• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Look to the Future (Future RMT)

Okay, so to clarify, this is a planned Wi-fi team for my future White version. As this will be an actual team (cannot currently download Shoddy), I cannot use certain event Pokemon such as WishBliss or most Kanto and Sinnoh legendaries. Beyond this, I can make really any changes to it, though I'd like to keep it as similar to the original as possible.

;547;
Erufuun @ Leftovers
Ability: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Nature: Timid
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore
- Taunt

As the second fastest Grass-type in the game, a wide variety of support moves, and access to Mischievous Heart, Erufuun is a great staller and shuffler. Leech Seed is a great support option for my team, all of whom will enjoy the added health, and is awesome for stall. Substitute used alongside Leech Seed makes this guy one of the best subseeders in the game. Encore and Taunt let Erufuun act as my panic button for shutting down set-up sweepers, and also help ruin opposing stall. The EVs give optimal defences on both ends of the spectrum, though I’m a bit iffy with them. Timid nature is used simply to outrun opposing subseeding Erufuun, and I’m considering changing it.

;598;
Nattorei @ Leftovers/ Ruggedhelmet
Ability: Steel Thorns
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 244 SpD
Nature: Relaxed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gravity
- Gyro Ball/ Power Whip

Oh man this thing rocks. Sporting 11 resistances and only two weaknesses, 74/131/116 defenses, excellent ability, and a crushing movepool, Nattorei is a great wall. Stealth Rock and Spikes are necessary entry hazards, and it’s great that this thing gets both. Gravity is cool with Spikes and TS, as it makes even flyers and those with Levitate get hurt by them. Gyro Ball is a decent attacking option, working well with his slow speed, but is slashed with Power Whip since the latter goes well with Gravity. His ability is awesome, letting him work as a sort of pseudo-spin-blocker and making him dangerous to take out. The EVs let him take both physical and special hits amazingly well, while a Relaxed nature boosts his strong defense and lowers his speed, making Gyro Ball more powerful. Leftovers would provide extra healing, but Ruggedhelmet is awesome with Steel Thorns.

;073;
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Boiling Water
- Ice Beam

Tentacruel is a great bulky water, and has definitely gotten some perks this gen. Toxic Spikes is my third entry hazard, threatening any non steel, poison, flyer, or levitator sent in with Toxic poisoning, a vital weapon of stall. Rapid Spin is an old utility, helping remove pesky entry hazards from my side. Boiling Water is one of Tentacruel’s new toys, essentially a Water-type Lava Plume. Though seemingly redundant with Toxic Spikes in play, Boiling Water’s burn chance is a viable threat to anything immune to Toxic Spikes, such as Scizor, Salamence, Dragonite, ect. Ice Beam is coverage with Boiling Water. Liquid Ooze is great this gen, ruining fast subseeders and causing the many fighters’ Drain Punches to backfire. The EVs and nature are from the gen 4 standard.

;450;
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Nature: Impish
- Earthquake
- Stockpile
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Stockpile Hippowdon is incredibly difficult to KO, with most Pokes barely managing a 3HKO after only two Stockpiles. This, along with Sandstream bringing auto sand in, makes this guy perfect for stall. Earthquake is a good, solid STAB that hits very hard, especially on Shanderaa and Doryuzuu. Slack Off is instant recovery, meaning this sandy hippo can hold his own without having to rely on Vappy’s Wish. Whirlwind is a solid option, letting Hippowdon shuffle the enemy’s team for extra SR, Spikes, and TS damage. The EVs and nature make him super bulky, letting this guy last.

;134;
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Boiling Water
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Vaporeon was one of the best support Pokemon last gen, and though little has changed for him, he remains one of the best. Boiling Water is new, and the burn chance helps against opponents that are unaffected by TS. Wish is the crux of this set, letting Vappy heal both himself and his team. The new mechanics behind it make it even better than last gen due to Vaporeon’s high HP. Protect works in tandem with Wish, giving a free turn of recovery. Heal Bell is the last option due to my team’s need of a cleric, and it also works wonders with Wish. Standard EVs, Bold nature to boost his mediocre defense. Water Absorb is used over Hydration due to this team’s use in sand.

;442;
Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

Spiritomb is my team’s necessary spin blocker, and can also work as a decent staller with the RestTalk combo for self-healing. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting give perfect coverage, with nothing in the game resisting them. They also help to hit the two newest threats, Doryuzuu and Shanderaa, alongside older threats such as Starmie and Lucario, with super-effective damage. The EVs and nature provide optimal bulkiness.

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Go leech seed over ingrain on nattorei as it is far better as it hurts the opponent and still allows it to switch. Remove giga drain from tenta as it can't do much damage even with its boosted power and put in ice beam to take down all the dragons.

I would use Leech Seed on Nattorei, if it wasn't for the fact that it's illegal with both Spikes and Stealth Rock, meaning I'd have to choose one over the other on him, which I don't want to do. Not to mention, Ingrain's trapping effect is obsolete with Shed Shell, which I stated in my post.

However, I will consider the Ice beam over Giga Drain thing. I completely forgot about the fact that I don't have any other way to counter Dragons. Thanks for the rate!

Ingrain sucks because you can't switch out. Nattoreii is tough, but if a Heatran or something switches in on Ingrain you die instantly.

My favorite Nattorei is Stealth Rock / Spikes / Thunder Wave / Power Whip. Thunder Wave really screws up his common switch ins and Power Whip annihilates what is immune.

Since this is Wifi you might as well just use Leftovers. Magnezone is low UU this generation on Wifi. 1.06% of teams carry a Magnezone making Shed Shell a better option there but 98.94% of teams do not run Magnezone, making Leftovers better in almost every situation.

Since you are playing Wifi don't worry about Shanderaa. Shadow Tag isn't legal there yet.

Give Hippowdon 252 HP EVs. You're running an inefficient spread by not maxing HP.

Your team seems somewhat solid, except you have absolutely no ability to stop opposing Nattorei. Try a Balloon Heatran in the final slot. This gives you checks for a ton of things and an offensive force at times.

pokeman13

Ingrain sucks because you can't switch out. Nattoreii is tough, but if a Heatran or something switches in on Ingrain you die instantly.

The person did say that shed shell canceled out ingrains trapping effect didn't he

As I've said before (as pokemon13 mentioned), Ingrain does not trap Nattorei because of the Shed Shell.

However, if a Shed Shell is otherwise unneeded, I would probably take out Ingrain for Power Whip or Gravity or something and give it a Rugged Helmet or Lefties. I didn't realize that Magnezone was used so much less, and I forgot about Shanderaa not actually having Shadow Tag yet (it's the only thing about it that people talk about).

I'll consider that moveset, but I'm not really sure how well Thunder Wave will work on a team using Toxic Spikes.

I'll take another look at Hippowdon's EVs. Thanks for the tip!

Oh, and I probably won't be able to use a Heatran in the last slot. I caught mine a few years ago before I got into competetive battling, so its nature sucks.

Last edited:
Ingrain is still terrible. Ever wonder why no one ever runs Aqua Ring on Vaporeon? Because its useless. Even more so on Nattorei. Why waste a turn gaining a tiny amount of health back when you can lay Spikes / Stealth Rocks? At least Leech Seed has multiple uses.

Just max HP and Special Defense on Hippowdon. After a Stockpile his Defense will be high enough to take pretty much any hit, including Gyarados Waterfalls.

Yeah, I guess I haven't really thought about it that way. I'll replace Ingrain with Gravity for more Spikes damage and so I can keep SR. I may run Power Whip over Gyro Ball with that too, maybe. I'll give him either Leftovers or Ruggedhelmet too, since you said that I would see less Magnezone on Wi-fi.

Thanks a ton for the rates, you've been a great help!