• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lonely Dragons [OU RMT]

LonelyDragon.png

;230;Introduction;230;
Hello,this is not one of my first RMT's,but it happens to be the first here on Serebii Forums. After taking a look over the current Metagame, I knowticed a few changes now that Mence is gone.Heatran,Scizor,Raikou,Celebi,Flygon,Starmie, etc. have all increased, each in a different way. Weavile, now has a much less of a purpose than before, and is currently dwindling on the OU-BL border. Also,there are currently 4 Dragon Type Pokemon left that is useable in the Standard/OU Metagame.(Altaria,Dragonite,Flygon,Kingdra).One of them,really 'shined' out to me and I decided to base my team around it, and support it in every way. I have been using Kingdra for a long time, but I have used it in different Metagames, such as Sky Shaymin,Garchomp,Latias, and the latest Salamence. Kingdra had a different purpose for each of these Metagames, but i've never really seen more of an opportunity than now, with Garchomp,Latias, and Salamence banned to the Uber Tier.

Now that Salamence is banned, like I said, things like Heatran and Flygon have been popping up more. Well, with these team I can aim to fend them off. Now that Celebi has gotten Nasty Plot, Heatran and Starmie have a MUCH more greater chance to sweep.Choice Specs Overheat at +2 from Heatran, OHKO's Blissey with a Modest Nature.Pretty scary now the Mence is gone and there are new teams and styles to try out, and new pokemon to counter.Please do mind the Team Building Info down there, I will be editing that out at a later time.

The Team At A Glance

485.png
407.png

260.png
479-heat.png

121.png
230.png

How The Team Came To Be.

230.png

I started off with the obvious choice, my main sweeper the ''Lonely Dragon''.

230.png
260.png

Then I needed a reliable,bulky lead to set up my Stealth Rocks that'll cushion my sweep a little better.

230.png
260.png
385.png

Next, I needed something that could provide Wish Support, and also 'style' on the opponent and even pack a punch. It also can take hits for Kingdra.

230.png
260.png
385.png
121.png

Then, I needed a pokemon with great coverage and something that could ease the way for sweeping, by clearing out things like Gyarados and Skarmory.

230.png
260.png
385.png
121.png
205.png

Now, I needed something that could remove Spikes,Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rocks from my side of the playing field,and set up some hazards himself. He can also take some hits for Swampert.

230.png
260.png
385.png
121.png
205.png
472.png

For my sixth, and final spot I need something that could Baton Pass some stats to my sweeper, Kingdra, and if Kingdra goes down, it could even Baton Pass some speed to Starmie, to make it an even deadlier sweeper.​

The Team Detailed Out
(Edited Changes Will Be In Bold.As well as the Pokemon's NickName).

485.png

[Red Steel]~Heatran@Choice Specs
Ability:Flash Fire
EVs:40 HP / 252 Special Attack / 216 Speed
Nature:Modest
-Overheat
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Earth Power
Another Part of my Fire-Grass-Water Core.Great Anti-Lead as well,nothing is going to be taking a Overheat lightly(Except Bulky Waters and opposing Heatran.)
It actually does about 90% to Blissey,shocking right?Yeah, Max Special Attack coming from a Modest Heatran is a beast.I lose to Machamp leads,I really don't know what I could do against them.

407.png

[DrugDealer]~Roserade@Leftovers
Ability:Natural Cure
EVs:252 HP / 120 Defence / 136 Special Defence
Nature:Calm
-Spikes
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power[Fire]
-Rest
I needed a Spiker that would support the team in a great way.I was suggested to run this type of Roserade.It supports the core with a Fire-Grass-Water core.I needed HP Fire on this to prevent Skarmory,Forretress,Scizor, and Lucario from coming in and trying to set up on me.I usually would run HP Ice, but I needed Fire for that reason.I lose coverage on Dragonite though,which scares me off.Grass Knot for Bulky Waters and Tyranitar,not to mention a reliable STAB.I can just rest off when my health gets low, and switch out thanks to Natural Cure.Something that Forretress and Skarmory can't do.

260.png

[GrassIsAss]~Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent
252 HP / 252 Defence / 6 Attack
Relaxed
-Stealth Rocks
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar
Moved him to Mid-Game, it really just helps out more with the team, not to mention I get a better core with Fire-Grass-Water.

121.png

[Starstrukk]~Starmie@Life Orb
Ability:Natural Cure
EVs:252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 6 Hp
Nature:Timid
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
Wow, pretty much countless times on how many people i've swept with my Life Orb Starmie.Any unprepared team is raped by this thing,come in on Gyarados or Infernape, scare it off, unless they switch to something that absorbs my attack, they will most likely be 2HKO'd by this thing, a true beast it is. Not to mention, its one of the few that can say 'OU Since '95'. Kingdra's sweeping partener, softens up the other team, clearing the path for an open sweep from my Kingdra.

479-heat.png

[EasyBake]~Rotom-H@Choice Scarf
Ability:Levitate
EVs:252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature:Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Overheat
-Trick
Needed a Spin Blocker badly, not to mention I needed a Scizor,Infernape,Lucario,Gyarados,Starmie,Breloom check. If I predict right, I can smack a wall with a Choice Scarf from Trick. I can nail walls likes Skarmory,Blissey,Swampert,Celebi,Jirachi,or Forretress.

230.png

[UU? luld]~Kingdra@Life Orb
Ability:Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Draco Meteor/Hydro Pump
Now, let's view this as I have +2 Speed and +2 Attack. This will put me at 634 Attack and 538 Speed. Pretty threatening?We're not done yet, adding on Life Orb Power and that puts me at 824 Attack and 538 Speed.Now look at my STABs:

Outrage- 120 x 1.5 = 180 Base Damage
Waterfall- 80 x 1.5 = 120 Base Damage
Draco Meteor- 140 x 1.5 = 210 Base Damage
Hydro Pump- 120 x 1.5 = 180 Base Damge

Pretty threatening,now just think of that with ''Its Super Effective'' added on to that.Yeah, good luck living those, now I took some Damage Calculations(Credits to Smogon). Just look at these tbh.

Waterfall vs. 252 Def Blissey: 61% - 73%
Waterfall vs. Max HP Bronzong: 54-64%
Hydro Pump vs. Max HP / 98 SpD: Bronzong 72-85%
Hydro Pump vs. Max HP Celebi: 38-45%
Draco Meteor vs. Max HP Celebi: 59-69%
Hydro Pump vs. Max HP / Max SpD + Forretress: 85-100%
Draco Meteor vs. 216 HP Gyarados: 62-73%
Hydro Pump vs. Max HP Jirachi: 76-89%
Hydro Pump vs. Max HP Metagross: 91-100%
Hydro Pump vs. Max HP Skarmory: 100%
Waterfall vs. 160 HP / 136 Def Snorlax: 60-71%
Hydro Pump vs. Max HP Suicune: 34-39%
Draco Meteor vs. Max HP Suicune: 52-62%
Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP Swampert: 82-98%
Hydro Pump vs. Max HP Scizor: 100%

Yeah, OHKOing - 2HKOing a lot of the cmmon walls,thats without any boosts by the way(except some are boosted by the Rain Dance,which I might consider using for him.

Closing:
-Tell me how you feel about this team, give me feedback.
-Just read the rules of the RMT section.
-I'll kindly accept any kind of ideas you have for my team,if I don't like it, I won't lie, i'll speak right out and tell you ;)
-I've used this team in two battles on Pokemon Online so far, I actually won 4-0 and 3-0 against two semi-stall teams. Starmie swept in the second battle, while I got +2/+2 with Kingdra and swept in the first battle.
-I'll be adding Threats and Counters lists at a later time.
-Credits to xLilith for the Opening banner <3

Formerly On The Team
472.png

[Pothead]~Gliscor@Yache Berry
Sand Veil
252 HP / 196 Special Defence / 60 Speed
Jolly
-Taunt
-Swords Dance
-Rock Polish
-Baton Pass

385.png

[Lrn2Style]~Jirachi@Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 HP / 220 Defence / 36 Speed
Bold
-Calm Mind
-Wish
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt

205.png

[Al Queda]~Forretress@Leftovers
Sturdy
252 HP / 112 Attack / 144 Defence
Relaxed
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
Rate My Team

Last edited:
Good job, really solid team here! Hope it's getting you lots of wins!

All I can really say is that I'd definitely go Hydro Pump over Surf on Starmie and Draco Meteor over Hydro Pump on Kingdra, as its Special Attack drop won't hurt his other moves. You seem like an experienced battler, so sorry if this sounds like ameteurish advice.

No glaring weaknesses, though. Good work.

Last edited:

Altomic

Banned
LO Starmie basically sweeps you cleanly.
Your only chance against it is kingdra and your only hope to kill it with it is by locking yourself into Outrage and then it would be easily revenge killed. Every member of your team is OHKO or 2HKOd by it and cant do anything in return, forry and rachi are 2HKOd and neither can switch in and if you bring in rachi its getting 2HKOd because your tbolt dose 59.8% - 70.5% to it and after it KOs rachi it can recover and continue sweeping. Forrys only hope is to explode. I suggest replacing forry for something like snorlax offensive lax to be exact, now your asking why replace forry? Forry is completely out of place in this team, and if you want spike support, you can replace jirachi for roserade.

Thanks for the rate :)

I'm changing Surf to Hydro Pump.

I'll keep Draco Meteor on Kingdra,as I could lower my Special Attack,and now have to switch out right off the bat.

Edit: I know I'm Starmie weak,I'll try and attempt to win the speed tie with my own.But also,after LO damage and I change those 32 EVs to Special Attack,and I could OHKO with Thunderbolt.

Last edited:

4kjayhawks

I do it for tha hood
EQ > taunt on Gliscor. Without it, Lucario will sweep you clean ( though Jirachi has a small chance to live +2 Adamant Close Combat, but psychic only does 45.9% - 54.4%) Taunt may help vs. stall, but it's not a great stall breaker without toxic. You might even consider just switching to the stallbreaker set.

Good luck with the team, and nice Kingdra name

Last edited:
Hmm,Life Orb Hydro Pump will OHKO after Spikes and Stealth Rock coming from Stamie,and im not afraid of taking an Espeed,i can just Recover off later.

pkmtrainer

Hi Shadows. I´ve been in the mod of rating some teams here, so I saw your team and looked pretty good.
I just want to tell you a little detail : don´t run natures that lower SpA/Att if you´re running a mixed sweeper because they decrease the attacking power of one of the sides, so I´ll just recomend you to run Lonely / Naughty > Adamant, so you get more power in Hydro Pump/ DM.
Btw, I wouldn´t suggest you to test teams in PO because most of them doesnt know too much about this game. EVERYONE SHOULD COME BACK TO SHODDY D:<

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
Hi Shadows. I´ve been in the mod of rating some teams here, so I saw your team and looked pretty good.
I just want to tell you a little detail : don´t run natures that lower SpA/Att if you´re running a mixed sweeper because they decrease the attacking power of one of the sides, so I´ll just recomend you to run Lonely / Naughty > Adamant, so you get more power in Hydro Pump/ DM.
Btw, I wouldn´t suggest you to test teams in PO because most of them doesnt know too much about this game. EVERYONE SHOULD COME BACK TO SHODDY D:<

It doesn't matter Hydro pump 2HKO's skarm any how

Im not really aiming to use Kingdra as a MixSweeper tbh, it was just there incase of Skarm, and as he said, it 2HKO's anyways.My Special Attack will still be at about 203.

Last edited:
Kingdras main counters are bulky steels ... and you have no means of reliably taking these out?

Sorry, but I don't think much proper thought has gone into this. You haven't properly checked any of Kingdras main counters, since Starmie either fails to 2HKO or frankly can't switch in.

By the way, you'll be wanting to run Earthquake or Payback on your forretress. Otherwise, Heatran and Rotom-A, respectively, will just switch in and completely shut you down. At least with one of these moves, they'llbe reluctant.

You definitely want EQ > Taunt on Gliscor, or as Altomic said, Lucario just rapes your team.

I'll edit with some team suggestions later, I'm pretty busy right now :x

Lorica

aka nosferalto
On Swampert, move those 4 Atk EVs to Speed to possibly outspeed opposing Swampert leads which may give you the upper hand.

Forretress definitely wants Payback instead of Gyro Ball. Payback hits Forretress' common switch-ins such as Rotom-A as well as threats such as Psychic- types such as Starmie and Celebi. Also, in the current metagame, I would consider opting for a specially defensive Forretress instead of your current one. Use an Impish Nature with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef. By investing in SpDef, Forretress is able to take neutral SpAtk moves such as Dragonite's Draco Meteor, Gengar's Focus Blast / Shadow Ball, Surf / Ice Beam from bulky Water- types while maintaining enough physical Defense to do take hits from what you were previously planning on doing.

Looking at your team, it will benefit a lot by Toxic Spikes. Toxic Spikes allows CM Jirachi to stall out Blissey, while also weakening Swampert, Tyranitar, Celebi that are all common switch-ins. Starmie also benefits from Toxic Spikes as it's common counters such as Celebi, Snorlax, Blissey and Scarf TTar. I would slap Rapid Spin on Starmie instead of Ice Beam as it is a better Rapid Spiner than Forry because of it's ability to beat Rotom-A and go for Toxic Spikes instead of Rapid Spin on Forry.

I'm going to be brutally honest, I dislike the strategy you are using. With Kingdra's access to Dragon Dance I don't think BP is necessary at all. BP is not the best stragtegy these days especially with all those Taunt users and moves such as Roar and Whirlwind being so common. Since your team relies a lot on entry hazards, I think what your team lacks ad needs is a spin blocker. That's why I would reccomend using a Choice Scarf Rotom-H instead of Gliscor with the moveset: Thunderbolt | Shadow Ball | Overheat | Trick with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe (Timid Nature). With this change, you get a Spin blocker but also a check to LO Shaymin and LO Starmie. Also, if replace Gliscor, use Leftovers as an item on Kingdra and Subtitute in the last slot. You don't need to opt for a Mix set as stall is already covered really well and this set gives offensive teams lots of trouble.

However if you decide to keep the Gliscor set, I would strongly consider using Hyper Cutter instead of Sand Veil because of foes with Intimidate as an ability.

I would give these suggestions a test and make some changes according to the results. Good Luck!

Last edited:

purplepikachu

One of the major gainers in usage now that salamence is gone is breloom. Your team is extremely weak to it. Swampert, starmie, and kingdra are OHKOed by seed bomb/focus punch(or kingdra will survive with insufficient hp to be useful). Gliscor cant do much back while its KOed by seed bomb, foretress and jirachi are 2HKOed and outsped, so breloom can use spore.

options: use a wall-gliscor set or use faster jirachi.

One of the major gainers in usage now that salamence is gone is breloom. Your team is extremely weak to it. Swampert, starmie, and kingdra are OHKOed by seed bomb/focus punch(or kingdra will survive with insufficient hp to be useful). Gliscor cant do much back while its KOed by seed bomb, foretress and jirachi are 2HKOed and outsped, so breloom can use spore.

Breloom finds it incredibly hard to get in against this team. Sure, it outruns Jirachi and Forretress - however, it can only reliably combat them when they're asleep, and Sleep Clause prevents both being asleep at the same time. It can only switch in on one of Swamperts moves, as it is unlikely that it will be using Stealth Rock again after putting it down as a lead, and should it switch into Starmie it is promptly killed by Ice Beam. Theoretically, it gives this team trouble, however, that is after setting up, which Breloom will find relatively difficult against this team. It is not a threat which he must change pokemon to combat.

Yeah, Lorica's right. With Kingdra running Dragon Dance, you really don't need to Baton Pass to him. I'd recommend running Gliscor as a stallbreaker. I can't access Smogon right now (my stupid computer), but here's the basic gist of it.

Gliscor@Leftovers
Impish (Jolly?)
Sand Veil
Moves:
-Toxic
-Roost
-Taunt
-Earthquake

I might have to get back to you on the EVs when I can. Anyways, this Gliscor can handle non-Ice Punch Lucario well, and can absolutely destroy stall.

Yeah, Lorica's right. With Kingdra running Dragon Dance, you really don't need to Baton Pass to him. I'd recommend running Gliscor as a stallbreaker. I can't access Smogon right now (my stupid computer), but here's the basic gist of it.

Gliscor@Leftovers
Impish (Jolly?)
Sand Veil
Moves:
-Toxic
-Roost
-Taunt
-Earthquake

I might have to get back to you on the EVs when I can. Anyways, this Gliscor can handle non-Ice Punch Lucario well, and can absolutely destroy stall.

The set is

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly
Sand Veil
252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Speed (This is optional, you can run 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Speed, however, the speed is almost always the superior option)
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

lol,Starmie outspeeds and OHKOs,it can pose a small threat,bit I'm not worried.
The set is

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly
Sand Veil
252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Speed (This is optional, you can run 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Speed, however, the speed is almost always the superior option)
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

Yeah,I got told a few times to change the Scor,it fixes some of the stuff I'm weak to as well,thanks for the rates,everyone.

Starmie outspeeding and OHKO'ing doesn't mean a thing since a smart Breloom subs right after it spores something, so while you break the sub you take a seed bomb and get OHKO'd. Meaning you lost one poke and another is basically useless. Also, when Rotom comes in and tries to revenge from that point, the opponent can easily switch something in like DDTar and just demolish your team with, as the only thing stopping that is Forretress, and if the opponent is BabiriTar, then it can live a Gyro Ball and 2HKO with Stone Edge.

Starmie outspeeding and OHKO'ing doesn't mean a thing since a smart Breloom subs right after it spores something, so while you break the sub you take a seed bomb and get OHKO'd. Meaning you lost one poke and another is basically useless. Also, when Rotom comes in and tries to revenge from that point, the opponent can easily switch something in like DDTar and just demolish your team with, as the only thing stopping that is Forretress, and if the opponent is BabiriTar, then it can live a Gyro Ball and 2HKO with Stone Edge.

Huge changes made.Slightly fixed the Breloom problem,you could all have a look now.