• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Looking for good critiques and sugestions.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
In this thread, I'll be doing what I don't like to do much. I will just post things I really need some comments with. Right now is a map:

Map23558.png

I want good suggestions, and how to improve him, thanks.
Also, I know it looks like too straight, but I don't know where or how to make it look with more curves, help me please. Thank you.

EDIT: I also need a name for the region. I need Ideas, this is also important. More than 1 name is appreciated.
EDIT2: Name problem solved. I'll use Naikai.

Last edited:

charizard009

Captian Obvious...
first post!

Well it look okay but its cluttered and theres no land mass. Put some more land in there, Also the shading looks wrong, espescially in the water.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
I know the shading looks a bit messy, but how could I improve it?
Also, I planned ahead not having so much land, It had even less land, but it was way too little, so I added the bigest island, and the desert area.

M4zz

Banned
Well could it be the Naikai region? It's a southern Japanese fishing village.

It needs more land, or introduce surf earlier in the game, along with a ready supply of Water Type Pokemon. I'd suggest Making the two northern islands bigger, and adding a small series of Islands between them, but require a certain HM to get upon them, and hold some goodies within them. With water types being my favorite type, I appreciate the mass flood that you have provided, and the regions are balanced and make sense (Iced mountains where it's cold as $h!t is away from the desert, which coincidentally is hot as $h!t). Maybe adding more land to the slight Northeast of the mountains and Northwest of the desert area would help the slight situation of not having enough space. Another flaw I see is that most of the cities are on water, or very close to it. Some scenario is needed, such as the types of the gym leaders. It would be too confusing for a nub when they see this map, as it would possibly mis-lead them to thinking that there is more than one water gym. And one last quick question; how the hell do you reach the mountain area? There are no routes leading to it.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
First of all, this is not currently planned for a fan-game or an adventure, so HMs and stuff is not necesarry.
Naikai won, I really liked the name.
Still, what I want, is some critique on the sprite of the map! I don't want to know how the region could look like or how I could I have improved it, what I want is how to make THAT region better, no more land, no more islands, I just want to improve the way it looks.

M4zz

Banned
First of all, this is not currently planned for a fan-game or an adventure, so HMs and stuff is not necesarry.
Ah, okay. Most map makers would concider this, just so the design and practicallity of the map makes more sense to the maker and those who veiw it.
Naikai won, I really liked the name.
First!!!!!
Still, what I want, is some critique on the sprite of the map! I don't want to know how the region could look like or how I could I have improved it, what I want is how to make THAT region better, no more land, no more islands, I just want to improve the way it looks.
Okay. Well, I'm not sure what you completley mean about that, but I'll bite. Add more of the trees and little details to improove. I don't want to sound harsh, but the map, aside form the overall look, is kinda dull, like how there isn't much going on about it.
Comments above in bold.