• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Looking forward to Time Spiral?(MTG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
Just a discussion of how good/bad/DG/DI/whatever the hell you think Time Spiral is going to be, and whether or not you're looking forward to the massive melding that is Time Spiral. Personally, I think that it's going to kick arse. This is probably the block that I most look forward to play in my entire period of MTG. Not only are they bringing back several of the most broken cards in the game, with minor drawbacks, the set is all about time, so tempo addicts like me have something to rejoice in. The few glimpes that I've had of the time factors of Snap have had me wanting a lot more. This is a limited format that I would play near constantly post-release if I had the resources. It means that practice in tempo and limited formats really pays off, hardcore. The massive collection of abilities used in a bunch of new, sick ways also is a pretty damn good incentive for playing it. I REALLY love how everything about it just throws a wrench into how one plays magic. Instead of holding the shock back for a Might of Oaks, you now have a uncounterable, excluding Voidmage Apprentice, Might which comes into effect before the shock makes an impact. Now you have to decide whether or not they have it, and shock accordingly. Gotta love it. You also see a bunch of new cool cards, like Paradox Haze and Sudden Death, the former of which is likely to rock extended scenes across the world. If gives Top Ideal a powerful new tool in addition to the huge benefits that it gets in the cardpool, and I believe that it'll probably make quite a few top eights with the Haze searching out Meishin+Dovescape in a single turn. All of this makes me really excited about the prerelease, hoping for more cards like Serra Avenger(mechanic-wise) and more Split Second/Suspend, possibly my two favorite abilities of all time, though split second is way on top of suspend. :p

And the best of all, I've managed to wheedle my mom into taking me to it! :DD [For once :X]

Discuss.

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
As I've seen all but the last few cards of Time Spiral, this set is beyond insane.

Did you know you can now get up to three rares in one pack? Foil Rare, Regular Rare, Reprint Rare. Foils and reprints take up the common slot in packs, so the limited just broke itself.

I'd also like to add one more thing to the hype that is Time Spiral- the true insanity begins tomorrow night.

Oh, and if you want to be up to date on all the spoiled cards- www.mtgsalvation.com can't miss the spoiler, really.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
I personally love the flavor of it all. It's all based on time, so the set would be all based on timing effects. It's all very nicely laid out.

I'm not sure if it'll help out the new players to get these decks though, as theyre all complex and timing matters. But it's GREAT to return back to Dominaria. It all just feels like, everything matters since it all has a background now (even though i dont know the full story). Unlike mirrodin and kamigawa as theyre both out of nowhere planes.

I also like the pseudo reprints they did of the [spoil]P9, or to be more specific, Time Walk and Ancestrial Recall[/spoil] They aren't that great as the original, but hey, theyre p9 for a reason. It's just a "hey, [spoil] timewalk and ancestrial recall[/spoil] is in timespiral. lollollol!!!

edit
Did you know you can now get up to three rares in one pack? Foil Rare, Regular Rare, Reprint Rare. Foils and reprints take up the common slot in packs, so the limited just broke itself.

wow, i guess they tried to make the packpriceraise a little worth while.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
I personally love the flavor of it all. It's all based on time, so the set would be all based on timing effects. It's all very nicely laid out.

I'm not sure if it'll help out the new players to get these decks though, as theyre all complex and timing matters. But it's GREAT to return back to Dominaria. It all just feels like, everything matters since it all has a background now (even though i dont know the full story). Unlike mirrodin and kamigawa as theyre both out of nowhere planes.

I also like the pseudo reprints they did of the [spoil]P9, or to be more specific, Time Walk and Ancestrial Recall[/spoil] They aren't that great as the original, but hey, theyre p9 for a reason. It's just a "hey, [spoil] timewalk and ancestrial recall[/spoil] is in timespiral. lollollol!!!

edit

wow, i guess they tried to make the packpriceraise a little worth while.

They're making a suspended time walk? I thought it was one per color. >_>.

No doubting or anything, just showcasing my ignorance.

And I think I just fainted from the nearly free, playable old cards in each pack. :p

That site just showed me I need to figure out where to get previews other from the wizards site. Where did it get its information?

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
This set is set to be sick. Hooray for casual spammitys! -spamspamspamspam-

This set looks really awesome.. The reprint cards, almost 80 rares not including the reprints.. Akroma is coming back, I mean... I think the only thing about this set that is annoying is the return of the cheapest cards ever to be graced in the entirity of the game, and those are Slivers.

My friend is gonna have open season in creating a new sliver deck...

Still, some of the new stuff is insane. Tefari, for instance.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
This set looks really awesome.. The reprint cards, almost 80 rares not including the reprints.. Akroma is coming back, I mean... I think the only thing about this set that is annoying is the return of the cheapest cards ever to be graced in the entirity of the game, and those are Slivers.

My friend is gonna have open season in creating a new sliver deck...

Still, some of the new stuff is insane. Tefari, for instance.

And Slivers just got cheaper. Psionic/Fury Sliver, anyone? I had so much fun with those two at the prerelease. :D

kalkris

...Innuendo!
y'know, i don't think Kamigawa and Mirrodin were that random at all.
In fact, i heard from my friend who read all the books, that
At the end of 5th dawn, glissa and slobad (cuz Bosh fell at the hands of kaldra) were sent to a "strange world".
Also,
Toshiro Umezawa (the guy who owns the beatstick/killing machine known as Umezawa's Jitte) was also swept to a "strange world" at the end of Saviors after the demise of the O-Kagachi.
So, i believe that these 3 characters will meet up in the block. Cuz if they're so spontaneously sent to another world, could it be that they went to Dominaria? Plus, since Jeska and Karn were off on a "holiday" at Scourge's end, is it possible that they too could come back, being that Stonebrow from Onslaught is back, that probably means that things started to heat up not long after Kamahl's passing (which happened waaaaayyyy after Scourge's end, most likely, it never said he died!) So, all 5 of these characters (and maybe even Kamahl :) ) could be returning! hooray for kamahl!...i hope.

BTW, my friend hasn't read the Ravnica cycle yet, though he has the books, and that's why I don't know of the fate of Agrus or Teysa.

~Lil Kalki

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
y'know, i don't think Kamigawa and Mirrodin were that random at all.
In fact, i heard from my friend who read all the books, that
At the end of 5th dawn, glissa and slobad (cuz Bosh fell at the hands of kaldra) were sent to a "strange world".
Also,
Toshiro Umezawa (the guy who owns the beatstick/killing machine known as Umezawa's Jitte) was also swept to a "strange world" at the end of Saviors after the demise of the O-Kagachi.
So, i believe that these 3 characters will meet up in the block. Cuz if they're so spontaneously sent to another world, could it be that they went to Dominaria? Plus, since Jeska and Karn were off on a "holiday" at Scourge's end, is it possible that they too could come back, being that Stonebrow from Onslaught is back, that probably means that things started to heat up not long after Kamahl's passing (which happened waaaaayyyy after Scourge's end, most likely, it never said he died!) So, all 5 of these characters (and maybe even Kamahl :) ) could be returning! hooray for kamahl!...i hope.

BTW, my friend hasn't read the Ravnica cycle yet, though he has the books, and that's why I don't know of the fate of Agrus or Teysa.

~Lil Kalki

Karn has already been printed as an "un-planeswalker", and he can't be printed in his planeswalker glory, so it's probably safe to say that he won't be in the set. As for Glissa, Slobad, and Toshiro, they're from other worlds. NOTE: Time Spiral includes only cards from DOMINARIA'S future, present, and past. That debunks theories crazy theories about the main characters in the three sets that proceeded Scourge. Mirrodon has a chance, as it was crafted by Karn and Jeska, but I can't see Ravnica or Kamigawa in there, as much as I pray for better versions of some of my favorite legends in that block. They may have been sent to different worlds, but the time rifts affect only Dominaria.

You want your favorite legends in those blocks, then wait for 10th. Most likely some of them will be sent..

I hope the top gets sent too. I don't really need them that badly, but they're helpful.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
You want your favorite legends in those blocks, then wait for 10th. Most likely some of them will be sent..

I hope the top gets sent too. I don't really need them that badly, but they're helpful.

My favorite legends in those blocks aren't actually any of the ones listed above. They're mainly Yosei and some fat that goes well with reanimation.

Anyways, what decks to you think will rock standard post-Time Spiral? I'm personally thinking UB control, using things like Cancel, Leak, and Perplex, loaded with bounce and reanimating or casting Avatar of Woe, ditched with a Thought Courier or Compusive Research, for the win. Maybe other cars, but the best fat that comes to mind immediately is the Avatar. Then pretty much clear the way for 4 hits from the 6/5 fear. Mirari would be a beast with things wil Assassinate as well, if you can find room in the deck and a way to reliably play it without screwing up your tempo. Time Spiral gives you so many ways to pull things like this off... The deck can even splash a third color like white due to shocklands as well. Pwnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.