• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

London 2012 olympics

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
who ya rooting for?

Home country?

Favorite event?

Anything else you want to say...

Meowth City

Staff member
who ya rooting for?

Home country?
I don't really care much about the Olympics, but it would be nice if the UK does well. As unlikely as that is, it would suck for us to be beaten on our own turf xD

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
who ya rooting for?

Me since I am so awesome.

Home country?

Anybody but Great Briton I want them to lose so badly

Favorite event?

None I find the Olympics to be boring.

Anything else you want to say...

Yeah the whole thing is a waste of time and money.

I don't really care much about the Olympics, but it would be nice if the UK does well. As unlikely as that is, it would suck for us to be beaten on our own turf xD

Yeah well that the UK for you, we don't care about the Olympics at all.

Blazios

They haven't even started yet and I'm sick to death about hearing about them constantly on TV for the past several months.

We get it, we're hosting the Olympics, great, perhaps you could actually put some organisational skills into it and not end up with Duran Duran as the opening act.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Yet I'm in the middle of it all what with working in the Westfields shopping centre for a huge sporting brand. It's all the people ever talk about due to how we'll be in the middle. I get that seeing as we are a sporting company but it's still repetitive to hear people bleat on about it nonetheless. I couldn't get away from the madness even if I tried.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
They haven't even started yet and I'm sick to death about hearing about them constantly on TV for the past several months.

We get it, we're hosting the Olympics, great, perhaps you could actually put some organisational skills into it and not end up with Duran Duran as the opening act.

On the subject of music, why do Muse have to come out with something that isn't that good, compared to other bands who could do something better? Of course, I'm on about the song they've made for the olympics, called Survival.

I wouldn't mind watching the olympics, but I agree that the hype this is getting is slightly distracting from the actual events.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'm rooting for America, as always, not trying to be stuck up or anything.

As for the events...I love the gymnastic portions and the swimming events. Those are my favorite, just because I think it's so cool, you know, what they do.

And Gabby, I forget her last name, along with Michael Phelps and that other guy that's giving him a swim for his money. And that other girl...Kyla? She and Gabby are in the gymnastic portions and I'm just mesmerized when they do there routines, mostly b/c I know I would kill myself trying to do all those flips XD

Vernikova

Champion
So, it's going to be a China vs America medal race this year too right? With Russia coming in third again? Sounds fun.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I could care less for the Olympics. I sat through some of them in the past, but it never appealed to me, and I was never impressed with what I saw (probably because I'm not a sports person to begin with). And so I don't care who wins the gold, whoever wins it for America is getting their face on cereal boxes. I swear it's all just for publicity and money nowadays instead of for entertainment. I was looking at a magazine cover or whatever that had a picture of a mother and her (I think gymnastics) daughter hugging and smiling, and yet the mother was looking up into the sky with an expression that said to me, "Here comes the money."

I find the logo for the Games godawful, however. I'm not a registered designs student (I'm in film), but I have taken enough art and design classes to know the logo is sloppily put together and screams out laziness (and the colors are blinding). Seriously, it looks like it was put together with the pen or even the shape tool, something anyone with PhotoShop and/or Illustrator can do. £400,000 my ass, that does NOT look like it's worth £400,000.

I'm excited for the olympics. Especially the swimming events.

Of course I'll cheer for Canada, even though we don't exactly do the best on the summer olympics :p

ebevan91

Can't wait!

GO USA!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I'm excited for the Olympics. Those athletes are amazing at what they do. Unfortunately, the event has become a lot more about the money/publicity in recent years, but that doesn't mean I can't still enjoy it. I'll be rooting for the USA, though I also have a soft spot for Japan and Australia.

Cometstarlight said:
As for the events...I love the gymnastic portions and the swimming events. Those are my favorite, just because I think it's so cool, you know, what they do.

Same here. I've always enjoyed those two events the most.

I do wish they hadn't removed baseball from the lineup, but I understand that it's just not Britain's thing. Hopefully they'll put it back in when the Olympics go to Rio.

Blazios

I find the logo for the Games godawful, however. I'm not a registered designs student (I'm in film), but I have taken enough art and design classes to know the logo is sloppily put together and screams out laziness (and the colors are blinding). Seriously, it looks like it was put together with the pen or even the shape tool, something anyone with PhotoShop and/or Illustrator can do. £400,000 my ass, that does NOT look like it's worth £400,000.

Welcome to the UK.

indigohex

I do wish they hadn't removed baseball from the lineup, but I understand that it's just not Britain's thing. Hopefully they'll put it back in when the Olympics go to Rio.

Unfortunately, baseball won't appear at the 2016 Olympics in Rio with Rugby Sevens and Golf being at that Olympics. It was sad that they also dumped softball. But the sports I am looking forward to are taekwondo (I am a yellow belt in taekwondo and I still remember Lauren Burns winning the gold medal in 2000 on home soil), table tennis and badminton. But I think all the good events will be on Foxtel this year. I might watch some of it, but I will be at university a lot this time so I might settle for Channel Nine's coverage if I get the time to watch it.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Canada, as it's my home country.

i like to watch the track events, diving and swimming the most. And the opening ceremony, of course.

*IZ*

I'm just going to be watching the soccer portion and the Basketball portion where USA will beat everyone by at least 30 points. :p

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
indigohex said:
Unfortunately, baseball won't appear at the 2016 Olympics in Rio with Rugby Sevens and Golf being at that Olympics. It was sad that they also dumped softball. But the sports I am looking forward to are taekwondo (I am a yellow belt in taekwondo and I still remember Lauren Burns winning the gold medal in 2000 on home soil), table tennis and badminton. But I think all the good events will be on Foxtel this year. I might watch some of it, but I will be at university a lot this time so I might settle for Channel Nine's coverage if I get the time to watch it.

Oh, that's too bad. I figured that since baseball/softball are fairly popular in Central and South America, the organizers might put them back in, but I think Brazil has more European influences, so that wouldn't be as big of a draw for them.

I've seen some of the table tennis and badminton events before, and they were actually pretty entertaining. Haven't seen much taekwondo, but might have to catch some of it.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
When does it start?
I'm rooting for USA!!
I guess I'll watch basketball, I'd rather they have baseball as an event though :/