mt. moon. I still do that today in the remakes out of tradition. It still takes me an hour or so to do this.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I, like a lot of people, thought that the flashing was a glitch in my game when my Pokemon was poisoned.

But what I thought wasn't nearly as stupid as what my friend did. He didn't know what the Master Ball was. He thought it was an ordinary Pokeball. So, he just used it on a Magikarp...

scrapbook

My Emo Friend
nah that didnt happen to me. with the trainers kind of hidden in the the viridian forest i gotten use to the supprises.

Sam-bop

I'm a girl...
I actually believed that walking from one wall to another in the Dungeon 100 times would make a room with Mew in it appear.... and that if you used Dig in the Seafoam caves you went to secret one full of Venusaur.... and that a Tangela with Vine Whip could climb over any barrier in the game.... the list goes on!

Status
Not open for further replies.